Gransnet forums

News & politics

*Why* is the media hanging onto Cummings every word?

(138 Posts)
GagaJo Mon 24-Jan-22 17:23:32

Just that really. Scummings is not to be trusted. Broke rules himself.

Why is he now heading the mob rule out to get Boris? Don't get me wrong, I think BJ is a t**t. But Cummings is just as bad, if not worse.

MissAdventure Wed 26-Jan-22 06:57:24

I bet he rues the day.

Urmstongran Wed 26-Jan-22 07:35:49

Kay Burley just said on SKY news just now that Sue Grey’s report may be available later today.

Urmstongran Wed 26-Jan-22 07:37:37

It really is a bit childish to claim that because somebody has done something wrong (especially of the smirkable rumpy pumpy sort, so beloved of tabloids), he should have that thrown at him forever more

Not Boris though eh growstuff? Hmm.

growstuff Wed 26-Jan-22 07:40:10

Urmstongran

^It really is a bit childish to claim that because somebody has done something wrong (especially of the smirkable rumpy pumpy sort, so beloved of tabloids), he should have that thrown at him forever more^

Not Boris though eh growstuff? Hmm.

How many times has Ferguson messed up?

Unless I've missed something, it's on a different scale from Johnson.

Lincslass Wed 26-Jan-22 08:12:50

The press are hanging on to his every word, because it suits the agenda of many of these remain in EU publications. Now they have a chance to help bring down the man who made it happen. Are they really such pontiffs and full of puffiness that they are really so upset about so called party gate. No I think they have a bigger agenda, as in the removal of a man they dislike as PM.

vegansrock Wed 26-Jan-22 08:15:14

Didn’t Ferguson resign though? I’ve seen Johnson described as the turd that won’t flush.

Casdon Wed 26-Jan-22 08:18:27

All media and press outlets except the blatantly right wing ones are seeing this as a very serious breach of the law in force at the time of the lockdowns Lincslass. Attempting to blame the media for the PM, cronies and civil servants lies and lawbreaking is futile.

Lincslass Wed 26-Jan-22 08:46:02

I’ve been told.

Dickens Wed 26-Jan-22 09:22:38

MaizieD

Cummings' declared objective is to completely destroy the current system of government and replace it with something data and technology driven, controlled by some sort of high tech 'elite and preferably peopled by automatons at the lower end. This is why disruption and complete disregard for any rules, customs or culture are what he is after. He is a revolutionary.

He's not in the slightest bit interested in being liked, either.

I'm not sure what purpose his revolution would serve. He's certainly not interested in the wellbeing of the nation's citizens.

Ex-actly!

That's him in a nutshell.

Lexisgranny Wed 26-Jan-22 09:48:42

Just a few random thoughts about Cummings….

He is obviously out for revenge. He took his time and subscribed to the belief that it was best served cold. Whatever the outcome of the investigations he has already succeeded in making things as difficult as possible for the PM.

I just wonder where he (DM) goes from here. He is obviously a clever man, but does not appear to have a private income. There will doubtless be a book coming out and then what? Surely any organisation is going to think twice about employing him as he has already demonstrated law breaking and double standards. He is a relatively young man with a family to support. What would it say about a company who wanted to employ him?

Alegrias1 Wed 26-Jan-22 09:54:55

I find it puzzling that anyone thinks Cummings is short of money or that he'll struggle to find another job.

They'll be queuing up to employ him. Possibly already are.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy...

MaizieD Wed 26-Jan-22 10:09:26

Lincslass

The press are hanging on to his every word, because it suits the agenda of many of these remain in EU publications. Now they have a chance to help bring down the man who made it happen. Are they really such pontiffs and full of puffiness that they are really so upset about so called party gate. No I think they have a bigger agenda, as in the removal of a man they dislike as PM.

Extraordinary.

So why are the daily papers, which supported Brexit and Johnson, and which have the greatest combined circulation between them, now calling for his removal? That can't be a nasty Remainer plot, can it?