Gransnet forums

News & politics

Does anybody else think the Queen has lost weight?

(61 Posts)
MayBeMaw Thu 10-Feb-22 07:11:00

Should we be concerned?

merlotgran Thu 10-Feb-22 10:57:14

According to the family fashionista she’s bang on trend with her loose fitting dresses. ?

MissAdventure Thu 10-Feb-22 10:55:49

grin

Grannynannywanny Thu 10-Feb-22 10:53:34

Maybe she read the rather personal remarks a few weeks ago about how she needed a good fitting bra and has decided to opt for looser fitting clothes instead.

karmalady Thu 10-Feb-22 10:49:40

her eyes are bright and she was animated. I was taught `to observe` she looks very well, best not to carry extra weight at her age

Lovetopaint037 Thu 10-Feb-22 10:41:19

We thought she looked frail but she is 96 so not surprised. She looks really good, bless her.

Sparklefizz Thu 10-Feb-22 10:33:50

Oopsadaisy1

It isn’t unusual but what I find odd is that her watch strap wasn’t altered so that we wouldn’t see that it sags and that her dress wasn’t altered to fit her.
Seems odd.

Yes, her clothes need altering to fit. They don't need to be tight but the fit of her dresses wouldn't pass muster on the Sewing Bee.

henetha Thu 10-Feb-22 10:23:27

Yes, she is looking thinner. Maybe she prefers her dresses too big to hide it a bit.
But, yes, she is amazing for her age, bright and articulate still.

Iam64 Thu 10-Feb-22 09:36:32

The Queen has lost weight but is still remarkable for her age.
I wonder if she’s putting her house in order after the health scare. Andrew, Camilla - clear responsibility as ever from Her Majesty.

merlotgran Thu 10-Feb-22 09:29:02

Showing concern is just showing you care.

I’m glad the Queen now uses a walking stick. I was so afraid she would stumble it was getting to the point where I was almost holding my breath and watching through my fingers. ?

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 10-Feb-22 09:24:50

It isn’t unusual but what I find odd is that her watch strap wasn’t altered so that we wouldn’t see that it sags and that her dress wasn’t altered to fit her.
Seems odd.

Kalu Thu 10-Feb-22 09:18:52

But, she isn’t just someone. I don’t think the OP was being critical simply concerned.

The death of one’s husband must be so hard to bear without the worry of other family member’s questionable behaviour.
I am not a royalist but feel so sorry for this poor lady.

Weight loss and frailty is not unusual in the elderly.

DiscoDancer1975 Thu 10-Feb-22 09:16:18

Yes...but that’s normal as part of the ageing process, and grief of course.

MayBeMaw Thu 10-Feb-22 09:13:23

HettyBetty

I don't thimk so one else's health or otherwise is any of our business. Her close family will know what is going on.

It is not necessarily intrusive to feel concern though.

Anniebach Thu 10-Feb-22 09:00:11

Her husband has died, her son facing allegations, her grandson
stabbed her in the back and about to do so again, knows her eldest son is going to get criticism when she dies, she can no
longer ride her beloved horses, can’t walk around her parks,
no surprise she has lost weight.

HettyBetty Thu 10-Feb-22 08:59:09

*someone

HettyBetty Thu 10-Feb-22 08:58:43

I don't thimk so one else's health or otherwise is any of our business. Her close family will know what is going on.

Urmstongran Thu 10-Feb-22 08:57:50

I think she looks thinner but is at that age muscle bulk that’s gone. My 90y old stepfather looks the same. Her face is relaxed and she has a beautiful smile. I don’t think she’s poorly. In fact I think she looks serene. Maybe worrying about her husband’s I’ll health the last few months of his life took its toll. Now he’s gone she’s not worrying anymore on his behalf.
I do think her dresses look baggy now and that doesn’t help - they just accentuate her altered shape but no matter, she’s happy and probably more comfortable.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 10-Feb-22 08:53:08

No need for concern. Ageing process - she is battling on to 100 don’t forget.

Calendargirl Thu 10-Feb-22 08:42:26

She has certainly shrunk latterly, but so do many older ladies. Also, I bet her appetite is small nowadays, and just doesn’t eat (and drink) much.

FannyCornforth Thu 10-Feb-22 08:36:35

The other lady is Angela Wood, who helped to invent Coronation Chicken when she was only 19!

lemsip Thu 10-Feb-22 08:36:29

yes, her weightloss was mentioned as a concern on the news when she spent a night in hospital and was told to rest back in Oct 2021.
I am concerned.

Lexisgranny Thu 10-Feb-22 08:32:15

She has certainly lost weight, but that often happens in old age, she is also stooping a little, this last year has certainly taken a toll. However she has not lost that brilliant smile.

sodapop Thu 10-Feb-22 08:27:20

I agree Aldom such family problems must weigh heavily on her without the support of Prince Philip.

Aldom Thu 10-Feb-22 08:21:19

Age is one consideration, but the Queen was widowed not very long ago. She, like many others, puts on a 'brave face', but as so often happens with bereavement, she has lost weight. The Queen has other 'family' worries too. I'm not surprised the poor lady is thinner.

JaneJudge Thu 10-Feb-22 07:38:24

Tillytrotter, the same with my MIL!