Gransnet forums

News & politics

Harry and Meghan- Netflix Trailer.

(504 Posts)
Calendargirl Thu 01-Dec-22 15:34:43

Just been released.

Lots of black and white footage.

Kisses, laughter, tears.

We don’t have Netflix, so shan’t be watching it.

25Avalon Fri 02-Dec-22 11:34:57

No wonder they aren’t accepting the invite to Sandringham for Christmas.

eazybee Fri 02-Dec-22 13:20:40

When is this delight to be unleashed?
I don't have Netflix and would not watch it anyway, but impossible to avoid as photographs will be plastered all over the press and media as they are today. I too don't wish to comment until the whole thing has been broadcast, but the release of the trailer at this date is clearly intentional.
All told, seems pretty tawdry.

Chestnut Fri 02-Dec-22 14:41:44

I'm hoping this will backfire spectacularly on them, especially in the USA where they are popular amongst foolish young people who fall for the nonsense they spout. But even the Americans are getting fed up with the way they are constantly whinging and trashing the RF and this may be the last straw.

Calendargirl Fri 02-Dec-22 14:50:32

When is this delight to be unleashed?

I have read Thursday, December 8th is release date, don’t know if that’s just USA or everywhere.

NotTooOld Fri 02-Dec-22 16:44:25

GagaJo

Calendargirl

Perhaps the release of the trailer was designed to coincide with the Wales’ US trip, but even Meghan wouldn’t have planned it to come out the day after the Lady Susan Hussey debacle!

An absolute gift to Netflix!

Maybe she was a plant?

Yes. My thought exactly, GagaJo.

NotTooOld Fri 02-Dec-22 16:47:04

NotSpaghetti

I hope they got paid for product placement! grin

You can bet your life they did!

ilovepuffins Fri 02-Dec-22 16:52:03

You are so right Chestnut

nadateturbe Fri 02-Dec-22 16:57:42

Katie59

nadateturbe

I've watched the trailer. I'm not a royalist but I must say I find it really strange that H and M would make this documentary. I will watch it.

Might be 80 million reasons

Yes! Took me a while to get that.

MerylStreep Fri 02-Dec-22 17:00:14

Meghan can turn the tap on any time she wants.
Here is the proof.

www.google.co.uk/search?q=Meghan+Markel+shows+how+to+cry+at+will&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:6d1c3e4b,vid:OXYn6pDbffg

Joseanne Fri 02-Dec-22 17:16:06

I'm in Austria and notice today that the reporting of it, in usually punctilious German newspapers, has a rather bemused tone!

V3ra Fri 02-Dec-22 17:37:21

snowberryZ

youtu.be/t1WJTwy8I7c

Thank you for the link snowberryZ

Can someone enlighten me as to the meaning of Meghan's comment at the end, "When the stakes are this high..."
What is at stake here?

MerylStreep Fri 02-Dec-22 17:44:47

V3ra
What’s does she mean: nothing. It’s just her throwing something in to make you think that there is something at stake.
She throws this meaningless rubbish around all the time.

Calendargirl Fri 02-Dec-22 17:47:39

When the stakes are this high..

What is at stake here?

I assume she means their reputations, their mental health, their ‘truth’, their personal security, their future outside the RF…..

Who knows?

Callistemon21 Fri 02-Dec-22 17:56:37

What is this Netflix film M&H have supposedly made please?

Chestnut Fri 02-Dec-22 18:02:03

It's the usual claptrap about how badly the RF have treated them. They have actually made a film about it, because the Oprah interview and all her whinging so far is just not enough to get their point across.

Allsorts Fri 02-Dec-22 18:09:25

The Potters Wheel was very relaxing,
I don’t have Netflix as I don’t like where they waste peoples money for a start. Do hope that this latest film of M and H will give them the privacy they wanted so much. How surprising that the photographer is there when they have those care free loving moments, the kitchen worktop for example, the poignant and solitary Meghan looking as if she’s just seen a rabbit in a headlight. Amazing.o

Callistemon21 Fri 02-Dec-22 18:13:55

How surprising that the photographer is there when they have those care free loving moments, the kitchen worktop for example

What? 😲

paddyann54 Fri 02-Dec-22 18:14:06

Me bad,me really bad,I hope it is a hatchet job ,might open eyes here if it is.They are entitled to tell their side of their story ,even Andrew got to do that !
I'm not a monarchist so if its really awful I'll be laughing my head off and thanking them

Time is long past for royalty ,its a medieval concept not fit for a modern world .Divine right? I dont buy that!

Callistemon21 Fri 02-Dec-22 18:16:15

The problem is that Royal aides can't really tell their side of the story.
And there are always two sides to a story.

Some hardworking, kind, lovely people have been bullied and left distraught.

happycatholicwife1 Fri 02-Dec-22 19:40:31

Did someone mention Chestnut Man? That was a really creepy, but very good series. I didn't think I would like it, but I did. As for Megan and Harry, I think they've already said everything they have to say several different ways. I remember how excited people in England were to have her join the family. I remember thinking that this was going to turn out exactly the way it turned out the last time a royal married a divorced American. I've just never seen what the big deal is about Megan. As someone pointed out on TV here today, she's all about the environment, but she only ever flies private airplanes. I think she's just a spoiled gold digger. I feel sort of sorry for Harry.

volver Fri 02-Dec-22 19:42:14

Not in Scotland then? Or Wales?

Callistemon21 Fri 02-Dec-22 19:47:10

I remember how excited people in England were to have her join the family
Oh we were, happycatholicwife!

She is so beautiful, seemed so enthusiastic and we (or I) was so thankful that Harry had met a young woman who wanted to stay with him despite all the publicity being part of the Royal Family would entail.

His brother was married and happy, Harry seemed to have a succession of lovely girlfriends who then decided Royal life wasn't for them. Then came the love of his life.
If they don't want to be working Royals, that's fine, if they don't want any publicity that is fine too.

volver Fri 02-Dec-22 19:48:15

Oh, have you moved then Call?

Callistemon21 Fri 02-Dec-22 19:49:36

volver

Not in Scotland then? Or Wales?

Yes, Wales too
Can't speak for Scotland or N Ireland.

It's a common mistake, I'm used to it.
"Where are you from, England?"
"No, Wales"
"But Wales is in England, isn't it?"

Callistemon21 Fri 02-Dec-22 19:50:10