Gransnet forums

Pets

She's definitely weird!

(30 Posts)
phoenix Fri 17-May-19 19:25:14

nanny2507 so sad for you, have you put posters or notices around?

nanny2507 Fri 17-May-19 19:13:40

i had a ragdoll but someone stole him from my drive 7 weeks ago. I cannot express how upset i am.

jusnoneed Fri 17-May-19 19:08:16

lol, quite a character by the sound of it.
A friend of mine has two indoor cats (one Ragdoll and another big expensive beautiful furry creature) and she would come home to find items of her sons clothes on the stairs or in the living room etc. At first she thought he was dropping things as he went to the washing machine but realised that couldn't be the case. Quite by chance she caught the culprit, the cat, coming down the stairs dragging a tshirt! He would get up onto the high bed or wherever the clothes had been chucked and bring them downstairs.

blondenana Fri 17-May-19 19:07:20

Cats are funny creatures aren;t they?, one of mine once came running up the garden with a paper bag with half a sausage roll in it, goodness knows where she found it,
I dont have that cat now but still have 3 Ragdolls, and one of them tries her best to get my phone off me,when i am on it,also tobacco is like catnip to her, [not mine i don;t smoke]

phoenix Fri 17-May-19 18:59:16

Hello all,

Well, Mr P and I have reached agreement about Minnie, who joined our household from Cats Protection earlier this year.

It started with sponge stealing, those yellow/green ones used for washing up. I would go to wash up, no sponge, get a new one out.

Then I started finding the sponges on the bed confused, in the sitting room, the hall, plus the occasional dish cloth, and on one occasion, a rubber glove. Mr P protested innocence!

So, we worked out that it was Minnie, and decided that perhaps she might have been a scullery maid in a previous life smileand

She also has an odd approach to hunting, appearing once with something that looked like a mouse tail dangling from her mouth. It turned out to be an earthworm!

So today she came in through the kitchen window, making "that noise" (that I'm sure all cat owners know) that means "I am a hunter, and have brought my prey to you"

As I didn't want any mice/voles/shrews running riot, I chased her into the hall.

She was the proud possessor of a piece of cellophane confused although, by the look of it, it had put up quite a fight!

I honestly think that she is either incapable of not interested in hunting, for which I'm pleased, but if only she would apply such reticence to her windy pops!