Gransnet forums

Pets

healing superficial wounds

(8 Posts)
Izabella Sun 25-Nov-18 20:39:08

Gentian violet spray will help to dry the area but dont get it on the surrounding area or your skin. Hard to wash off. However, it seems the most humane thing is euthnasia. Poor little thing.

humptydumpty Sun 25-Nov-18 14:19:13

Thanks everyone. I had already seen the vet. She said our beloved piggy has a tumour, and when I was holding her yesterday she weed red urine, so any attempt to tell myself it was external are dashed. She is still relatively perky but obviously now I have to accept that the end is nigh, and watch for signs of distress so that we don't delay in bringing her to a peaceful ending.

BlueBelle Fri 23-Nov-18 20:44:25

Oh gosh you need the vet to see it a non healing wound sounds nasty and Not something you should be second guessing

FlexibleFriend Fri 23-Nov-18 20:25:41

I've never had a guinea pig but any cut or wound on any animal that won't heal should be seen by a vet.

tiredoldwoman Fri 23-Nov-18 19:33:39

Guinea pigs get prolapses , are you sure its a cut that you're seeing ? Vet !!!

Lynne59 Fri 23-Nov-18 17:16:54

Don't you think the vet should be treating it?

Willow500 Fri 23-Nov-18 15:56:25

My granddaughters both have guinea pigs which are so funny and very cute. Personally I would take her to the vets to get the proper treatment rather than trying to find something from a shop which might make the problem worse.

humptydumpty Fri 23-Nov-18 15:43:04

Hi, I would be very grateful for any input from peole with experience of this.

I have a guinea pig who has a sore on her bottom which is not healing, and whenever we clean it, it starts to bleed again. I feel she would benefit from some sort of spray/powder to help the cut to heal, whcih could be left on for several days to allow healing to complete.

Has anyone used such a product on their pet, please?