News & politics

Where is Johnson?

(253 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Mon 17-Jan-22 10:15:17

He seems to have disappeared.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 17-Jan-22 10:15:40

Is he frit?

FannyCornforth Mon 17-Jan-22 10:19:15

He is self isolating until tomorrow isn’t he?
‘A family member’ tested positive.
But, yes. He is hiding, and yes, he is frit.

FannyCornforth Mon 17-Jan-22 10:20:56

Today in The Times

FannyCornforth Mon 17-Jan-22 10:21:57

I wonder if he’s in that booze fridge that they use?

ayse Mon 17-Jan-22 10:24:03

Hiding and biding his time to make his announcements about the way forward hoping that this will divert public attention.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 17-Jan-22 10:30:18

Definitely hiding. As cowardly bully boys do.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 17-Jan-22 10:34:52

FannyCornforth

The really bizarre thing is that he is apparently obeying rules that don’t exist?. Makes a change from not obeying those that do I suppose.

His current plan to bring supporters to heel

Attack the BBC and take away the funding from the licence

Send in gunboats to prevent those in little plastic boats from trying to seek asylum in the U.K.

Sack anyone that attended parties in number 10. Not him of course, that would be silly.

MaizieD Mon 17-Jan-22 10:35:30

He's working hard on Operation Red Meat to save the skin of Big Dog.

(Possibly he's onto a loser there. I think most of the electorate sincerely hope that he is on his way out)

FannyCornforth Mon 17-Jan-22 10:38:32

Red Meat. Big Dog
All a bit err, phallic isn’t it? envy

Hetty58 Mon 17-Jan-22 10:39:21

I think he's hoping it will all blow over - and it's business as usual from tomorrow. Being completely out of touch, perhaps he's unaware of the angry mobs?

glammanana Mon 17-Jan-22 10:42:07

He's playing hide & seek in no.10 back garden .

MaizieD Mon 17-Jan-22 10:52:23

FannyCornforth

Red Meat. Big Dog
All a bit err, phallic isn’t it? envy

That's our lovely cuddly PM for you, Fanny. 'A bit phallic'....

Ilovecheese Mon 17-Jan-22 10:53:47

The longer he keeps his head down, he is hoping that the public will become bored with feeling angry and let him survive.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 17-Jan-22 10:57:03

Today £4.3bn fraud as a result of covid is being written off. Chancellor announced today.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 17-Jan-22 11:03:09

Susie Dent ?

Word of the day is ‘sparple’ (14th century): to deflect unwanted attention from one thing by making a big deal of another.

Johnson is very busy sparpling isn’t he?

vegansrock Mon 17-Jan-22 11:08:09

More like operation Dead Meat

GillT57 Mon 17-Jan-22 11:08:37

Yes well, we all know what happens to big dogs don't we? Johnson is a coward, another one to add to his lost of faults, honestly how anyone can possibly defend him is beyond me.

The latest efforts to distract the masses are both predictable and pathetic; migrants on boats, BBC licence fee, all populist subjects which appeal to the tabloid reading masses, he hopes. The terminology of 'No10 culture' is a lead up to firing scapegoats within the staff, hoping that people will be stupid guillible enough to think that poor Johnson was led astray by the wicked, heavy drinking Downing Street staff. I would love for Teresa May to stand up in the house and point out that, apart from perhaps Christmas drinks, there was no party culture at no10 when she lived there. Dominic Lawson wrote in the Sunday Times that Johnson was warned by several people that having a party/drinks was both unwise and illegal, and Johnson just laughingly dismissed their concerns.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 17-Jan-22 11:15:02

Interesting that Murdoch doesn’t seem to be supporting him.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 17-Jan-22 11:26:33

Navy chap on the radio said using the navy will never work. No captain would position his ship to do such a thing.

This is never going to happen.

It is a despicable thing.

Urmstongran Mon 17-Jan-22 11:32:44

It seems it might be a case of Save the Big Dog by drowning a few puppies. SPADs and advisers are under threat. Some likely to be sacked by all accounts.

Urmstongran Mon 17-Jan-22 11:36:39

For a man who quite rightly won a large majority as an enterprising and individual Tory who really believed in a Euro-free global Britain, the blob has shackled Boris fully. Where has he gone?
?

GillT57 Mon 17-Jan-22 11:38:08

Urmstongran

It seems it might be a case of Save the Big Dog by drowning a few puppies. SPADs and advisers are under threat. Some likely to be sacked by all accounts.

I agree that there are likely to be a few sackings. Hopefully those people tossed on the bonfire of Johnson's vanity will spill the beans and finish him and his cronies off.

Save the Big Dog by drowning a few puppies Patel has got that in place, but it will be refugees who will drown, not a 'few puppies'.

JaneJudge Mon 17-Jan-22 11:40:03

FannyCornforth

he doesn't have to self isolate if he has had two vaccinations. My husband (argh!) and son are covid positive and NHS have texted me saying I don't have to isolate, I just have to do an LFT for 7 days or until 26th January, whichever is first

Deedaa Mon 17-Jan-22 11:41:32

Why he thinks that firing a load of people for not hiding what he's been doing is going to endear him to the British public is beyond me. Obviously going for the lowest common denominator now with promises of bringing in the military to deal with refugees so he may still get away with it.