Gransnet forums

News & politics

Where is Johnson?

(254 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Mon 17-Jan-22 10:15:17

He seems to have disappeared.

Callistemon21 Fri 21-Jan-22 21:01:12

effalump

I thought he'd gone into hiding because he's caught a whiff of the new Neuremberg 2 case that's gone to the Interntaional Criminal Court. It all seems very strange that he's suddenly dropping most of the mandates. Either that or he knows something else is coming, or it could be the impending war between Russia and the Ukraine because we are likely to be dragged into that conflict.

I thought that too, effalump.

There is far more that is worrying than the outfall from parties.

MaizieD Fri 21-Jan-22 20:47:01

I wouldn't depend on anything coming out of No 10 being true. Google only confirms that the story exists.

It's you and me against google, GSM grin

Nightsky2 Fri 21-Jan-22 20:19:56

Germanshepherdsmum

If Mr Google tells you something it’s bound to be true.

It was on this occasion.

effalump Fri 21-Jan-22 16:51:08

I thought he'd gone into hiding because he's caught a whiff of the new Neuremberg 2 case that's gone to the Interntaional Criminal Court. It all seems very strange that he's suddenly dropping most of the mandates. Either that or he knows something else is coming, or it could be the impending war between Russia and the Ukraine because we are likely to be dragged into that conflict.

Devorgilla Fri 21-Jan-22 14:42:20

I saw it as a headline on a late BBC news site re next day's paper headlines. The journalist on the programme commented that newspapers don't print stories about under age children of a PM unless they have permission from the parents. If BJ says he knew nothing about it, it must have been sanctioned by Carrie. Doubt the paper would print it if not having that permission.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 21-Jan-22 13:30:01

If Mr Google tells you something it’s bound to be true.

Nightsky2 Fri 21-Jan-22 13:18:55

MaizieD

JenniferEccles

We were told that the PM was self isolating as a family member had tested positive.
As Carrie and Boris himself of course had previously had the virus it had to be one of the children.

Although in the vast majority of cases children have very mild symptoms, it would have undoubtedly caused much anxiety as the baby is still so young.

We don't even know if it's true, JE, only one paper ran the story and nothing's really been heard since.

Well I heard it mentioned on RdioTimes at around 11.30 pm on Wednesday night. No mention of it the following morning on the BBC which I thought was a bit odd and so I googled it just to be sure I had heard correctly.

Kali2 Fri 21-Jan-22 13:06:10

House in Greece too, if I remember well. He just had to go, apparently, in the middle of lock-down, to 'see to his property' there.

halfpint1 Fri 21-Jan-22 13:02:37

I remember reading that his father lives in France............(Europe)

Greta Fri 21-Jan-22 12:43:08

Agree, pearl79, and yet there are people who seriously believe our PM has done a wonderful job throughout the pandemic. I find it impossible to understand why some cannot see what this man is all about.

pearl79 Fri 21-Jan-22 12:19:48

This is not to mention all the people whose lives have been "on hold" for two years
+ the people who have been traumatised by aspects of this badly-handled disaster and will take a much longer time to recover and return to their own real lives.

pearl79 Fri 21-Jan-22 12:17:15

My sympathy remains with the people who lost their lives to covid while Boris "fiddled" and Rome burned covid took hold + the people who lost their lives due to lack of PPE equipment + the people who lost their lives because the NHS and Care Homes were simply not able to cope
+ all their relatives, especially the ones who would have liked to be there with them as they died
+ all their friends and relatives who were not able to attend the funerals.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 21-Jan-22 11:29:34

Not in the least Munchy. Partly because I remain unconvinced that his daughter was ill. Even if she was that wouldn’t have prevented him from appearing via Zoom for instance.

MayBee70 Fri 21-Jan-22 11:26:28

Munchy25

Wonder if all you kind people out there who were calling him a coward and worse are feeling a little guilty over their comments regarding the family member having COVID and saying that he was just making an excuse to keep out of the limelight. In light of the news that it is his baby daughter who is ill can they not accept that he is human like the rest of us and has family worries and concerns just like we do. Let’s be kind to each other. How would you like it if it was your family.Please ask yourself that question and be honest with yourself.

I’m not feeling guilty at all on a day when he stops all protective measures against my children and grandchildren to save his job. It’s his fault that I don’t believe anything he says. I’ve never known a public figure before that lies constantly. He even lies sometimes when he doesn’t even have to say anything: I can’t remember the subject matter but he did it in parliament the other day. He threw in an unnecessary comment that was a lie. I always try to see the good in people but, in his case, there is none.

Kali2 Fri 21-Jan-22 11:12:54

Thanks, and what is she saying on the subject?

Where is dad though- seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth!

Thanks Johnson for helping with Wordle today- it was very obvious.

FannyCornforth Fri 21-Jan-22 10:15:24

Kali, his sister Rachel broadcasts live on LBC every Sunday, including last Sunday, from 7-10pm

Kali2 Fri 21-Jan-22 10:11:01

A related question 'where is his dad' and his sister and brother?

And another- how is a Boris Johnson 'made' - a man-child who has never been forced to face the consequences of his action?

This is interesting

youtu.be/FOQaprPHbJE

Greta Fri 21-Jan-22 09:19:53

JenniferEccles: As Carrie and Boris himself of course had previously had the virus it had to be one of the children.

Not necessarily, you can catch Covid more than once.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 21-Jan-22 09:18:39

We absolutely have to reserve judgement on anything relating to Johnson it is only rational to do so as everything he says is a lie.

MaizieD Fri 21-Jan-22 09:14:22

JenniferEccles

We were told that the PM was self isolating as a family member had tested positive.
As Carrie and Boris himself of course had previously had the virus it had to be one of the children.

Although in the vast majority of cases children have very mild symptoms, it would have undoubtedly caused much anxiety as the baby is still so young.

We don't even know if it's true, JE, only one paper ran the story and nothing's really been heard since.

JenniferEccles Fri 21-Jan-22 08:52:26

silverlining48 Fri 21-Jan-22 08:50:55

Another unforgettable insensitive statement from the PM I think?

love0c Fri 21-Jan-22 08:50:09

That does not sound very caring at all. However, it needs to be noted that by 2025 there will be over 12 million people awaiting operations and diagnosis, scans etc etc. How high will the pile of bodies be by then I wonder?

Whitewavemark2 Fri 21-Jan-22 08:47:27

Let the bodies pile high - doesn’t sound very caring to me

MaizieD Fri 21-Jan-22 08:44:52

Munchy25

Wonder if all you kind people out there who were calling him a coward and worse are feeling a little guilty over their comments regarding the family member having COVID and saying that he was just making an excuse to keep out of the limelight. In light of the news that it is his baby daughter who is ill can they not accept that he is human like the rest of us and has family worries and concerns just like we do. Let’s be kind to each other. How would you like it if it was your family.Please ask yourself that question and be honest with yourself.

Not in the slightest bit guilty, Munchy25. If the situation were reversed Johnson wouldn't give a toss about you and your feelings. He's done unimaginable damage to the UK and the sooner he gets his miserable backside out of No. 10, with maximum humiliation to him and his freeloading wife, the better.