Gransnet forums

News & politics

The King evicts Harry and his wife from Frogmore!

(442 Posts)
lemsip Wed 01-Mar-23 11:52:10

The King has reportedly evicted Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from Frogmore Cottage, their residence in Windsor. Buckingham Palace let the Duke and www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1740755/royal-family-meghan-markle-prince-harry-frogmore-cottage-king-charles of Susses know about the plan to take away the property from them just days after Harry's tell-all memoir, Spare, was published worldwide, it has been claimed.

eazybee Tue 07-Mar-23 13:24:03

I don't think Meghan will be leaving any time soon, but she is certainly dissociating herself from the book and his recent health issues.
It did occur to me that if the marriage should collapse it would be the absolute end for him, so I hope she realises what she has unleashed.

Jaberwok Tue 07-Mar-23 14:12:22

I absolutely agree Calendergirl, and others. Meghan could well be planning, maybe in the future, to use Harry's unstable mental health as a reason for marriage breakdown. It would be the perfect regrettable reason . For his sake I hope not,as it would completely flatten him, and God knows how the RF would be able to help or handle him.

maddyone Tue 07-Mar-23 15:16:54

Chestnut

Things have been going rather pear-shaped for them since South Park. But there is much discussion going on about Harry's recent admission of drug taking.

1/ He is advocating self-medication with illegal drugs as being helpful for mental health problems. This will give all the wrong messages to young people.

2/ By this admission he will probably be unable to leave the USA because he will not be allowed back in.

So this has really created problems and all I can say is watch this space.

That’s an interesting thought Chestnut, although I tend to think that because he is a royal prince, the USA will just allow him to flout the rules and come and go as he wants to. It’s unfair, because any of us who publicly admitted taking illegal drugs wouldn’t be allowed free travel in and out of the USA but he’s royal, so I think they’ll ignore it.
I wish they wouldn’t though.

Chestnut Tue 07-Mar-23 16:38:55

I'm not so sure he will be allowed to flout the rules maddyone because he is so high profile it will be setting a precedent. Check out this article (scroll down):
Prince Harry risks having his visa revoked for admitting using drugs

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 07-Mar-23 17:12:18

I think Meghan has got as much as she’s going to get out of her marriage to Harry. The fairytale wedding, the title, two children, higher profile and money (in addition to her own). I have never believed that this was a love match on her part, more that he was a trophy. Cynical, moi?

Anniebach Tue 07-Mar-23 17:33:52

My doubts began when she said in an interview about their first
date which was allegedly a blind date, ‘I didn’t know anything about him, all I asked was is he nice’ . Then the walk alone down the aisle at their wedding.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 07-Mar-23 17:52:50

She can’t possibly have been unaware of who he was and she would have googled him, surely? Is he nice? More like what does he have to offer?

Chestnut Tue 07-Mar-23 17:54:53

It's been proven she knew a lot more about the RF than she makes out. I remember pictures of her outside Buckingham Palace as a teenager and her friend/relative saying how much she loved the RF so I'm sure she knew all about Harry.

Chestnut Tue 07-Mar-23 17:59:54

Chestnut

I'm not so sure he will be allowed to flout the rules maddyone because he is so high profile it will be setting a precedent. Check out this article (scroll down):

So what I'm saying is will he come to the Coronation or will he either:
1/ use this as an excuse not to come or
2/ realise he has shot himself in the foot and can't leave the USA after his admission.
If 2 then does this mean he can't travel abroad for anything ever again in the future?
Interesting times. Watch this space........

Glorianny Tue 07-Mar-23 18:20:02

Chestnut

OMG it's Piers Morgan saying it so it must be true!!!!

Glorianny Tue 07-Mar-23 18:24:18

Chestnut

Cannabis is legal in California. And there is a bill to legalise psychedelic drugs www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-12-19/magic-mushrooms-and-ayahuasca-would-be-decriminalized-in-california-under-new-bill
Shows what Piers Morgan knows!

maddyone Tue 07-Mar-23 19:07:16

You may very well be right Chestnut, I suppose we’ll have to wait and see.
I also know that Meghan knew exactly who the royal family were long before she metHarry. I’ve also seen the picture of her posing outside Buckingham Palace and so clearly she knew about the royal family.

Calendargirl Tue 07-Mar-23 19:21:10

Germanshepherdsmum

She can’t possibly have been unaware of who he was and she would have googled him, surely? Is he nice? More like what does he have to offer?

In ‘Spare’, the so-called blind date is revealed as a bit off the truth.

H&M had conversed via Instagram (or similar) beforehand, so the first meet up wasn’t quite how it was eventually portrayed.

Of course she knew who she was meeting, all worked out in advance.

Joseanne Tue 07-Mar-23 19:31:14

There was also a bit in the Netflix docu series where Meghan said she announced in a whisper down the phone to her mum that she was dating Prince Harry. Doria whispered back "no way" and they started talking excitedly about him. Now how come mummy knew exactly who Prince Harry was and yet Meghan said she initially knew nothing about him?

Callistemon21 Tue 07-Mar-23 19:53:25

Chestnut

Chestnut

So what I'm saying is will he come to the Coronation or will he either:
1/ use this as an excuse not to come or
2/ realise he has shot himself in the foot and can't leave the USA after his admission.
If 2 then does this mean he can't travel abroad for anything ever again in the future?
Interesting times. Watch this space........

Or will he be deported?

A British tourist claims she was held by US immigration officials for 24 hours then deported and banned from entering the country over a two-year-old text about cocaine found on her phone.

Chestnut Tue 07-Mar-23 23:56:51

Glorianny

Chestnut

Cannabis is legal in California. And there is a bill to legalise psychedelic drugs www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-12-19/magic-mushrooms-and-ayahuasca-would-be-decriminalized-in-california-under-new-bill
Shows what Piers Morgan knows!

Well maybe just wait and see what happens.

What astonishes me is how utterly stupid he is to publicly boast about his drug taking. He is in the USA so surely in a rather precarious position. If they decide to remove him or stop him re-entering the country legally then they will.