Gransnet forums

Pedants' corner

The cat is having such a good time

(19 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Fri 11-Dec-20 11:44:10

Since his brother died three years ago, lots of young male cats have tried to move in.

They have all left pdq with a resounding earful and helped along by some shrewdly place blows from our cat.

For three weeks now, an intruder has been quietly asked to leave and then chased down the garden. He? She keeps coming back, sits on the garden path and looks hopefully towards the cat-hole and if I am in the kitchen looks hungrily towards the door.

Not falling for that one.

If intruder stays away too long, our cat goes looking for her.

Presume she is female, knowing the treatment the tom cats received, but perhaps our lad is just feeling lonely.

I shall have to find out if anyone owns this little black puss, or not.

grandtanteJE65 Sat 12-Dec-20 12:58:28

Sorry, this should have been in Pets, obviously!

Jane10 Sat 12-Dec-20 13:56:41

DD has a similar problem. Up till now she's let him in and her own cat is perfectly happy with the situation but now DD's getting a new kitten later this month and the interloper will be deflected at every attempt to come in. Poor thing. He looks so hurt!
I'll attach a pic of the new kitten coming later this month.

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Dec-20 14:01:38

Aaaaw! I love that kitten. Is that the interloper or the new kitty?

Jane10 Sat 12-Dec-20 14:23:36

It's the new kitty. She's not to leave her mum till 23rd December. Very responsible local breeder. I'll post a pic of the intruder who is a big bruiser. DD looked down and there he was relaxing at her feet!

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Dec-20 14:49:30

Aaw, I love the big bruiser too. He looks very much like my lovely Buster who was a big softie.

SueDonim Sat 12-Dec-20 15:03:28

Dd moved to a house where the neighbour’s cat seems to think he also lives there. grin Dd has her own cat, who doesn’t want a friend. Next door’s cat kept appearing all over their house, including one morning on an outdoor landing windowsill, about ten feet above the ground.

Recently, dd woke in the night thinking there was a burglar in the house. Nope. It was Interloper Cat making himself very cosy in DD’s bedroom! grin

SueDonim Sat 12-Dec-20 15:04:20

Both those cats are beautiful, Jane. Is the kitten a colourpoint? We’ve had two.

Jane10 Sat 12-Dec-20 15:16:51

The kitten is a Ragdoll. I don't know what colour she's meant to be. I don't understand these things due to being a Maine Coon person!

EllanVannin Sat 12-Dec-20 15:32:29

I love the Ragdolls, the last one I saw was in the 60's when my mum's friend had one whose name was Jess. They're beautiful.

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 15:38:41

Jane10 you really must stop posting photo’s of my tabby girl.
?
That kitten is a heart breaker.

Jane10 Sat 12-Dec-20 16:03:00

The interloper is a Bengal. Here he is refusing to move on!

Puzzler61 Sat 12-Dec-20 16:16:20

Oh gosh he/she is large and very different body markings from a tabby.
Someone must own him/her.

SueDonim Sat 12-Dec-20 16:37:18

These cats are gorgeous! A friend has two Bengal siblings. One is a spotty one and the other is stripey.

Jane10 Sat 12-Dec-20 16:44:15

He's completely different from the other cats. Must be due to his African origins.
DD found his owner via local Facebook but she can't stop him going out and about.

GrannyLaine Sat 12-Dec-20 16:52:40

Jane10 Bengals are a law unto themselves, vocal and extremely territorial. My daughter has one and I really love her but her behaviour takes some understanding. Your visiting one has some beautiful markings.

sodapop Sat 12-Dec-20 17:04:57

My daughter has a Bengal and he is a thug. He waits for the neighbour's cat to come out of the flap then hits him over the head.

GagaJo Sat 12-Dec-20 17:12:21

Oh blimey Jane. He's a beauty!

Jane10 Sat 12-Dec-20 18:03:43

He's my DD's visitor not mine but I do love to see him. He's very aloof and certainly not cuddly like my old boy.