I agree it's H who is paranoid. I would say at this stage he is very unwell mentally.
Among all the scientific subjects, chemistry is the worst
Self care/ pampering do you have time?
The Greens say they want Israel to be 'replaced' with one state.
So H&M have changed the childrens school, after only a few days there.
Suddenly, the school run has become a huge security risk.
Did they not give any thought to this before enrolling them there? Practice runs at either end of the day, to assess the risks? 🤷♀️
Hardly the best start for two little children, moving continents, homes and schools in a matter of days.
Yet another reason for the ‘security’ issue to raise its head.
The manipulations are pretty obvious.
I agree it's H who is paranoid. I would say at this stage he is very unwell mentally.
The timing of this to coincide with the RAVEC meeting is just so crass.
It’s like the “car chase” through the congested streets of Manhattan isn’t it?
The way H and M are trying to force the RF’s hand would make me even more determined not to give in to them and their demands.
They’ve had 6 (?) years to salvage relations with the RF and the UK in general or to make their own way- this is desperate measures.
But if they are granted security paid by us taxpayers, it will make them even more unpopular....they must not care about that.
Well said
I suspect H&M put their children's lives above their own lack of popularity, wouldn't anyone.
If/when something happens to the children H&M will know they tried to do everything they could to protect them.
Most parents do but not sure about these two.
If they really wanted to put their children's safety and wellbeing first they would have stayed in the US.
NotSpaghetti
I would have thought it would be a relief to be the spare, personally
🤷♀️
I don't know why H takes it so personally.
In circles where land, social status titles, wealth and estates were historically inherited down the male line, producing " an heir and a spare" (both male) has long been the ambition of every titled family. British history is riven with examples from royalty to farmers and endless novels. A long tale of secret bastards, wives with secret lovers. , serial marriages to produce a male heir. Jane Austen's favourite theme. If a father hadn't produces a son some distant male relative could inherit everything. As many boys did not survive infancy, war, accidents, a spare son was a highly desirable/valuable insurance policy.
"An heir and a spare " is a very well known common saying to anyone educated in UK history or literature. Not some personal slight to Harry.
Here's another one, from the same stable; A son and a daughter used to be called "A gentleman's family",
The son to ensure the survival of the family name and ring fence its assets; a daughter to live at home with the parents, their comfort and support in old age.
MarieElla
Most parents do but not sure about these two.
If they really wanted to put their children's safety and wellbeing first they would have stayed in the US.
As we do not know why they left the US that statement is irrelevant.
I don't actually agree with your statement regarding H&M putting their children's safety above their popularity.
I don't think they behave like 'most parents'.
I don't think your opinion on them is more valid than others unless you actually know them.
OldFrill
MarieElla
Most parents do but not sure about these two.
If they really wanted to put their children's safety and wellbeing first they would have stayed in the US.As we do not know why they left the US that statement is irrelevant.
Why would the children be safer with better wellbeing in the US
Better wellbeing due to not being taken out of school and away from their friends and only relative they have contact with....and then having to change school again over here.
Safety wise probably equally at risk as in the US, if so, why can't they continue to pay for their own security here?
Because they want us to recognise them as very important royal people by paying for their security.
Why exactly do they think they need more or the same security as the W and Kate??
Pair of grifters indeed!
Harry has just wasted millions on a failed court case about private phones being hacked.
Wouldn't you think; that to H and M, absolute privacy and security on their personal phones is a very top priority right now? Has nobody told her " never give your number, or talk about our home life/children, on Whatsapp, to 20+ people you've never met and know nothing about".
Yet, the day before the start of term, before M has met any pupils or parents in Archie's class, she signs up to class whatsapp exposes her phone and personal comments to strangers, and OH SURPRISE it's immediately broadcast to the world. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
She can't be "one of the moms" chatting on Whatsapp . She's never going to post " lets all meet at the park cafe right after school", arrange playdates, comment on the kids teacher/school, or one single detail about Archies health, behaviour, etc. Because it's not secure. The moms phones are not secure.
Her reputation for bad judgement is known to every one of those parents and they must ALL be dreading what drama their own child might be caught up in; her instagram , security threats to Archie at drop off, on the sports pitch, in the playground, every school outing.
No surprise if someone in that school saw an opportunity to eliminate unwanted Sussex disruption/risk by illustrating Meghan's fecklessness.
@butterandjam,
If a mother cannot understand another mother being involved in normal school activities, hoping for human decency from other parents, then I will not be able to help you understand. There are no words I can post to combat that level of hatred.
This entire thread says so much about where we are as a society and it says nothing good.
BlessedArt would you be happy to pay for their secruity?
I’m not happy to pay for anything “royal” related.
OK.
So why is this thread upsetting you so?
So, can you summarise what this thread tells you about today's society?
I said I was upset? Funny I don’t remember feeling that way.
I am making an observation. When people are consumed with hatred, they will excuse even the most vile behaviour so long as they feel they can justify it. This is what this thread highlights.
Oh, I thought you sounded upset because you think this thread reflects where we are as a society and that it 'says nothing good'....sounds like you're unhappy with the current state of affairs. Unhappy enough to post that rather dramatic comment!
Do you really think people hate them?
They are disliked and disrespected due to their own actions. For me it's the waste of taxpayers money for all the court cases that I object to.
I don't think you should be judging this thread based on one poster saying they suspect Meghan abuses Harry.
The majority are commenting on their ongoing attention grabbing and selfish behaviour.
BlessedArt
@butterandjam,
If a mother cannot understand another mother being involved in normal school activities, hoping for human decency from other parents, then I will not be able to help you understand. There are no words I can post to combat that level of hatred.
Another parent in the class whatsapp group deliberately reposted Meghans message and private number online. In public. That's not a friendly/welcome from another mother. it's a deliberate clear message of deterrence and warning.
It happened. It wasn't done by me.
What part of that do you not understand?
So one person releasing Meghan's phone number is a indication of society going downhill?
BlessedArt
My sympathy is with the children as well. Imagine people spending nearly every day of their lives online posting negativity about your parents. Complete strangers obsessively bashing them behind anonymous online nicknames, feeding the frenzy by providing unhinged solidarity in doing sick things like leaking their parents numbers. This world is sick and H&M are starting to look much more sane than those obsessed with hating them.
The leak of Meghans number and whatsapp message, can only have come from one of the people who received it from her. A parent in Archie's class whatsapp group.
H and M found a good school which at really short notice agreed the children could start in September then they cancelled the school places after two days because the journey took too long.I would be furious with them if I were the Head of this school.Being messed about by rich entitled parents.
BlessedArt
This entire thread says so much about where we are as a society and it says nothing good.
👏👏👏👏
These mummy mafia WhatsApp groups are dangerous, can intensify trouble between children, magnify complaints and are best avoided.
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »Get our top conversations, latest advice, fantastic competitions, and more, straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily newsletter here.