Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris and his lockdown birthday party

(314 Posts)
Esspee Mon 24-Jan-22 23:07:54

Have a look at the pics. He is such a hypocrite.

Callistemon21 Mon 24-Jan-22 23:16:35

Dear Josephine

I am a bit older than you, in fact ten times older than you! My special birthday party was postponed too because we were not allowed to meet people.

We both behaved very well, didn't we, not breaking the rules, and I hope you have managed to enjoy your postponed birthday with lots of your friends by now ??????

With love from Callistemon

Ps Boris is a two faced hypocrite (do you know what that means? I expect Mummy or Daddy will explain)

janeainsworth Mon 24-Jan-22 23:31:54

Me and MrA at our Golden Wedding party, July 2020.

Our guests all notable by their absence!

Chestnut Mon 24-Jan-22 23:49:14

I'm shocked at the PM's handwriting! Couldn't he have used lined paper underneath to follow when he's writing. That was what we were always taught to do. His writing has gone completely off the rails, maybe he was drunk at the time.??

MayBee70 Tue 25-Jan-22 00:09:46

Anyone see Peter Bone on Sky News again saying that people in his constituency haven’t complained to him at all about the parties and virtually accusing Peter Kyle of lying when he said that many people are talking about it.

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 02:32:00

Jane you look both beautiful and fabulous!

The PM’s handwriting is interesting. (I’m a bit of an amateur handwriting analyst)

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 02:36:55

I am the furthest that you can get from an apologist for Johnson; but reading about his ‘party’, it certainly doesn’t sound like my idea of a party.
It only lasted 30 minutes. It sounds more like a lunch break with a cake and a sing song

MayBee70 Tue 25-Jan-22 04:16:28

FannyCornforth

Jane you look both beautiful and fabulous!

The PM’s handwriting is interesting. (I’m a bit of an amateur handwriting analyst)

Exactly what I thought. Someone who studies handwriting could tell us a thing or two about his personality from that.

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 05:44:07

MayBee Google Boris Johnson handwriting analysis. There’s quite a bit online.
Off to read now!

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 05:53:45

Unfortunately it’s not that great though. I’d prefer something a bit more in depth

BlueBelle Tue 25-Jan-22 06:14:01

It doesn’t matter if his ‘party’ lasted five minutes FC ….it happened when no one else could, it’s the blatant hypocrisy of it all that bites everyone so much YOU CANNOT make a rule and then take no notice of it yourself The ‘decorator’ was there so it wasn’t even just people he was working with

You are setting a great example Johnson writes says it all doesn’t it !!!

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 06:27:54

BlueBelle I quite agree with you. But I do think that saying that Johnson had a ‘birthday party’ is somewhat misleading

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 06:29:01

NB I am not say that Esspee is being misleading, I’m referring to the media.

Doodledog Tue 25-Jan-22 06:35:11

Of course it doesn’t matter how long the party lasted. We were all told that people could only go inside the house to access the garden, and if memory serves, people were arguing about whether this included using the loo.

What sort of adult (never mind a parent) denies seven year olds a party and then has one himself? And capitalising on the fact that Josephine cancelled her party by tweeting his ‘supportive’ reply is the icing on the birthday cake!

It’s not the party itself that’s at issue, nor the length of time it went on - although parties were either dangerous or they weren’t - it’s the sheer disregard for the sacrifices other people were making that’s so galling.

Rowantree Tue 25-Jan-22 06:44:40

I'm not a bit surprised
I do wonder why people forgive him so easily when he's always been corrupt and self seeking.

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 06:47:50

It would have been a juicier story journalistically and gossip wise if it had been a massive piss-up with Carrie dancing on the table; Govey throwing some moves and Gavin Williamson photocopying his behind.
Rather than a workplace lunch with M&S snacks and a cream sponge.
That’s what I’m trying to get at

Doodledog Tue 25-Jan-22 06:51:13

I know what you mean FC, but I still think the principle remains. A 7 year old’s party wouldn’t have been a debauched affair, but Josephine still had to cancel hers.

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 07:01:29

I never said that I disagreed.
I think it’s appalling and I find Johnson abhorrent.

Always have done.

I’ve told this tale before; but I’ll tell it again - I cried on the morning of the Brexit result because I was so scared that he’d become PM.

I’m not the opposition on this thread!

Doodledog Tue 25-Jan-22 07:27:10

I know grin

I said that I know what you mean.

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 07:28:33

Thank you! smile

GrannyGravy13 Tue 25-Jan-22 07:28:56

Paul Brand ITV political editor broke this story, his husband is a civil servant at No.10.

I am deeply suspicious as to why these stories have been sat on until now.

janeainsworth Tue 25-Jan-22 07:34:04

Thank you Fanny. The odd thing is at the time, I just felt a little bit sad that we would have to postpone our party.
But we still had something to celebrate, and we were Doing the Right Thing, just like everyone else, so in that sense it didn’t seem much of a sacrifice that we couldn’t have our family and friends with us on our special day.
Then, we thought the pandemic would be over the Christmas.

Now though, I can’t see us ever having a party again. And I feel disgusted, angry and bitter that while we and the rest of the country made those sacrifices, those at the top who should have known better and who should have been leading by example were doing the exact opposite.

FannyCornforth Tue 25-Jan-22 07:34:24

GG I heard (somewhere) that they were ‘sat on’ because revealing the details at a time when we were in lock down, or when another lock down might be imminent, would have played havoc with the compliance of the public

Ashcombe Tue 25-Jan-22 07:35:12

I cried that morning, too. In fact, I shed tears regularly over the state of our country. Brexit, corrupt politicians, etc. Covid has distracted many from tge disastrous way our country is being (mis)managed.

Lucca Tue 25-Jan-22 07:41:18

That’s a very good point Ashcombe