Gransnet forums

News & politics

Tory Policy

(62 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 19-Jan-22 07:43:45

I thought that as well as concentrating on incompetence and lies we ought to be looking at the harm that may and is being done as a result of Tory policy.

I’ll kickstart with this

Being reported by Yorkshire Live

Fisherman living off £100 per month as so much sewage has been pumped into British seawater “everything is dead for miles”.

That would also probably explain the hundreds of dead seabirds washed up on the beaches.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jan-22 07:43:05

?

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jan-22 10:36:38

After over 10 years of Tory government

22% of population is in poverty - just think that is nearly 1/4 of entire U.K.

2.4 million people are absolutely destitute.

spabbygirl Tue 25-Jan-22 22:36:25

I agree with whitewavemark2, 10+ years of Tory government has left this country in a dire state, it isn't just Johnson but the whole lot of Tories. 22% of the population in poverty and more absolutely destitute and Oxfam research telling us the amount of billionaires has increased. This is not a world I want to live in and I don't want my taxes going to Serco etc. I want my taxes to pay for benefits, NHS & schools, I don't need benefits now but I have done and want them to be available for others. Then we get Tories being photographed in the food bank saying how well they're doing!!! They are a disgrace to the human race

Whitewavemark2 Wed 26-Jan-22 11:36:49

Still massive queues into Dover.

Brexit still isn’t working.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 27-Jan-22 18:40:16

What is this country becoming? This is outrageous.

Breaking: The Home Office has admitted exercising an unlawful and secret policy of seizing mobile phones from all migrants crossing the English Channel

Lawyers made admission at the High Court, while fighting legal action brought by three asylum seekers

Curlywhirly Thu 27-Jan-22 18:49:11

Whitewavemark2

What is this country becoming? This is outrageous.

Breaking: The Home Office has admitted exercising an unlawful and secret policy of seizing mobile phones from all migrants crossing the English Channel

Lawyers made admission at the High Court, while fighting legal action brought by three asylum seekers

I know, but no mention of on the TV news channels?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 27-Jan-22 20:00:17

And another. My god Patel is out of control

Claudia Webbe MP
@ClaudiaWebbe
·

Good news.

Today, the government was told stripping UK citizens of citizenship without notice is illegal.

Let’s keep up the fight and defeat the march to fascism

MayBee70 Thu 27-Jan-22 20:39:54

Why did they need to be told…..?Isn’t it obvious: it’s just downright wrong for one thing.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 28-Jan-22 13:19:02

I see Brexit is still not working.

Queues still long.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 28-Jan-22 16:31:29

So at the moment the government is unsure whether it will delay the rise of the NI in April or not.

I suppose it depends whether by delaying it , it will save Johnson’s neck.

GillT57 Fri 28-Jan-22 17:13:29

They also keep calling it 1.25% rise in NIC, it is 1.25 points and actually over 10%. Big difference. Has anyone asked where the Brexit bonus of £350m a week for the NHS gone?