Gransnet forums

News & politics

Holly and Phil- do we care?

(83 Posts)
vegansrock Fri 23-Sep-22 07:55:58

Seems like Holly and Phil are at the centre of unpleasant Twitter storm. This is after — They posted selfies with Boris Johnson
-Made the cost of living crisis up into a trivial game show
- Went to the Queen’s lying in state without queuing ( apparently they are “journalists”)
I’m no fan and never watch morning TV, but do we really care about these people? Are they just airheads?

Callistemon21 Sat 24-Sep-22 10:46:27

FannyCornforth

I forgot that one Doodledog grin

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got far more important and high minded things that I must be getting on with…

I was going to make a cake but reading Gransnet instead does save on calories!

Maggiemaybe Sat 24-Sep-22 08:53:18

NanaAng14

I think it's quite funny to say " I m not interested, I don't watch them " .
So why bother posting ??

They’re answering the question in the title - do we care?. It’d be a bit odd if only those answering yes were allowed to post.

silverlining48 Sat 24-Sep-22 08:51:48

Maybe to let people know that not everyone watches or are bothered by a couple of tv presenters. Otherwise if the only people who post are interested then it might be thought that we are ALL interested ( when some couldn’t give a tinkers cuss). grin

timetogo2016 Sat 24-Sep-22 08:48:06

I totaly agree with you MaizieD.

NanaAng14 Sat 24-Sep-22 08:41:00

I think it's quite funny to say " I m not interested, I don't watch them " .
So why bother posting ??

FannyCornforth Sat 24-Sep-22 02:10:42

I forgot that one Doodledog grin

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got far more important and high minded things that I must be getting on with…

Doodledog Sat 24-Sep-22 00:48:23

FannyCornforth

HurdyGurdy don’t forget that no one knowswho Phil and Holly are are; let alone cares who Phil and Holly are; indeed never watches daytime tv, and actually, never watches itv altogether.
And they don’t read The Daily Mail either.

No, I've noticed that. Nobody fritters away spare time by chatting online either, do they? We're all very industrious on here.

Oh. wink

Serendipity22 Fri 23-Sep-22 20:48:52

Thank you for filling me in on Eammon and Ruth .....

Flippin heck what a fickle world they all live in !!!!!

kircubbin2000 Fri 23-Sep-22 19:50:51

Keep up everyone, this is old news.

FannyCornforth Fri 23-Sep-22 18:51:12

HurdyGurdy don’t forget that no one knowswho Phil and Holly are are; let alone cares who Phil and Holly are; indeed never watches daytime tv, and actually, never watches itv altogether.
And they don’t read The Daily Mail either.

HurdyGurdy Fri 23-Sep-22 18:30:29

Well, you say that LizzieDrip, but you care enough to come onto the thread, read it, and comment on it wink

LizzieDrip Fri 23-Sep-22 18:02:51

Do we care - no!

Doodledog Fri 23-Sep-22 17:57:06

Silvergirl

JaneJudge mentions RL. Who is RL?

Ruth Langford (Mrs Eamon Holmes).

It sounds dodgy, I agree; but the police and SS are not going to care about getting access to titbits from others represented by an agency. If he had groomed or assaulted a minor they would have investigated. I also think that if MM had been a girl there would have been no story.

HurdyGurdy Fri 23-Sep-22 17:55:11

JaneJudge said "The only bit of gossip I know is that RL had raised concerns that he was infatuated with a very young male runner on the program"

and now FannyCornforth has said "It’s all about the agency, and everyone protecting each other, or not, in the case of RL"

Who or what is RL? Twice it's been mentioned, and I need to know grin grin

Shinamae Fri 23-Sep-22 17:54:42

FannyCornforth

Doodledog PS knew MM prior to him working at TM, through a youth theatre I think

I have no clue what those initials mean Fanny..?

FannyCornforth Fri 23-Sep-22 17:50:22

Kircubbin you are right.
It’s all about the agency, and everyone protecting each other, or not, in the case of RL
It stinks, it really does

FannyCornforth Fri 23-Sep-22 17:47:52

FannyCornforth

Doodledog PS knew MM prior to him working at TM, through a youth theatre I think

And I’m not going to get all pearl clutchy about age difference, having got together with DH when I was early 20s and he was 26 years my senior
Schofield is a sleaze bag and he’s been on borrowed time for a while.
He should have known when to go

Silvergirl Fri 23-Sep-22 17:29:13

Well said snowberryZ.

snowberryZ Fri 23-Sep-22 17:07:09

David Beckham queued for hours. Fair play to him

snowberryZ Fri 23-Sep-22 17:05:41

They're just jumped up children's TV presenters who got lucky. Hardly reporters.
And all this 'poor ole me I'm gay' and coming out on TV. No one cares. You're not doing anything brave or unusual.
And it's cringe for his family.
Bring back Richard znd Judy I say. Or Ruth and Eammon or Alison and Rylan
Anything but this inspid smug pair.

Fleurpepper Fri 23-Sep-22 16:43:18

Don't watch TV during the day, and really don't care.

Zoejory Fri 23-Sep-22 16:43:06

sodapop

I dislike the witch hunt and on line abuse of Willoughby and Schofield. However I do think it's a symptom of the public getting tired of this entitled pair. The programme they present is well past its sell by date now, time for a change.

Totally agree with this.

Silvergirl Fri 23-Sep-22 16:37:13

JaneJudge mentions RL. Who is RL?

kircubbin2000 Fri 23-Sep-22 16:24:28

Doodledog

Now I do disapprove of that being made public. How sexuality has nothing to do with anyone else, and nor does his private life. I see that as very different from comments about his behaviour towards the public, who are, ultimately, his viewers and bread and butter.

They say he had groomed the boy from a young age. Dan Wooton was going to out him but now I think there is an injunction against talking about it.
Also if the papers criticise Phil they will not be given access to clients of his agency like Ant and Dec.

Callistemon21 Fri 23-Sep-22 14:38:55

And this is what happens when you have a week off work, with nothing to do - I ended up getting sucked into the increasingly hysterical posts on Twitter, Facebook, Mumsnet and TikTok. I feel I know far more than is healthy about this non-story

HurdyGurdy ?

But thank you anyway.
I know now what the non-story was about - a story which I had no idea about until I saw this thread on Gransnet! ?

I agree with other posters that the car advert is very annoying but I quite liked Philip when he was a children's entertainer. Not watched him since really.