Gransnet forums

Pets

I despair of that cat!

(10 Posts)
phoenix Thu 06-Jul-17 20:24:27

Digby, that is. I have posted on here before about Fraidy, one of my neighbours cats, and the way that Digby deals with his "visits" confused

Fraidy is a food opportunist, his owner has managed to find at least 3 homes (apart from his) where he is dining. Goodness knows why people fall for him, he's not particularly appealing, black, but with a facial expression like a bulldog licking pissed of a stinging nettle.blush

Anyway, I was having supper on my lap watching Pointless (yes, I know, but the Archers had finished before my supper was ready, and that M'Lud, is the case for the defence).

Having finished, I took my plate to the kitchen (see, not a total slut, couldn't sit there with a dirty plate) to find Fraidy tucking into the cat biscuits, with Digby sitting on the towel that is left on the worktop under the kitchen window in the vain hope that it will minimise the paw prints on the floor, watching himhmm

I hissed at Fraidy, he did bit of a wheel/paw spin on the laminate, and tried to exit by the way he had come in, i.e. the kitchen window.

Digby now decided to become Action Cat, and defend his territory, which involved standing up, hissing and boxing Fraidy's ears.

This rather begs the question as to why Digby didn't do this when Fraidy tried to come IN, rather than on the exit, causing a whole bloody load of stuff in the draining rack to end up all over the damn floor!

paddyann Thu 06-Jul-17 22:15:41

I'm on the other side of this ,I'm sure someone else is feeding my cat,he goes out at 10pm and doesn't come back until midday ,then he sleeps until 8ish gets fed stretches out on the sofa until 10 and he's off again.We're begginning to think its a cat hotel here..lol.My daughter says he behaves like a stroppy teenager ..well he's just about a year old so maybe he'll settle down in his next year

Swanny Thu 06-Jul-17 23:04:26

Wonderful pictures you both paint grin

callgirl1 Thu 06-Jul-17 23:26:44

Phoenix, it`s been said before, and I`m saying it again, you really should write a book! I`D buy it!

phoenix Thu 06-Jul-17 23:34:07

When Digby becomes Action Cat, it is worth noting. He doesn't so much go to sleep as fall into a coma.

I remember, a few years ago, seeing him leaping in what seemed a rather random manner at a bush 4 houses down. After a few minutes of puzzled viewing (I didn't have my glasses on [blush)]
I realised that he was sitting under a budliea, (sp) and was totally absorbed by the butterflies.

phoenix Thu 06-Jul-17 23:39:03

callgirl1 thank you for your kind comments, but there are many people out there with better writing skills than me!

merlotgran Thu 06-Jul-17 23:48:18

Where's Oliver Sprout in all this? Shouldn't he be riding shotgun?

phoenix Fri 07-Jul-17 00:05:58

Ah now, Oliver Sprout is another tail/tale!, bless his little bar striped paws!

He is still a law unto himself, very affectionate, loving, but clumsy beyond belief!

Although he has never had to go to the vet since we had him, we have had to register him.

I asked them to make a note that he is a "swisher" with regard to his tail. Many cats swish when they are cross. Not Oliver Sprout. He swishes when he's happy (a bit like a dog, wagging it's tail) and he is a very chap!

But the clumsiness, oh my word, I swear he is dyspraxic!

phoenix Fri 07-Jul-17 00:07:29

Bugger, should be very "happy" chap.

As you were.

jusnoneed Fri 07-Jul-17 08:08:01

Your description of events have given me a good laugh to start the day! smile