Gransnet forums

Pets

She's definitely weird!

(31 Posts)
phoenix Fri 17-May-19 18:59:16

Hello all,

Well, Mr P and I have reached agreement about Minnie, who joined our household from Cats Protection earlier this year.

It started with sponge stealing, those yellow/green ones used for washing up. I would go to wash up, no sponge, get a new one out.

Then I started finding the sponges on the bed confused, in the sitting room, the hall, plus the occasional dish cloth, and on one occasion, a rubber glove. Mr P protested innocence!

So, we worked out that it was Minnie, and decided that perhaps she might have been a scullery maid in a previous life smileand

She also has an odd approach to hunting, appearing once with something that looked like a mouse tail dangling from her mouth. It turned out to be an earthworm!

So today she came in through the kitchen window, making "that noise" (that I'm sure all cat owners know) that means "I am a hunter, and have brought my prey to you"

As I didn't want any mice/voles/shrews running riot, I chased her into the hall.

She was the proud possessor of a piece of cellophane confused although, by the look of it, it had put up quite a fight!

I honestly think that she is either incapable of not interested in hunting, for which I'm pleased, but if only she would apply such reticence to her windy pops!

blondenana Mon 20-May-19 12:47:53

A lady who got a kitten off me a few years ago, told me [after her cat came back] that he had been missing for 2 years, and he was seen outside a school 6 miles away, limping, so someone took him to a vet,who scanned him and luckily she got him back, but didn;t like to tell me he had gone missing,
So dont give up hope, and people must realise that a Ragdoll isn;t likely to be stray surely
Keeping fingers x for you

quizqueen Mon 20-May-19 13:02:30

Nanny- Have you put a missing request on facebay with a photograph? Someone may recognise a neighbour who has a new cat, if he's still local. Was he chipped? Because if he goes to the vet, the vet will realise it's a different owner, if he is scanned when a new one is put in by an unsuspecting new owner, who has bought him from the person who took him, if that's what has happened.

CanadianGran Mon 20-May-19 18:53:48

Yes, keep your hopes up. We had a cat go missing when we were children. Three months later I saw him in a shop window in town. The shop owner had found him and brought him to the shop daily where he liked to sleep in the window display. We were thrilled to have him back.

nanny2507 Tue 21-May-19 13:55:00

hi quizqueen. hes is on social media x he is listed as stolen on his chip not just missing x

nanny2507 Tue 21-May-19 13:55:53

hi canadiangran, Its so hard to keep my hopes up, ive lost all faith in people now x