Gransnet forums

News & politics

*Why* is the media hanging onto Cummings every word?

(138 Posts)
GagaJo Mon 24-Jan-22 17:23:32

Just that really. Scummings is not to be trusted. Broke rules himself.

Why is he now heading the mob rule out to get Boris? Don't get me wrong, I think BJ is a t**t. But Cummings is just as bad, if not worse.

Iam64 Mon 24-Jan-22 20:53:42

To add - by your friends you can be judged

GillT57 Mon 24-Jan-22 20:58:22

From that disgraceful afternoon when Cummings turned up late to his "press conference " in the Downing street Rose garden and issued his offensively unbelievable explanation for breaking lockdown and going to Barnard Castle it was obvious that he "had something" on Johnson, knew where the bodies were buried so to speak. This is all apparent now, my difficulty is deciding which one I loathe the most. The unelected SPaD who manipulated the electorate, by his own admission, into voting to leave the EU, or the immoral liar that so many on this country thought a great candidate to be PM.

EllanVannin Mon 24-Jan-22 21:08:53

What a weasel---thin lips and a sharp nose for stabbing geese .
He is what he is, like Fagin. 'Orrible little man.

MissAdventure Mon 24-Jan-22 21:20:35

grin

JaneJudge Mon 24-Jan-22 21:24:35

I hate both of them

Gwyneth Mon 24-Jan-22 21:25:46

I think Beth Rigby got the measure of Scummings in the Rose Garden. She deserves a medal she wouldn’t let him off the hook.

Josieann Mon 24-Jan-22 21:31:35

EllanVannin

What a weasel---thin lips and a sharp nose for stabbing geese .
He is what he is, like Fagin. 'Orrible little man.

Apologies to weasels.

Coastpath Mon 24-Jan-22 21:43:48

It says something about Michael Gove and Boris Johnson that they chose this devious little weasel for their teams.

Even if Cummings had no voice in the media the evidence against Johnson and his team keeps on coming from many and varied other sources.

Atqui Mon 24-Jan-22 21:47:59

He’ll make plenty of money writing a book. (Specsavers I mean)

Hippie20 Mon 24-Jan-22 21:55:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Callistemon21 Mon 24-Jan-22 22:06:00

This is all apparent now, my difficulty is deciding which one I loathe the most. The unelected SPaD who manipulated the electorate, by his own admission, into voting to leave the EU, or the immoral liar that so many on this country thought a great candidate to be PM.

I loathe Scummings more; I feel that he is an evil genius and has not a jot of empathy or feeling for anyone and cares not a jot what anyone thinks of him either. Rather like a deadly snake waiting to kill with his poisonous bite.

Johnson is more like a daft, exuberant dog, perhaps an Afghan Hound, wanting to be liked but causing chaos wherever he goes, smashing the crockery off the coffee table with his wagging tail, pre-owned a few times and now owned by a family who thought he might be lovely but realise now how totally unsuitable he is.

Sorry, you can tell I'm bored!

MissAdventure Mon 24-Jan-22 22:10:44

I dislike Cummings more.
He has a more hateful face.
All skinny and sneaky.

Callistemon21 Mon 24-Jan-22 22:20:09

He can't help his looks, MissA
But yes.

Is that his problem? He looks thoroughly unpleasant, like a skinny pitbull whereas Johnson looks like an over-exuberant untrained fluffy retriever.

Zoejory Mon 24-Jan-22 22:29:42

Callistemon21

^This is all apparent now, my difficulty is deciding which one I loathe the most. The unelected SPaD who manipulated the electorate, by his own admission, into voting to leave the EU, or the immoral liar that so many on this country thought a great candidate to be PM.^

I loathe Scummings more; I feel that he is an evil genius and has not a jot of empathy or feeling for anyone and cares not a jot what anyone thinks of him either. Rather like a deadly snake waiting to kill with his poisonous bite.

Johnson is more like a daft, exuberant dog, perhaps an Afghan Hound, wanting to be liked but causing chaos wherever he goes, smashing the crockery off the coffee table with his wagging tail, pre-owned a few times and now owned by a family who thought he might be lovely but realise now how totally unsuitable he is.

Sorry, you can tell I'm bored!

Perfect description!

Also today I was gazing at that revered newspaper known as the Daily Mail. The cutting edge journalism was there for all to see. Boris is childlike and Keir is boring. And it's all to do with the date they were born.

Incredible!

Callistemon21 Mon 24-Jan-22 22:31:33

It is written in the stars!

MissAdventure Mon 24-Jan-22 22:35:32

It certainly is.

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 07:10:15

I had a dream about Cummings last night.
He was trying to poison me with a sort of magic potion.
Sarah Vine was there too.
We were in my old school sports hall.
Someone had put a load of gravy and leftovers in my handbag, so I couldn’t find my phone to call 999?

Lucca Tue 25-Jan-22 07:17:01

is that his problem? He looks thoroughly unpleasant, like a skinny pitbull whereas Johnson looks like an over-exuberant untrained fluffy retriever

A. Can people with skinny faces only be nasty?

B. Boris Johnson is nothing at all like a fluffy retriever,( the ultimate in cuddly and nice.)

If we are judging people on their looks then the best description of Johnson I saw on GN was that he looked like a burst sofa.

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 07:20:48

Our Prime Minister, Ladies and Gentlemen

Galaxy Tue 25-Jan-22 08:05:32

Damaged men. That's all. Johnsons 'damage' is obvious in every gesture and little boy being told off expression.

LullyDully Tue 25-Jan-22 08:12:10

I dislike the way all the evidence has been drip fed in an incremental manner. Is the birthday party the icing on the cake or do we have a glorious finale to come.? My problem is that when Boris goes , as he surely must, who do we have left?

( while I'm at it, which brains thought up a knighthood for Gavin Williamson of all people?)

MaizieD Tue 25-Jan-22 08:29:44

while I'm at it, which brains thought up a knighthood for Gavin Williamson of all people?

Probably the same one that thought peerages for a brain dead cricketer, an IRA sympathiser and the son of a KGB member would be a good idea...

Dickens Tue 25-Jan-22 08:31:13

Galaxy

Damaged men. That's all. Johnsons 'damage' is obvious in every gesture and little boy being told off expression.

... I've noticed that! He's a cross between a scowling teenager and a toddler about to have a temper tantrum at PMQs sometimes. He does not like to be challenged, that's for sure.

TBH I think his personal ambition has blinded him to the reality of politics in this country. The electorate are often fickle and perhaps many of those who 'lent' him their vote to get Brexit "done" do not have a natural affinity with the Conservative party, so his mistakes will not automatically be tolerated. I think he's over-rated his popularity and is now in a very difficult position. And Cummings is out to get him, that's for sure. We can all see that he (Cummings) is drip-feeding his vengeance. Johnson was riding high and it's now unravelling - I doubt he will be leading the next GE.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 25-Jan-22 08:55:43

Whatever we think of Cummings, bear in mind that if there was nothing to leak, he wouldn’t be able to cause such havoc.

polnan Tue 25-Jan-22 10:35:44

Why is the media hanging on....

cos they love the "dirt"

look at the so called "news" headlines.....

everyone doom and gloom,
covid went quiet (!)
well, asteroid going to hit the earth (yes, I saw that headline!)
then climate change aka global warming

now.?? well mixture.. all of them plus World War 3 or is that 4?
Russia invading! and on and on

where is the good news in the media!? or even moderate?
sleaze! and on and on.. (ranting here)