Gransnet forums

News & politics

H&M Again- Change Of Schools.

(287 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 15-Sept-26 07:01:33

So H&M have changed the childrens school, after only a few days there.

Suddenly, the school run has become a huge security risk.

Did they not give any thought to this before enrolling them there? Practice runs at either end of the day, to assess the risks? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Hardly the best start for two little children, moving continents, homes and schools in a matter of days.

Yet another reason for the ā€˜security’ issue to raise its head.

The manipulations are pretty obvious.

Grantanow Tue 15-Sept-26 09:22:30

Boring.

merlotgran Tue 15-Sept-26 09:23:37

nanna8

That’s what I was thinking,too. Is the young girl old enough for school, I thought she was only about 3 ? Time flies.

Children can go to pre-prep school from the age of three.

Smileless2012 Tue 15-Sept-26 09:27:46

But you're on it Ilovecheese.

I would hate for anything to happen to the two children as I'm sure we all would AGA. How many of us would have moved back to a country where we truly believed our children would be at risk?

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:44:45

MarieElla

He came back to try and force the security issue.
To cause problems for his extended family.
To try and become significant by being in his hone country.

It is looking like the case.

And even worse, more material for a book? Interviews?

Aveline Tue 15-Sept-26 09:44:55

Poor children. A new country, a new home, a new school and now this. Very poor parenting.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 09:45:59

Smileless2012

But you're on it Ilovecheese.

I would hate for anything to happen to the two children as I'm sure we all would AGA. How many of us would have moved back to a country where we truly believed our children would be at risk?

I think he is becoming increasingly paranoid. Apart from anything else.

I think he is stuck at age 12.
Very sad for him.

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 09:50:14

Who cares?

Why is it any of our business?

NotSpaghetti Tue 15-Sept-26 09:51:54

I suppose they had never seen a school run on uk streets and the congestion it causes.
I expect they hadn't understood the notion of massive traffic jams.

You wouldn't see this until the school actually started back.

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 09:52:01

Grantanow

Boring.

This thread or the constant ā€œneedā€ re H&M? I agree re both grin

Calendargirl Tue 15-Sept-26 09:55:56

Cossy

Who cares?

Why is it any of our business?

If they end up getting tax paid security, then yes, it is my business, as I pay tax.

If Harry is so keen for his children to be educated over here, (why, when California was so wonderful?) he should have researched it all much more before coming back here, seemingly on a whim.

Calendargirl Tue 15-Sept-26 09:57:55

NotSpaghetti

I suppose they had never seen a school run on uk streets and the congestion it causes.
I expect they hadn't understood the notion of massive traffic jams.

You wouldn't see this until the school actually started back.

All the more reason they should have taken advice then, from people who knew.

No doubt they have plenty of access to advisers.

Calendargirl Tue 15-Sept-26 09:59:01

nanna8

That’s what I was thinking,too. Is the young girl old enough for school, I thought she was only about 3 ? Time flies.

She’s 5.

Fairislecable Tue 15-Sept-26 09:59:07

It appears they have been ill advised. The rumours suggest the school is in Oxford, the access to the city has been severely limited due to the ā€˜greening’ and the traffic jams are awful.

Unless you are fit enough to ride a bike or access a bus Oxford has very much become a no go area.

MarieElla Tue 15-Sept-26 10:03:54

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

25Avalon Tue 15-Sept-26 10:06:30

I think they are fantasists. Megan had an unreal view of what it was to be in the Royal Family, they had unreal expectations in America, and now they have an idyllic picture of driving their children to school in Oxford. The rose tinted glasses on other aspects of life in Britain today are also likely to get removed.

Smileless2012 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:07:15

Conveniently ill advised perhaps.

The Sussex's security is under review and two days after starting their new school, the children have been removed due to security concerns hmm.

Yes it is our business Calendargirl if they end up receiving security funded by us.

AGAA4 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:16:57

That's the only interest I have in this family. If they add to the tax burden on the British people then that affects all who pay tax.

fancythat Tue 15-Sept-26 10:18:41

I fear Prince Harry is losing his mind.
If he hasnt already lost it.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:24:13

AGAA4

That's the only interest I have in this family. If they add to the tax burden on the British people then that affects all who pay tax.

We pay £1.97 per person per year for the royal family, worth every penny I think. Definitely when it is security for children in a society with more and more disgruntled people who just might take a chance on attacking them.

Other royals have been attacked attempted kidnapping (Princess Royal)

Source - Google

Cossy Tue 15-Sept-26 10:30:48

MarieElla

He came back to try and force the security issue.
To cause problems for his extended family.
To try and become significant by being in his hone country.

Oh did you interview him or are you a personal friend?

If not, you need to add ā€œin my opinionā€

AGAA4 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:34:23

GG13 the government and police do not disclose how much tax is paid on the royal family.
There is an assessment on the Sussexes security going ahead so adequate security measures for the children will be discussed.
They are not working royals so can't expect the same level of security.

MarieElla Tue 15-Sept-26 10:36:28

Cossy.
I chose my friends wisely.
Harry and Meghan would not qualify to be in my circle.
I thought you didn't care about them and yet, here you are defending the two clowns, in my opinion!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:39:03

AGAA4

GG13 the government and police do not disclose how much tax is paid on the royal family.
There is an assessment on the Sussexes security going ahead so adequate security measures for the children will be discussed.
They are not working royals so can't expect the same level of security.

We know they are not working royals

However, they are still the Kings immediate family, still in the line of succession.

I am not defending Harry’s book, recent behaviour or interviews.

Nothing can alter who his father is, and I think it is rather petty to deny him and his family adequate security now they have relocated back here.

I hope the imminent security assessment comes up with a solution.

I am always amazed at the amount of vitriol directed towards this little family on GN šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

greyfur16 Tue 15-Sept-26 10:42:12

I think a lot of children and families up and down the land are going through a lot worse.

What fools they are really.

MarieElla Tue 15-Sept-26 10:44:36

GrannyGravy13
GN threads on the Gruesome Twosome is much less vitriolic than those on Mumsnet!