Gransnet forums

Pets

Andie's birthday tomorrow.

(19 Posts)
HUNTERF Mon 08-Apr-13 09:56:32

I have just noticed Andie will be 7 tomorrow.
He will get some of his favourite treats and we will buy a sponge cream cake and give him a little slice.
I will also buy him a new tartan collar as his present one is getting a bit tatty.
Really a dog does not get any presents as his requirements will be satisfied anyway.

I met an Indian family yesterday and they had a cairn named Abdul.
They said they will get their dog a tartan collar but he is biting his lead at present as he is a puppy. It is a chain lead.
They said they will get a tartan lead ASAP but they will not change their dog's name.
For family purposes their dog is an Indian.
He looked well loved.

Frank

york46 Mon 08-Apr-13 13:12:53

Happy birthday for tomorrow, Andie!

HUNTERF Tue 09-Apr-13 14:04:39

Got Andie a new rubber ball and ring.
He does not play with rings.
He has also got schmackos and a cake in the fridge.
We will sing him happy birthday this afternoon this afternoon.
He is 49 in doggy years.

Frank

HUNTERF Tue 09-Apr-13 14:06:14

I should have said he does not play with rubber bones.

Ana Tue 09-Apr-13 15:02:20

Hope Andie has a happy birthday, Frank! smile

spinner Tue 09-Apr-13 15:48:02

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE FELLOW MY LITTLE MAN WILL BE 7 IN NOVEMBER

HUNTERF Tue 09-Apr-13 16:21:57

Granddaughters are on the way now to see Andie.
They have told me they have got Andie a ring and a ball so mine may go in the shed as his toys last about 6 months.
I will get my daughter to take him a walk so I can steal his old toys.

Frank.

HUNTERF Tue 09-Apr-13 16:23:44

spinner

Andie has looked at the screen and he has woofed so that may mean happy birthday to your little man in doggy language.

Frank

absent Tue 09-Apr-13 20:03:55

HUNTERF He's a dog. He's not a doggie. He doesn't know or care that it is his birthday. Come to think of it, I don't care that it's his birthday or that he has a bloody rubber ring to play with or not play with – because I am not quite clear on that one. Is this the most boring thread we have ever seen on Gransnet? Why is a male dog called Andie? Will Rupert Bear reach the Magic Mountain?

Gally Tue 09-Apr-13 20:12:17

grinhmmgrinhmmgrinhmmgrinhmmwink

Enviousamerican Tue 09-Apr-13 20:15:42

absent,obviously you've never had a dog.

Orca Tue 09-Apr-13 20:50:27

Is Andie entitled to wear the tartan? Which clan does he claim kinship too?

HUNTERF Tue 09-Apr-13 21:16:05

Hi Orca / Enviousamerican

My daughter took Andie for a walk and I happened to see the next door but 1 neighbour and he offered to put his old toys in his bin as they were starting to break.
When he came back Andie had a small slice of cream cake and we sang Happy Birthday to him and we gave him his new toys.
He knew something was going on.
He then started sniffing around the house presumably looking for his old toys.
We then put his new collar on him and took him for a longer birthday walk.
He has now started to play with his new toys.
The breeder named him Andie.
Andie is a Scottish dog and we bought him in Luton.
The breeder said his grandfather and grandmother came from Aberdeen.
Andie has never been to Scotland. We hope to take him there at some point in his life but I don't think it will worry him if he never goes there.
Every owner thinks he has got that special unique dog.

Frank

Ana Tue 09-Apr-13 21:39:52

You obviousl love Andie, Frank, and I'm sure he's devoted to you.

That's all that matters in Andie's world. I'm glad you all had a good day. smile

Orca Tue 09-Apr-13 22:08:24

Hunter tartan
Given your own Clan Hunter antecedents and Andie's bloodlines I think he'd been entitled to wear the above.

Enviousamerican Tue 09-Apr-13 22:24:50

Orca,That's a very attractive tartan.The colors would look good on a dog!

absent Wed 10-Apr-13 07:30:43

You are completely wrong Enviousamerican. I have owned both dogs and cats – some of them at the same time.

Bags Wed 10-Apr-13 09:15:19

Anyone is entitled to wear any tartan. Down with clannishness! wink

HUNTERF Wed 10-Apr-13 11:12:04

I got Andie a Stewart tartan collar and lead as that was available locally and it is the most common colour for Scottish dogs.
I did ask about a Hunter Tartan but the shop said it would have to be specially made and the price would be a lot higher.
There is probably some Scottish in me somewhere but somebody did a family tree going back to 1790 and could get no further.
Most of the family members were born around the Cardiff area so I am not sure why my surname is Hunter.

Frank