Gransnet forums

News & politics

Liz Truss: The first favourability ratings.

(52 Posts)
DaisyAnne Tue 13-Sep-22 20:05:29

You can see the polling here. The question was "to what extent, if at all, do you have a favourable or unfavourable opinion of Liz Truss"

Just looking along the "National" line the highest score is 31% for Very Unfavourable. There are some interesting breakdowns in the rest of the poll.

Barmeyoldbat Wed 14-Sep-22 15:52:00

Liz is in the honeymoon period and anything is better than what we had but it won’t last.

Zoejory Wed 14-Sep-22 15:53:52

I'm aghast at how awful she is.

I'm still amazed at how gleeful she was telling us about being in Beijing in December, discussing pork markets

icanhandthemback Wed 14-Sep-22 15:56:12

I don't think we have had a chance to see yet. The moment she took office, we started a period of mourning for the Queen. My hopes aren't high but I'd like to give her a chance before I throw my lot in with unfavourable!

Dinahmo Wed 14-Sep-22 16:24:25

Truss was appointed under Secretary of State for Education in 2012. Following a cabinet re-shuffle in 2014 when she was appointed Secretary of State for Environment she has held a position in the Cabinet.

After 10 years in govt we should by now know enough about her to not need to give her a chance.

MaizieD Wed 14-Sep-22 17:00:28

After 10 years in govt we should by now know enough about her to not need to give her a chance.

A thought I've expressed recently, too grin

But hey, she's never been a PM, so l'm sure she'll undergo a complete personality and character transformation...

Prentice Wed 14-Sep-22 17:14:29

icanhandthemback

I don't think we have had a chance to see yet. The moment she took office, we started a period of mourning for the Queen. My hopes aren't high but I'd like to give her a chance before I throw my lot in with unfavourable!

This is also what I think.
It is too early days as yet to decide.

DaisyAnne Wed 14-Sep-22 17:26:55

She is on a honeymoon period and should have had a bounce in popularity because of it but these figures are pretty dire BoB.

I'm not sure the "anything better" bit isn't already over.

DaisyAnne Wed 14-Sep-22 17:30:07

She's just put through a bill for the most money this country has ever spent without giving the opposition parties a prior view, without a proper question session and without a vote. I don't need to give her any more chances.

Mine Wed 14-Sep-22 17:32:26

Don't think I can form any kind of opinion on Liz Truss yet..I'm always willing to give people a chance..Time will tell I suppose...

lemsip Wed 14-Sep-22 18:30:09

she really shouldn't have been chewing while at the service in westminster hall. however discreetly you try and do it the camera always spots it.

MissAdventure Wed 14-Sep-22 18:35:36

I can't take to her at all.

Chardy Wed 14-Sep-22 18:39:36

She snuck in a pro-fracking agenda last week
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62820639

Barmeyoldbat Wed 14-Sep-22 18:55:59

Yes Chardy very sneaky doing while everyone’s attention else where but doesn’t she have to put it to the vote before they start fracking

Smudgie Wed 14-Sep-22 19:21:57

I decided I didn't like her, based on the hustings and her not very good reputation in some of the departments she ran. I thought I would give her the benefit of the doubt, she performed (albeit it a bit wooden) better at her first PMQ's than I imagined. She has blown it for me; the huge debt she is saddling us with because she won't tax the energy companies (she was a Shell executive), interfering with pollution monitoring, fracking, diluting the powers of ECHR, stopping the anti obesity measures to name a few. What made my mind up was the unguarded look that she gave Nicola Sturgeon when she was reading a eulogy from the pulpit. It was a look of pure venom and jealousy and in that moment her mask had slipped. I don't like her, I think she will be gone before a year is up.

Barmeyoldbat Wed 14-Sep-22 19:57:16

Smudge the look was because since said to Nicola when they were talking about the magazine Vanity Fair, it’s seems Liz said I would love to appear on the cover and Nicola said oh, I have been on the cover twice. Think it’s jealousy. Don’t know how true it is.

Grantanow Fri 16-Sep-22 17:40:30

And I worry that she is hot foot from supporting the worst Prime Minister in my long lifetime.

Smudgie Fri 16-Sep-22 18:39:49

Yes, I remember now that there was a bit of a spat about Nicola being on the cover of Vanity Fair ! Thing is, who gives a toss if they are on it or not and secondly what does it say about Liz Truss's suitability to be our PM if not being on the cover upsets her to that extent!!! Is she a closet narcissist like her predecessor?

varian Fri 16-Sep-22 18:46:37

Truss accused Nicola Sturgeon of being "an attention seeker"

Takes one to know one./

Truss seems obsessed with self-promotion.

Blinko Fri 16-Sep-22 18:54:03

For the life of me, I cannot see why/how she became the puck of the bunch for the PM post. Really??

Blinko Fri 16-Sep-22 18:54:19

Pick, not puck…

MissAdventure Fri 16-Sep-22 18:58:29

She seems almost robotic, to me.

She looks emotionless.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 16-Sep-22 19:22:24

The polls are showing Labour still with a hefty lead.

The new leader bounce does not seem to have happened.

DaisyAnne Fri 16-Sep-22 19:29:15

Blinko

Pick, not puck…

Puck, in medieval English folklore, a malicious fairy or demon. In Old and Middle English the word meant simply “demon.”

You may have been right in the first place Blinko.

Zoejory Fri 16-Sep-22 19:30:35

There was never going to be a new leader bounce with Liz.

If they win an election with her at the helm I shall eat my hat.