Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tory Policy

(62 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 19-Jan-22 07:43:45

I thought that as well as concentrating on incompetence and lies we ought to be looking at the harm that may and is being done as a result of Tory policy.

I’ll kickstart with this

Being reported by Yorkshire Live

Fisherman living off £100 per month as so much sewage has been pumped into British seawater “everything is dead for miles”.

That would also probably explain the hundreds of dead seabirds washed up on the beaches.

GillT57 Wed 19-Jan-22 13:32:17

Grannynannywanny

It’s certainly no crime to look at your watch. But he did it in a smirking and mocking fashion while Ian Blackford was speaking. I’m no fan of Blackford but I think Johnson’s behaviour showed him to be an uncouth oaf.

I think it was Blackford too, who stopped speaking to request that the PM put his phone down.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 21-Jan-22 08:42:55

Tory chief whip has paused the Animal Welfare bill because some areas are considered too woke.

What on earth is the matter with these people.

Live animal transport?

Puppy farming?

Just get it done!

Whitewavemark2 Fri 21-Jan-22 08:45:22

NHS

Johnson, as part of his red meat come back is putting pressure on NHS chiefs to deliver what the chiefs see as impossible.p to deliver.

Hetty58 Fri 21-Jan-22 08:57:53

What happened to the 40 new hospitals - and what, exactly, is a 'new hospital' anyway?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/59372348

MaizieD Fri 21-Jan-22 09:10:26

Hetty58

What happened to the 40 new hospitals - and what, exactly, is a 'new hospital' anyway?

Did you not see the directive to NHS that said that refurbishments and extending or building new units were to be presented as 'new hospital'?

I have it saved on my laptop. I'll post a link to it later.

westendgirl Fri 21-Jan-22 09:12:24

We have been a laughing stock ever since Johnson took over according to my friends in France

Lucca Fri 21-Jan-22 09:17:03

Yes and mine in Italy.

Hetty58 Fri 21-Jan-22 09:17:05

MaizieD, yes, I know - it's just that most people assumed that it was 40 new hospitals, didn't they?

Lucca Fri 21-Jan-22 09:17:39

Oh and they are 100% not “lefties” just by the way

Hetty58 Fri 21-Jan-22 09:18:16

westendgirl and Lucca - and in NZ too!

Whitewavemark2 Fri 21-Jan-22 09:21:24

I see that it is being recorded that the cameras on the M20 have all been turned off .

Anything to do with the 17 km lorry tailback I wonder?

Strange sort of policy.

MaizieD Fri 21-Jan-22 09:37:20

Hetty58

MaizieD, yes, I know - it's just that most people assumed that it was 40 new hospitals, didn't they?

That was exactly what they were meant to assume. And if they've believed it, it just goes to show that the government's contempt for voters is, to some measure justified when people are stupid enough to be duped by them.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 21-Jan-22 10:25:08

Brexit isn’t working

TopsyIrene06 Fri 21-Jan-22 11:58:23

Whitewavemark2. Adele has cancelled her Las Vegas gig which BBC News and BBCr4 Today found to be newsworthy but the miles and miles of queues coming out of Dover failed to be mentioned. I wonder why?

trisher Fri 21-Jan-22 12:05:26

I also wonder about the" Johnson must go" news. It seems to have taken over from any discussion of the restrictive and ridiculous legislation currently passing through Parliament. You might almost think the Tories have orchesrated it. Just enough upset to make people think something will happen, whilst they pass legislation no one voted for. Then nothing happens. They might or might not dump Boris but they have two years to think about it.

growstuff Fri 21-Jan-22 12:10:19

Hetty58

One of the genuinely new hospitals is near me. It's been planned for years and the money has been earmarked for ages. Yes, it will be a new hospital when it's finally built, but the money won't be new money.

growstuff Fri 21-Jan-22 12:11:46

PS. The existing hospital will be closed, so there won't be any "new" beds.

Dinahmo Fri 21-Jan-22 16:27:02

Hetty58

25 are rebuilds, 12 are having new wings and 3 are actual new builds.

Coastpath Fri 21-Jan-22 17:37:38

Whitewavemark2

Tory chief whip has paused the Animal Welfare bill because some areas are considered too woke.

What on earth is the matter with these people.

Live animal transport?

Puppy farming?

Just get it done!

The Animal Welfare Bill also includes stricter sentences for dog thieves and a ban on trophy hunting imports.

Mark Spencer is the Chief Whip responsible for the pause.

Mark Spencer is a beef, chicken and lamb farmer. Why would he be opposed to animal welfare policies? Perhaps because he appreciates the donations the Tory party receive from landowners and the hunting, fishing, shooting set.

GillT57 Fri 21-Jan-22 20:16:13

I would like to see Wes Streeting ask Javid for a list of the 40 new hospitals. We need more aggressive questioning,more calling out and exposure of the fake facts and lies.

grannydarkhair Sat 22-Jan-22 00:45:45

A20 - Dover, 17 km queue today, as reported on Twitter by “ciaran the euro courier”. He tweets most days with similar horror stories, says that given the time it takes to process each individual vehicle, and given the average length of HGVs, the queue could easily stretch to 19km one day. Yet another Brexit Bonus!
But for me, it’s Food Banks that are a major issue. We’re such a rich country, yet thousands of people are now having to use them. And how often have we seen some smiling Conservative MP being interviewed/photographed outside one saying “They’re doing such a good job” or words to that effect.

vegansrock Sat 22-Jan-22 05:51:28

They’ve only got to paint a corridor and it’s a “new hospital”.?

GillT57 Sat 22-Jan-22 13:06:54

If our local ERG MP turned up at the Foodbank where I volunteer he would be told to bugger off leave the premises. Probably by the vicar

Dinahmo Sat 22-Jan-22 13:38:21

Not much chance of your MP turning up, sadly.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jan-22 07:38:43

The Wildlife Trusts
@WildlifeTrusts
The Government have gone against their own advisors and approved the use of bee-killing pesticides in England. This decision is catastrophic for our pollinators and will ultimately lead to the harm of wildlife ❌ ? ?