Gransnet forums

Pets

Mia

(135 Posts)
numberplease Wed 17-Oct-12 17:15:20

Well, we collected her this afternoon, but she`s awfully timid, has spent ages hiding behind the fridge freezer, came out for food, then cowered in the bathroom, behind the toilet. We`re not forcing her, she`ll come out in her own time.

annodomini Wed 27-Feb-13 16:57:37

When I had a black cat, I couldn't see the oily marks on his back though I knew he was often under my car. Ginger was another matter! Moral - get a black cat - like Rory!

numberplease Wed 27-Feb-13 15:47:57

Bet it`s not cheap Marelli, if she struggles, they`ll probably want to sedate her. Mia`s been outside this morning and came back still white, she`s out again now, so fingers crossed!

Marelli Wed 27-Feb-13 13:10:51

Oh crikey, number! My Daisy gets matted bits, especially around her hips. She will not allow me to groom her, so it's a case of grabbing her and getting DH to hold her while I carefully get as much off as I can.
I'd noticed that my vet does grooming as well, but just the thought of getting her there and having her go through the hassle (because I know she'd panic) really puts me off....and so would the cost, which I haven't checked out as yet. hmm

numberplease Wed 27-Feb-13 00:34:20

Yesterday, I got so fed up with seeing Mia the mucky pussy, with the oily patches on her back, that I rang the vet for advice. I was told that the oil could be toxic and that if I brought her to them they`d give her a special bath. Took her in this morning, went to collect her this afternoon, to be told that they`d been trying to ring us, although I`d told them we`d be out this afternoon. Apparently, she was being a bit obstroporous, and wouldn`t let them bath her, and they needed our permission to sedate her. We went back a little later to get her, and I asked if there was anything we could use if she got oily again, as no doubt she will, and we were told "Oh, we use Swarfega", why, oh why, didn`t they say that yesterday, and save us a packet. Bath, inc. VAT, £15.50, sedation, £32, that`s a bloomin` expensive bath at £47.50, I`m going out for some Swarfega tomorrow!!

numberplease Sat 26-Jan-13 01:21:53

Not noticed any wind, was fully expecting it!

Marelli Fri 25-Jan-13 18:37:39

Crikey, number - she'll be blowing a gale soon! Daisy the Cat doesn't even need beans.....shock!

shysal Fri 25-Jan-13 17:17:25

Hope you will not be subjected to her wind! smile

numberplease Fri 25-Jan-13 16:30:58

Today, Mia astounded me. I had beans on toast for dinner today, left a few, and put my plate on the floor till the end of Neighbours. Next thing I know, Mia`s there, tucking in to baked beans, and apparently loving them! She isn`t usually allowed to eat off our plates, but I was just so astonished that she liked beans that I just sat and watched her!

numberplease Fri 30-Nov-12 16:30:05

And if any of you want a lovely portait of your pet, you could do a damn sight worse than to put it in the talented hands of our resident artist, the renowned Soop! (That`s not advertising, is it?)

numberplease Fri 30-Nov-12 16:26:00

My camera`s on charge ready to take a pic of the pic, but I don`t need to now, do I? Glad to see you back complete with hearing aid.

soop Fri 30-Nov-12 13:02:06

She's in my album...smile

soop Fri 30-Nov-12 12:57:48

So pleased that Mia's portrait pleases you, number. I'll include it in my GN album. My photo was taken before mr soop mounted the painting. Mount and frame always finish a picture perfectly. smile

whenim64 Thu 29-Nov-12 20:44:56

Good luck Marelli. Technology...grrr! grin

Marelli Thu 29-Nov-12 20:42:34

I tried to do that when, but nothing happened. I know what you mean, though, because when I upload from my camera, it does recognise it, and I just do it from there. I've had a problem 'sharing' photos onto Facebook as well, so perhaps I need to ask at the phone shop (it's a new smartphone, and I don't really know what I'm doing with it yet!)

whenim64 Thu 29-Nov-12 19:13:17

If you plug your phone lead into your phone and the USB end into your computer, it will recognise the device (phone) and you'll be able to upload your photos Matrelli. It will let you save them in your pictures and you'll be able to choose them to put on your profile when you go in and browse for photos - that's if tech has sorted out the problems. I can only get one on mine at the moment hmm

Marelli Thu 29-Nov-12 18:53:03

Yes, when, I've got a USB lead, but can't work out how to upload them to computer. Next time DGD is here, I'll get her to show me what to do! confused

whenim64 Thu 29-Nov-12 18:10:54

Otherwise, have you got a lead with a USB that allows you to upload them from phone to computer?

whenim64 Thu 29-Nov-12 18:09:03

Is it the sort of phone that gives you an option to send the photo somewhere like Facebook, or to email them, Marelli? I can usually do it in a couple of stages by saving them from the places I have sent them to. Mine's an iPhone.

numberplease Thu 29-Nov-12 18:05:22

Sorry, I don`t even know how to transfer from phone to computer, I`ve got 2 on my phone that need transferring.

Marelli Thu 29-Nov-12 18:01:09

Does anyone know how to transfer photos from my phone onto here?

numberplease Thu 29-Nov-12 17:33:49

Phoenix, I just point and click!

Anne58 Thu 29-Nov-12 17:27:58

number I was very impressed with the standard of your photographs, soop has offered to "do" my mogs, but I'm not sure I could take photos that were good enough.

numberplease Thu 29-Nov-12 17:22:21

I`ll take a pic of the painting later and put it in my profile, haven`t got the camera handy right now.

Anne58 Thu 29-Nov-12 17:14:46

Marelli, "beige"? Lily's are much darker than that! Beige I could tolerate, just. Lily doesn't seem to have a winter coat, and sheds the same amount all year round, the baggage. She does however have a sort of ruff, very "last year" but there you go. There are a couple of pictures of the tart little darling on my profile, but my skill with the camera isn't very good. Off now to look at numbers and soops profiles for pics!

numberplease Thu 29-Nov-12 17:05:13

Yes Marelli, it`s beautiful, isn`t it? Soop`s really captured her to a T!