Gransnet forums

News & politics

Liz Truss: The first favourability ratings.

(53 Posts)
DaisyAnne Tue 13-Sep-22 20:05:29

You can see the polling here. The question was "to what extent, if at all, do you have a favourable or unfavourable opinion of Liz Truss"

Just looking along the "National" line the highest score is 31% for Very Unfavourable. There are some interesting breakdowns in the rest of the poll.

Riverwalk Thu 29-Sep-22 10:34:18

I'm not interested in her voice or body language, more in what she has to say.

More spouting of meaningless soundbites this morning about those who "go to work and do the right thing", does she not get sick of saying this!

I could be in a parallel universe but I swear she said that her actions had "enabled infrastructure projects and road building", reminded of when Bozo talked about the Northern Powerhouse railway line confused

Daddima Thu 29-Sep-22 10:23:32

Philippa111

I used to seriously dislike BJ but now I would welcome him back! That's how much I dislike Ms Truss. What a horrendous voice to have to listen to and her body language is so unpleasant to watch... so I don't.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but I wonder if this was the plan all along? She was consistently behind Sunak and Mordaunt in the MPs’ votes, and I just assumed that Sunak’s ethnicity was what did for him with the party faithful. Now I’m wondering if the plan is for the electorate to think Johnson would be a better bet, and forget about his misdemeanours, paving the way for him and Sunak to return to ‘save us’.
Whatever, it’s all good news for independence.

maddyone Thu 29-Sep-22 10:10:02

I wasn’t impressed before she was Prime Minister, now I’m unable to describe my feelings. Suffice it to say, they’re extremely negative.

Casdon Thu 29-Sep-22 10:05:46

There are millions feeling like you icanhandthemback. I’ve just been listening to her on local radio, and it’s really terrifying to hear how completely out of touch she is.

icanhandthemback Thu 29-Sep-22 09:57:01

Well, I reserved judgement but my opinion has been firmly set in stone. I think she's wonderful! grin
No, seriously I think she's the final nail in the coffin for my vote. I actually found myself listening to Keir Starmer with interest yesterday and thinking for the first time in my life, I might actually consider voting labour.
I can't imagine why anybody thought that this budget would help anybody but the rich and I find it horrifying that we are in this situation. I've gone beyond Bring Back Boris and am now at Bring Down the Tories.

Witzend Wed 28-Sep-22 20:26:37

Zoejory

There was never going to be a new leader bounce with Liz.

If they win an election with her at the helm I shall eat my hat.

Me too. I’ll give her 6 months max. She’s a disaster.

Petera Wed 28-Sep-22 20:23:09

MaizieD

I was wondering; if it hadn't been for the Queen dying, would all this have happened a couple of weeks ago?
Just think, she could have crashed the economy barely a week into office grin

Absolutely, as someone else, in slightly bad taste, said "The Queen's last selfless service to the country was to die and buy us another two weeks"

MaizieD Wed 28-Sep-22 20:20:43

I was wondering; if it hadn't been for the Queen dying, would all this have happened a couple of weeks ago?
Just think, she could have crashed the economy barely a week into office grin

Petera Wed 28-Sep-22 19:58:19

Prentice

icanhandthemback

I don't think we have had a chance to see yet. The moment she took office, we started a period of mourning for the Queen. My hopes aren't high but I'd like to give her a chance before I throw my lot in with unfavourable!

This is also what I think.
It is too early days as yet to decide.

It's two weeks later - has she had a chance now?

Grantanow Sat 24-Sep-22 10:25:19

Favourability? Don't make me laugh.

Zink1 Fri 23-Sep-22 09:45:12

Is Liz Truss the Jeremy Corbyn of the Tory party? For some reason he appeared unlikeable. Judging by the comments does Ms Truss appear unlikeable?

Philippa111 Sun 18-Sep-22 10:58:14

I used to seriously dislike BJ but now I would welcome him back! That's how much I dislike Ms Truss. What a horrendous voice to have to listen to and her body language is so unpleasant to watch... so I don't.

nanna8 Sun 18-Sep-22 10:49:49

She must have done something awful to earn these comments. It seems no one likes her at all.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 18-Sep-22 10:36:25

?

Whitewavemark2 Sun 18-Sep-22 10:33:29

Companies being declared insolvent in the U.K. jumps by 43%

Glorianny Sun 18-Sep-22 10:30:21

Oh dear what can I add? That the woman is also trying to channel Thatcher?
Funny how banker's bonuses are helpful to the economy, but post office workers, train drivers and NHS workers getting paid more causes inflation, isn't it?

Whitewavemark2 Sun 18-Sep-22 10:28:54

I read that Truss is panicking about the £. So she should, but unfortunately she will have no answers.

The pressure in Sterling started at the time of Brexit, and with each economic gaff by the Tories has fallen ever downwards

Whitewavemark2 Sun 18-Sep-22 10:24:04

I see that Biden has cancelled a meeting with Truss, and the FBI are investigating her chief of staff.

Barmeyoldbat Sat 17-Sep-22 15:01:38

And with tidy hair

Grantanow Sat 17-Sep-22 12:56:12

Johnson in skirts without the charm. Yuck.

Babs758 Sat 17-Sep-22 09:28:24

I’m waiting to see what she does with human rights and working regulations. And her complete turn round re the EU was not impressive either. Seems to show a complete lack of empathy with those struggling financially.

Normandygirl Sat 17-Sep-22 09:27:52

Wyllow3

Taking off the cap on top bankers pay?

With a country full of food banks, NHS and Care Services on their knees, basic benefit £77 a week, people at home shivering - disgusted me.

Apparently, it will have that famous " trickle down" effect. That elusive benefit that has never ever manifested itself in times before. confused

Wyllow3 Sat 17-Sep-22 09:19:23

Taking off the cap on top bankers pay?

With a country full of food banks, NHS and Care Services on their knees, basic benefit £77 a week, people at home shivering - disgusted me.

Yammy Sat 17-Sep-22 09:18:37

I think she has an unfortunate face and demeanour she looks sharp and hard.
She has yet to do anything except slip in the "Fracking", and has had an unfortunate for the Queen but lucky honeymoon period for herself. I'll judge when Parliament is working properly.

Wyllow3 Sat 17-Sep-22 09:16:33

Removing the cap on leading bankers pay? What world does this woman live in, with people going to food banks and managing on max £77 a week state benefit? With millions facing a winter not able to pay energy bills, and the HNS and Care sectors on their knees?