Gransnet forums

News & politics

H&M Again- Change Of Schools.

(295 Posts)
Calendargirl Tue 15-Sept-26 07:01:33

So H&M have changed the childrens school, after only a few days there.

Suddenly, the school run has become a huge security risk.

Did they not give any thought to this before enrolling them there? Practice runs at either end of the day, to assess the risks? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Hardly the best start for two little children, moving continents, homes and schools in a matter of days.

Yet another reason for the ā€˜security’ issue to raise its head.

The manipulations are pretty obvious.

MarieElla Wed 16-Sept-26 18:45:11

They are an embarrassment but the RF are handling it well by ignoring them.

Iam64 Wed 16-Sept-26 18:50:21

I realise I’m out of step and don’t often comment on these vicious H and M threads but here I go -
No wonder our country has increasing numbers of depresssed anxious people. The level of high expressed emotion, the scapegoating of H and M is, imo, a phd for someone

GrannyGravy13 Wed 16-Sept-26 18:58:42

Iam64 totally agree šŸ‘

Ilovecheese Wed 16-Sept-26 19:01:02

Iam64

I realise I’m out of step and don’t often comment on these vicious H and M threads but here I go -
No wonder our country has increasing numbers of depresssed anxious people. The level of high expressed emotion, the scapegoating of H and M is, imo, a phd for someone

I was just thinking something similar. There must be a need in the country for people to off load their unpleasant remarks towards and use as a target for their negative emotions.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone writes a paper about it.

missdeke Wed 16-Sept-26 19:13:23

BlessedArt

My sympathy is with the children as well. Imagine people spending nearly every day of their lives online posting negativity about your parents. Complete strangers obsessively bashing them behind anonymous online nicknames, feeding the frenzy by providing unhinged solidarity in doing sick things like leaking their parents numbers. This world is sick and H&M are starting to look much more sane than those obsessed with hating them.

I agree Blessed Art, I just don't understand the vitriol that comes from some people. Meghan bashing started when she was pregnant with Archie and hasn't stopped since. Years of spite and hate from people who don't actually know the family only what they read from other spiteful and hateful people. Perhaps if people had just left them alone they wouldn't feel the need for public funded security. I'm sure that King Charles is more than happy that he will get the chance to begin to know his young grandchildren. Please people just leave them alone and stop the trolling. I'm sure that anybody suffering the online hate that M&H do they would probably feel unsafe. You can have your opinions, but to continually write them down and put it out there forever is so unkind.

Kathmaggie Wed 16-Sept-26 19:14:05

This entitled pair are determined to get their way. They want full tax payer protection and will use their children to get it. They are so transparent.

Cossy Wed 16-Sept-26 19:48:17

GrannyGravy13

Iam64 totally agree šŸ‘

As do I thanks

Cossy Wed 16-Sept-26 20:00:11

I truly believe we all have our own views and opinions about H&M and the entire RF.

None of us on here really know what goes on behind closed doors.

I would suggest both William and Harry are ā€œdamagedā€, in different ways, they are both flawed, like all humans, I would imagine knowing you’re a ā€œspareā€ must be horrendous, especially when you’re in a family of just two.

I don’t really know or understand what makes anyone behave in certain ways, but I do know how awful it is when families are literally torn apart and it happens very publicly for the RF and others who in the spotlight, whether of their own making or simply through birth.

My wish, frankly, is that H&M settle, somehow make things right with the King and that things gradually work themselves out.

Their children appear, from the little I’ve seen of them, pretty normal, happy, carefree children. Young children are incredibly adaptable in most cases, I know this, I lived in 5 different places before I was 7. (In four different countries)

NotSpaghetti Wed 16-Sept-26 20:04:06

I would have thought it would be a relief to be the spare, personally
šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

JenniRen Wed 16-Sept-26 20:41:59

Cossy

I truly believe we all have our own views and opinions about H&M and the entire RF.

None of us on here really know what goes on behind closed doors.

I would suggest both William and Harry are ā€œdamagedā€, in different ways, they are both flawed, like all humans, I would imagine knowing you’re a ā€œspareā€ must be horrendous, especially when you’re in a family of just two.

I don’t really know or understand what makes anyone behave in certain ways, but I do know how awful it is when families are literally torn apart and it happens very publicly for the RF and others who in the spotlight, whether of their own making or simply through birth.

My wish, frankly, is that H&M settle, somehow make things right with the King and that things gradually work themselves out.

Their children appear, from the little I’ve seen of them, pretty normal, happy, carefree children. Young children are incredibly adaptable in most cases, I know this, I lived in 5 different places before I was 7. (In four different countries)

"I would imagine knowing you’re a ā€œspareā€ must be horrendous, especially when you’re in a family of just two".

I would have thought that being The Spare would have been the most enormous relief in this particular case. Who would want to carry that burden and have no choice in one's future?

"Their children appear, from the little I’ve seen of them, pretty normal, happy, carefree children. Young children are incredibly adaptable in most cases, I know this, I lived in 5 different places before I was 7. (In four different countries)"

Yes, I agree, and mentioned something similar on this thread. They are not truculent teenagers. Although children can get upset, missing their friends, they adapt fairly quickly, with love and care.

winterwhite Wed 16-Sept-26 20:55:46

Iam64 I agree that some of the comments on this thread have been unpleasant, but this isn’t unique to criticism of H&M. Think of the threads about Andrew MW, not to mention Angela Rayner.

butterandjam Wed 16-Sept-26 20:56:53

BlessedArt

The mental gymnastics it takes to blame a public figure for someone else leaking their phone number is astounding. Takes real talent hmm. I can’t take anyone serious who is ā€œoutragedā€ by the couple living every day life but dismisses or defends this type of harassment. Posting a social media tribute riles some people up. Leaking a phone number of an often harassed public figure is okay. The attitude is unhinged, and that’s putting it mildly.

Of coure it's Meghans fault. The stupidity of her posting personal messages on a class whatsapp group beggars belief.

Mollygo Wed 16-Sept-26 21:12:38

winterwhite

Iam64 I agree that some of the comments on this thread have been unpleasant, but this isn’t unique to criticism of H&M. Think of the threads about Andrew MW, not to mention Angela Rayner.

Think of the unpleasant remarks on any thread, even about the papers people read.

Cossy Wed 16-Sept-26 21:13:46

winterwhite

Iam64 I agree that some of the comments on this thread have been unpleasant, but this isn’t unique to criticism of H&M. Think of the threads about Andrew MW, not to mention Angela Rayner.

Personally I have zero empathy for Andrew MW. I think he’s an odious man and was horribly ruined (so it seems), by his mother.

I like Angela Rayner and think half the comments about her are simply pure snobbery, (imo)

Yes, I completely understand there must be an element of relief around not being the actual heir, but even the term spare actually makes me cringe!

Cossy Wed 16-Sept-26 21:17:52

ā€œbutterandjam

BlessedArt
The mental gymnastics it takes to blame a public figure for someone else leaking their phone number is astounding. Takes real talent hmm. I can’t take anyone serious who is ā€œoutragedā€ by the couple living every day life but dismisses or defends this type of harassment. Posting a social media tribute riles some people up. Leaking a phone number of an often harassed public figure is okay. The attitude is unhinged, and that’s putting it mildly.
Of coure it's Meghans fault. The stupidity of her posting personal messages on a class whatsapp group beggars belief.ā€œ

Now, here’s the thing, this is an absolute example of damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t.

She is not a working royal, she’s a ā€œordinary, normal citizenā€, she wants to fit in, wants her children to fit in, so she does was most other parents have done and adds herself, by invitation to the class WhatsApp group.

If she’d declined, it would be ā€œwho does she think she isā€

knspol Wed 16-Sept-26 21:37:34

A ploy to influence the people currently assessing whether he should be entitled to govt. funded security.
Difficult to believe his present security team didn't foresee this problem. I read they did a dummy run but they did this during the school holidays.

butterandjam Wed 16-Sept-26 22:43:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rosie51 Thu 17-Sept-26 00:12:12

I'm absolutely no fan of Meghan Markle but even I think blaming her for joining the class WhatsApp group is going a bit far. I do blame the security detail for not realising that the school run route is an entirely different proposition during term time to school holidays. I suppose Harry given his privileged upbringing had no idea either. Most 'normal' people absolutely notice (and celebrate!) the difference especially during the summer break.

nanna8 Thu 17-Sept-26 00:35:12

I suppose it all started with Meghan’s unpleasant remarks about the family she married in to. That gave a carte blanche for all other comments. Anyway, I am convinced she enjoys the publicity, good or bad.

eazybee Thu 17-Sept-26 06:07:53

Meghan Markle is apparently paranoid about security and intrusion into her private life, yet joins a WhatsApp group without knowing any of the mothers in it, instead of waiting until she is familiar with its membership.
From the posts above I gather it has been leaked.

Calendargirl Thu 17-Sept-26 06:47:53

Do you think Catherine is on a school What’s App group?

šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Sept-26 06:58:06

Calendargirl

Do you think Catherine is on a school What’s App group?

šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

100% yes

Smileless2012 Thu 17-Sept-26 09:10:35

Armed security wouldn't have been given in those circumstances in the UK Paperbackwriter.

NotSpaghetti Thu 17-Sept-26 09:41:31

Calendargirl

Do you think Catherine is on a school What’s App group?

šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Maybe - on a separate phone...

Cossy Thu 17-Sept-26 10:13:41

eazybee

Meghan Markle is apparently paranoid about security and intrusion into her private life, yet joins a WhatsApp group without knowing any of the mothers in it, instead of waiting until she is familiar with its membership.
From the posts above I gather it has been leaked.

She’s not ā€œparanoidā€ H is! She clearly has zero issue with privacy, she has Instagram and frequently posts, she’s been perfectly comfortable with public attention of all kinds, since her teens, then became an actress.

The book deals and that horrendous interview with Oprah were huge mistakes (imo) and pretty embarrassing, but let’s not forget both H’s parents did awful and embarrassing TV interviews and many many books were written about them both, some with their ā€œco-operationā€, some definitely not!