Gransnet forums

Pets

Such a chilled cat

(10 Posts)
ninathenana Sun 04-Nov-18 18:36:31

We have fireworks going off in the field at the end of our garden. Bertie is sitting watching them through the patio doors.
Our previous cats would have been behind the sofa.
Anyone else got a dozy pet ?

Willow500 Sun 04-Nov-18 20:37:55

We have been away for the weekend taking our two with us. When we got back I opened the cat flap for one to go out - he'd just put his nose through it when there was an almighty bang so he shot back inside and ran upstairs under the bed. I locked it again quickly - the other one just carried on eating her tea not fazed at all. They were very chilled out while we were away though both in the same room asleep - it never happens here at home!

nanasam Sun 04-Nov-18 20:51:10

Our dog joined us in the garden for our store-bought firework display and wasn’t scared at all. The cat watched it all from the house and didn’t seem to be at all bothered. We must be very lucky!

Fennel Sun 04-Nov-18 20:53:05

I thought it was always cool cat and hot dog?

glammanana Sun 04-Nov-18 20:58:21

nina My Oliver was quite happily sitting on the garden table watching the rockets go up from the next Road and showed not one hint of being scared of them.

Charleygirl5 Sun 04-Nov-18 21:15:29

Tara was also not phased by the fireworks most of this evening but that was mainly because I was here. This has been a normal evening for her although it has been noisy.

joannapiano Sun 04-Nov-18 21:30:14

My little rescue cat, now two years old, was very scared of the bangs and flashes this evening. She hid under the settee, probably because she previously lived on the streets with her kitten,before being found by Cat’s Protection. We are so pleased we offered her a warm, safe home this year.

Charleygirl5 Sun 04-Nov-18 21:37:54

Tara also came from CPL. She was around two years old when I chose her- she had two awful homes prior to falling on all four paws here.

The fireworks have stopped here so she has come downstairs for a bite to eat.

Lynne59 Sun 04-Nov-18 22:41:13

My Mr Cooper doesn't bother about it all - he was feral until 7 years ago when I took him in. but next-door's 6 month old kitten was here, behind the settee

grandtanteJE65 Mon 05-Nov-18 13:49:29

My Freia adored fireworks - she spent all New Year's Eve every year of her long life sitting on the window sill watching all the lovely colours. Yes, I know they say cats can't see colours! She got very narky if the curtains were closed, as bangs that she only could hear, but not see the result of scared her.

None of her successors have wanted to watch fireworks, but they haven't been scared of them either.