Gransnet forums

Pets

Tragic, mindless cruelty.

(9 Posts)
numberplease Mon 08-Jun-15 17:20:47

On our local paper`s website today, an article about a young cat, about 10 or 11 months old, and her 4 tiny kittens, being found, quite by chance, taped inside a plastic crate, with no food or water, and dumped beside some recycling bins. One kitten was dead, the other 3 were filthy and caked in urine and excrement. Whilst they were being bathed and generally cleaned up by the cat charity worker who found them whilst putting clothes in the recycling bin, the mother cat was so traumatised that she just sat there, staring ahead whilst being bathed. How can anyone be so cruel? They are now all being fostered by said charity worker, until they can be vaccinated and micro chipped, then they will be offered for adoption. Let`s hope it`ll be a happy ending for the poor little things.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 08-Jun-15 17:29:53

Please don't. Too hard to take. sad

Tegan Mon 08-Jun-15 17:30:19

How evil;it's been so hot lately as well sad.

loopylou Mon 08-Jun-15 17:41:55

Sick, sick, sick
I just wish the perpetrators could receive the same treatment.

Years ago we stole rescued a starving foal from a field, he'd been bought by a stupid girl as a pet. When we literally picked him up (he couldn't raise his head off the ground let alone stand) he was just a bag of bones.

We took him back to the farm, called out the RSPCA and the vet. It was touch and go for several days, he had a drip and I slept in the stable with him. The RSPCA handed him over to us and prosecuted the owner.

He recovered and we called him Beano and he and my daughter were inseparable. He was a lovely little chap and we found him a good home when he was outgrown.

granjura Mon 08-Jun-15 18:01:43

No words to describe those sick people ...

our 2 adult female cats were found by the M69/m1 junction, in a taped cardboard box, with 10 kittens. Thank goodness someone saw the box move, and went all the way back to Lutterworth so they could come by it again and pick it up- just in time. Kittens all found good homes but no-one wanted the mums, so we took the in.

AshTree Mon 08-Jun-15 18:30:09

It's stories like this that make me want to believe in karma, some sort of divine retribution. I can't bear to think of such evil going unpunished.

numberplease Tue 09-Jun-15 00:11:13

I wonder how folk like that sleep at night, after such horrid doings.

Eloethan Tue 09-Jun-15 00:51:40

loopylou Is it possible that at least some of the people who do things like this have been neglected and abused? I tend to think that cruelty often breeds cruelty.

loopylou Tue 09-Jun-15 07:45:54

Perhaps that's so Eloethan
The girl concerned was certainly very abusive when she a some 'friends' tried to take him back- luckily the RSPCA Inspector told them in no uncertain terms exactly what they could do.

In her case it was pure ignorance I think. She thought feeding him on bread and kitchen scraps would suffice but it wasn't the first time her family had been prosecuted. They clearly weren't going to learn their lesson!