Gransnet forums

Pets

What shall we call our new kitten?

(186 Posts)
kittylester Fri 03-Aug-18 12:51:31

I know we helped nina (or not!) so I am hoping you can help us as we are stuck for a name for the kitten we are keeping. She was born in June

I will continue to try taking a photo of her but she is a short haired, dark tabby with white bib and wellies.

We have two other cats - an all black male born during the Rugby World Cup - his name is Kiwi.

The kitten's Mum was born in May and is, therefore, called Maisie.

Please help - inspiration has dried up in the Lester household.

nigglynellie Thu 06-Sep-18 19:16:43

Our cats have been called, William, Daniel, Poppy, Louis, Snooks, Timmy, Hattie, Ruby, Michael, Tomkins, Mishka, Mufferpaws, Simon, Sebastian, Rusty, Honey, and so it goes on !!!

petnanny1 Thu 06-Sep-18 14:01:19

You have probably names the cat by name, since just picked up this post, but in short, I don't think that it matters that much, since they will only come when they want something smile

Peaseblossom Sun 26-Aug-18 12:36:11

phoenix. Lol ??

Peaseblossom Sun 26-Aug-18 12:28:46

KettyLester. We had a tabby cat called Tabitha. She lived to be 21. I love the name (for a cat! ). Our others cats were Willow, long haired tortoiseshell, Purdey, Mitzy, both tabbies, and Ruskin (beautiful long ginger haired boy with cream paws and tummy).

Elrel Tue 21-Aug-18 20:51:34

Lucifer? Or Lucifur?

Auntieflo Mon 20-Aug-18 09:05:37

Perhaps Lucy's kitten could be called 'Lucias'? apologies about the spelling, but I think that's how it is. confused

OldMeg Mon 20-Aug-18 07:15:28

Tiddles

kittylester Mon 20-Aug-18 07:06:39

Sorry auntieflo my blessed phone thinks it's very clever - it isn't!

kittylester Mon 20-Aug-18 07:04:34

We have, aunties. You are quite right, she is called Minnie and the grandchildren named one of her brother 'Mickey'. They have now delivered him to their friend so we will get regular updates. The friends like his name and will keep it.

The other kitten is a male, currently called Lucy's, as his new owner is called......Lucy! grin

Auntieflo Sun 19-Aug-18 22:25:18

Patsy70, I thought Kittylester had named the kitten, Minnie, short for Hermione !

Patsy70 Sun 19-Aug-18 21:51:47

Kittylester, please let us know what name you decide on!

Patsy70 Sun 19-Aug-18 21:49:24

Our cat is called Madge, she is a Calico (posh name for a tortoisehell). In the past we have had Homer (he was the last of the litter to be re-homed), Scooby, Dusty (he lived up to his name as he was always rolling in the garden).

Newquay Fri 10-Aug-18 17:59:40

One kitten we had we took to the vet for the once over. First question we had was it a boy or girl. Vet said he's a Tom. . . so Tom it was.
We've always said if we were to have another cat we'd call him Riley-cos that's what they lead the life of!

Grannygrunt123 Thu 09-Aug-18 18:05:23

Kittylester
Purdy

ninathenana Tue 07-Aug-18 12:30:41

ann DD would come close.

annsixty Tue 07-Aug-18 07:43:53

My cousin's AC would rival your GD for No 1 fan kitty their infants are called Atticus and Hermoine.

kittylester Tue 07-Aug-18 07:25:09

callgirl grin

actually, lemongrove, Minnie is short for Hermione to please DGD1 AKA The World's biggest Harry Potter fan!!

callgirl1 Mon 06-Aug-18 22:58:17

Many, many years ago, when our Sherry (tortie and white) had 5 kittens, we lost one when they were 6 weeks old, for a whole day and a half.She was a pretty barred tabby, we called her Pushkin until she was rehomed. As I said, we "lost" her for a day and a half, searched the whole house, plus the gardens back and front, also out in the street, decided she was, regrettably, gone for good. Then we decided to put a record on, opened the doors of the radiogram(a bit of history there!) and there was Pushkin, curled up fast asleep on the turntable!

lemongrove Mon 06-Aug-18 22:51:40

Well, I have to say that I am disappointed kitty......
Minnie is a mouse name!
( walks off shaking head and tutting.)
grin

kittylester Mon 06-Aug-18 22:43:39

Great minds eh phoenix!

Slight panic this evening when a friend who was here for dinner (and to see the kittens) found one outside looking confused. We think it followed it's mum through the cat flap!

phoenix Mon 06-Aug-18 21:35:15

Oh kitty if you go back a few (possibly many ) threads, you will see that our latest "acquisition" from Cats Protection , who was listed on their website as "Tasha", was renamed by us as "Minnie"!

(Seem to remember starting a thread about the Cab Calloway song "Minnie the Moocher")

kittylester Mon 06-Aug-18 21:06:52

Well, after all that, DH has spoken! Her name is Minnie! confused

phoenix Mon 06-Aug-18 20:44:43

Doodle love it! grin

Jalima1108 Mon 06-Aug-18 20:40:24

Surely she has to be Kitty?

willa45 Mon 06-Aug-18 20:38:28

Give us the verdict, Kittlester...... does your beautiful kitten have a name yet? ? If you still need help, let me give you some more cat names inspired by my own family and friends.

My DH's cousin just adopted the most mischievous, inquisitive kitten named Hazel (aka Hazelnut...she's almost all White w/random Champagne/Black patches, ).

Years ago, my aunt and uncle had a beautiful Taupe/Gray Maine Coon Cat named Brandy (aka Branflakes). My grandmother also once had a White (Siamese) female cat named Bijou.

Among our cat loving friends, the female cats are named Kiki (B&W tuxedo), Grady (Brown, Gray/White Tabby), and Tallulah (aka Lula or Lulabug - she's Jet Black w/green eyes). As I also mentioned earlier, my son's cat is a grand old lady named Margie (Who looks just like Tallulah but she's six years older)