Gransnet forums

Pets

Our Molly

(55 Posts)
farview Sat 18-Nov-17 10:03:55

...O Molly,its 3weeks tomorrow since we with broken hearts said goodbye and you went into your deepest sleep..I'm still finding your dog hairs,still weeping,you were smelly,needy,loving,protective,mythering,nervy.we think you had a pretty awful time before we found you in the rescue home...but I know you had the BEST time with us and the grandkids.on the Moors,in the lake,at the beaches..Fleetwood,Formby,St Anne's,Southport etc..
Dont know how long this hurt will last..it will lessen in time I'm sure..BUT you will always be in my heart..always. Molly dog...xx

farview Fri 01-Jun-18 08:30:51

Thank you Pheonix!! So excited!!

phoenix Fri 01-Jun-18 00:18:42

farview sending you all every good wish.

farview Thu 31-May-18 21:14:56

Feeling really really emotional, tomorrow I'm picking up our new border collie puppy from the rescue centre,..it's not because we've forgotten you Molly,it's because we loved you so much,I think you'd love this puppy Molly,we will try to love him as much as we loved you!! Can't type these tears,but they're falling....nite Molly x

farview Wed 27-Dec-17 09:14:37

Oh hildajenniJI feel for you,truly,it's such a touch decision... And so sorry about your poodle...keep strong g?

hildajenniJ Tue 26-Dec-17 20:25:51

I'm trying to make the awful decision to have my lovely old girl "put to sleep." She is eighteen, has arthritis, cataracts and is deaf. Just lately she has gone right off her food too. She ate nothing yesterday except for a jar of fish paste. Today she has had half a tin of Spam. Tomorrow I am going to to phone the Vet and have a chat, and be guided by him. My last little dog, a toy poodle was killed crossing the road outside our house after he escaped and chased after a cat. I still miss him.

farview Tue 26-Dec-17 19:33:29

Yes that's true Alexa and am glad we had those years of loving our Molly...always had dogs...loved them all but miss our Molly so so much,probably because she was so needy,had a few weeps over Christmas,my children and grandchildren keep asking if I am getting another dog but don't think could ever go through this pain again....

Alexa Fri 22-Dec-17 12:16:43

The sense of loss of a loved one never goes away. It's part of how life wears one down. The only way to avoid the loss is not to love.

Granless Wed 22-Nov-17 21:11:27

Like all those before me we have always had dogs and always two - one getting on in years and a young one. Our last girlie died at aged 19. Be it right or wrong, the fact that she was a most gentle, loving, loyal companion, we feel another one would have to be extra extra special to fill her ‘paws’.
As a matter of interest, we believe that when one dog - if you have more than one - has to be put to sleep, you should involve the other dog/s in the process then they know ‘where they have gone’. Let them stay with the deceased one for a short while. We didn’t do that on one occasion and the one left behind spent 3 days searching for her friend.

Quietdragon Wed 22-Nov-17 14:10:11

So sorry to read this.I know this pain so well it never gets easier x

deaneke Mon 20-Nov-17 21:48:29

So sorry to hear the loss of Molly. Do grieve for her and honour her memory and the joy she brought you. Unconditional love is hard to loose and understandable. Blue Cross used to have a phone Bereavement service. Go gently on yourself.

Diddy1 Mon 20-Nov-17 21:47:51

SO sorry for your loss,we lost our little love ten years ago and the tears still flow when I look at her photo, which is always on display.
How lucky Molly was to have spent such a happy life with you and your family, always treasure the memories.
Sending hugs x

Iam64 Mon 20-Nov-17 20:02:08

It's so painful to lose a much loved dog isn't it. When our old dog died, I realised it was possible to measure my life in dogs. It's four years now since he died, we still have two dogs sharing our lives, plus assorted dog visitors who stay from time to time.
Better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all x

quizqueen Mon 20-Nov-17 19:03:00

I didn't have my first pet, a rescue dog called Sandy, until I got married and had my own home as my mum was not keen on animals. I was always desperate for a pet when I was growing up. Sandy died in 1988 when my youngest daughter was 3 and I could still cry over her loss.

Since then circumstances have led me to now be on my 4th cat but I often look after my daughter's dog so I still wouldn't rule out having another. Not sure I'm fit enough at the moment as I'm waiting for two knee replacements!

Berrydog Mon 20-Nov-17 18:02:09

Heartbroken for you. Thank you for picking her and loving her. She knew.

Angelwhisper Mon 20-Nov-17 17:08:51

Thinking of you Farview, know how heartbreaking losing a much loved pet is. xxx

libra10 Mon 20-Nov-17 16:36:04

farview, we live in the same area as you, and take our dog walks on Southport beach, round the marine lane, Formby, looking at the red squirrels, and Crosby with the iron men looking out to sea.

Barney our dog is 7 now, and we have had two dogs previously. The hardest part is when they pass, and I know exactly how you feel.

Thinking of you.

Sheilasue Mon 20-Nov-17 15:49:40

We have lost two dogs and a cat. So I know just how you feel. It takes time I know but you have lovely memories of your dog.
We now have a cat I was worried about getting another cat but we felt it would help our gd get over the trauma she went through I don’t regret it Oscar is now 5 but such a lovely puss and I know one day he will be gone but we love him so much and make the most of our time with him. He gives us great happiness.

Tessa101 Mon 20-Nov-17 15:17:34

So sad.... google the poem “Rainbow bridge”. I have a photo of my beloved doggy with this poem printed underneath it’s so lovely. It’s abit to long to post on here. You will never forget, they play such a huge part in our life’s and become part of our families.Sending hugs!!

ajanela Mon 20-Nov-17 15:06:23

Annifrance please make your memories of Hugo happy memories as from your post you still sound sad. You say he was killed so maybe this makes the loss more difficult. When animals age we are more prepared but a sudden loss is more difficult. flowers.

farview Mon 20-Nov-17 14:46:26

Oh thank you every single one of you..bless GN for the pets forum..am having a weep(again) but know I'm not alone..thank you allflowers

Eloethan Mon 20-Nov-17 14:42:21

farview I'm so sorry about your dog but I hope you are comforted in the knowledge that she had a life full of love and fun.

ethulwulf Your poem is beautifully written and so touching.

Caro1954 Mon 20-Nov-17 13:54:35

I’m so moved by all your stories of lost pets and by Ethelwulfs poem especially getting the better of St Peter! But maybe he’d have turned a blind anyway since you looked after her so well! Love to all of you who have lost pets or are facing the loss.

Mauriherb Mon 20-Nov-17 13:27:43

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss but thank you for taking in a rescue dog and showing her the love that she deserved xx

grannysyb Mon 20-Nov-17 13:24:12

So sorry for your loss, it does get easier with time. Having said that we still miss our last girl so much,she was our second rescue Dane and we always say we'll never find another like her. Hugs

starlily106 Mon 20-Nov-17 13:15:12

I know the pain of losing loving dog companions. I now have a Jack Russell who I love so much. He is almost 9 years old, and I worry about who will go first. I am 80, and just keep hoping that I can go on with Jack for as long as possible. I know that my son and granddaughter will take good care of him if I go first, but he has been MY dog ever since he was 8 weeks old. I didn't choose him, he chose me. When i went to look at him and his siblings, he came straight to me, trying to get up onto my knee, and when I picked him up he snuggled up and went to sleep. Needless to say, he went home with me. I love him so much.