Gransnet forums

News & politics

Not just Boris then!

(169 Posts)
Urmstongran Mon 18-Apr-22 13:56:05

So ... Nicola Sturgeon was reported to Police Scotland on Sunday for breaking her own mask laws, a breach that could result in a £60 fine, reduced to £30 if paid within 28 days.

Only hours before Saturday's visit to the barber shop in East Kilbride, the SNP issued a press release in which she urged Scots to vote for her party on May 5 "if you are as outraged as I am about the Prime Minister's contempt for the law."

Oh dear.
While she too be asked to resign?

I don’t envy the heckling Ian Blackford from Skye will be subjected to when he stands up n the HoC.

StoneofDestiny Tue 19-Apr-22 20:17:03

Just watched the odious liar Johnson addressing Parliament. That face he pulls when he bows his head and shakes it from side to side ........the same face he pulls for every time he is brought to book.

Utterly reprehensible he is using the war in Ukraine to deflect his law breaking and lying. He has surrounded himself by lickspittlers and rogues.

StoneofDestiny Tue 19-Apr-22 20:14:04

Casdon

I'm Scottish - and I agree.

StoneofDestiny Tue 19-Apr-22 20:12:06

I loved the 'most dangerous woman in Britain' headline. As someone commented, they can't have met many Scottish women

My thoughts exactly

StoneofDestiny Tue 19-Apr-22 20:10:57

Ach, just look here. Its quicker

Rather not - it's from the Tory Scottish Mail.

Dinahmo Tue 19-Apr-22 19:04:17

Oh dear. I've walked into the vet on many occasions without my mask on and the nurse behind the desk has called to me about it. Both I and my OH have gone into the pharmacy only to realise that we've forgotten them. I found it easy enough to do when I'm thinking about something else. Doesn't happen in the supermarket and we're both still wearing our masks even though they're no longer required.

Petera Tue 19-Apr-22 18:40:16

Nannashirlz

Peterra it doesn’t matter who did what or one did more than other. They both made the rules and both broke rules end of …..

From Starmer's reply:

The more people debase themselves, parroting his absurd defences, the more the public will believe all politicians are the same.

All as bad as each other.

And that suits this Prime Minister just fine.

yogitree Tue 19-Apr-22 18:09:15

Casdon

I’m Welsh TopsyIrene06, and not involved in Scottish politics at all. This particular post is an attempt to defect from the UK government, to make out that Nicola Sturgeon accidentally forgetting her mask for a few seconds as she walked in from the street to a barbers is the same as the Partygate saga.

My take on it is that a particular few staunch Tory supporters dislike Nicola Sturgeon for being a strong woman who doesn’t take fools, and stands up for what she believes in. Underpinning it the is perception that England rules the UK, and the other nations should not be allowed to govern themselves. What grates on them most is that the national leaders are seen by a majority in the countries they lead as more effective than Boris. So, you regularly see transparent attempts to goad Scottish Gransnetters in particular, by people who don’t live in Scotland, or really have the knowledge to argue the detail. It’s much better when people who live there and are directly involved have an informed debate, because when they don’t agree they do at least know what they’re talking about.

I’m Scottish and agree. You’ve articulated this very well!

DaisyAnne Tue 19-Apr-22 18:08:03

I'm watching too.

DaisyAnne Tue 19-Apr-22 18:07:34

Dinahmo

Is there anyone on here who can put their hand on their heart and honestly say that they never forgot to wear a mask when it was a legal requirement?

I can.

Daisydaisydaisy Tue 19-Apr-22 18:01:02

As far as I am aware it was briefly...she is human too so no big deal imo

MaizieD Tue 19-Apr-22 17:59:47

Dinahmo

Is there anyone on here who can put their hand on their heart and honestly say that they never forgot to wear a mask when it was a legal requirement?

I can.

Dinahmo Tue 19-Apr-22 17:50:19

volver Tue 19-Apr-22 17:38:33

So many creative ways of calling someone a liar without actually calling him a liar.

GillT57 Tue 19-Apr-22 17:30:37

Urmstongran

I’m watching.

And probably falling for the act grin

Whitewavemark2 Tue 19-Apr-22 17:29:51

I’m watching.

Urmstongran Tue 19-Apr-22 17:26:51

I’m watching.

volver Tue 19-Apr-22 17:26:28

Am I the only one who is watching this lying git on TV? He is despicable.

I can't believe anyone falls for this act.

DaisyAnne Tue 19-Apr-22 17:20:29

repeatedly lying repeatedly lying to parliament

DaisyAnne Tue 19-Apr-22 17:13:24

Nannashirlz

Peterra it doesn’t matter who did what or one did more than other. They both made the rules and both broke rules end of …..

I will keep saying it. What don't you get about the difference between one person not putting a mask on for a couple of seconds, realising her mistake and putting it on and also apologising.

and

a person going to several illegal (at the time) gatherings, repeatedly lying about the very existence of these gatherings, being found guilty of having been there and fined. He has also blamed others for his actions and been prepared to sack someone who wasn't actually at the gatherings.

Mine Tue 19-Apr-22 16:59:11

Sorry NANNASHIRLZ totally disagree with you...To forget a mask for 2 mins is an oversize...What BoJo and his cronies did was preplanned and it wasn't just forgetting their masks....and I'm sure we don't even know the half of it...

Petera Tue 19-Apr-22 16:54:07

Nannashirlz

Ah 'end of'. How can we argue against that?

Nannashirlz Tue 19-Apr-22 16:49:37

Mine Tue 19-Apr-22 16:45:42

I was of the opinion this feed was bout FM forgetting for all of 2 mins to put her mask on not putting her on trial for everything some people can dredge up about her....Couldn't possibly compare her to Bojo and his antics during lockdown Please stop tearing her apart..

Petera Tue 19-Apr-22 16:41:35

volver

Ach, just look here. Its quicker.

www.google.com/search?q=mail+scotland+sturgeon+front+pages&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiRq8LMuaD3AhXlnVwKHRQ4DRsQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA&biw=1920&bih=929&dpr=1#imgrc=rWRgtZAFFc9JGM

I loved the 'most dangerous woman in Britain' headline. As someone commented, they can't have met many Scottish women.

Petera Tue 19-Apr-22 16:39:44

Nannashirlz

Yes hetty58 if it was her first time I’d agree with you but it’s not her first time is it. You can’t have one rule for one in charge to an other. They all as bad has each other. It’s not one rule for them and one rule for us. Like it’s not one rule for Boris and different rules for Nicola. Suppose to lead by example are they not none of them deserve to be in charge because no one of them have earned my vote and I mean labour can’t tell you what a woman is. So I will be voting for no one.

They may or may not be bad, but they're really not as bad as each other. Really.