Gransnet forums

Chat

Breastfeeding in public

(61 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Tue 18-Mar-14 09:26:03

Any chance we could stop some of this sanctimonious garbage about how we are all supposed to love the sight of this happening, in public. I DO NOT LOVE IT!!! NOT WHEN I'M EATING A LUNCH I AM PAYING GOOD MONEY FOR.

I know it's a natural biological process, it's good for the little angel, etc etc. But it is still an infant sucking it's liquid feed out of its mother's tit. And I don't need to be confronted by it in a cafe. We are not animals. It's fine for sheep with their little lambs. But human mothers should be able to manage their feeding slchedule better than this. Feed before you go out. Do it in the car. Anywhere, anyway. But not where my eyes are going to alight upon it when I'm eating my lunch!

smile

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 19-Mar-14 09:13:37

Hated having to lift a top. So awkward.

I didn't actually say sitting at the kitchen table is the only place to breastfeed! Just that that is where I used to do it.

I think sitting with one's back to the other customers might involve moving tables around. In a large caf.

Thistledoo Wed 19-Mar-14 09:34:12

WHY WHY WHY, do some folk think there is something wrong with breast feeding. It must say something about the society we live in. Are breasts just sexual objects. NO. They are there for a purpose, for feeding our babies. Get over it. angry

Flowerofthewest Wed 19-Mar-14 10:33:58

Could have lifted my dress I suppose but that's what got me in the the situation in the first place grin

Flowerofthewest Wed 19-Mar-14 10:36:52

Nooooo Thistledoo they are there just for the pleasure of men. To ogle at and grope surely. Breastfeeding AND in public how utterly wrong. [sarcastic emotiocon]

Mishap Wed 19-Mar-14 10:36:52

I think that jingle has just posted this as a wind-up. It simply is not possible to countenance the idea that she is serious.

Flowerofthewest Wed 19-Mar-14 10:37:23

Maybe it's Frank in disguise

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 19-Mar-14 10:42:24

shock flower where were you when the initial event took place?!!!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 19-Mar-14 10:43:32

You don't have to answer that, of course. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 19-Mar-14 10:45:05

You can't seriously blame this one on Frank!

Elegran Wed 19-Mar-14 10:48:04

Wasn't there a thread on unusual places, Jings?