Gransnet forums

Pets

I’m so sorry

(6 Posts)
watermeadow Tue 17-Mar-20 21:31:44

My dog kept barking, whining and being a pain for over an hour. I knew what she wanted, her ball, but refused to get it because she’s getting obsessed with it.
Then she made a huge puddle on the new carpet. I’d forgotten she had spent ages playing in the river and must have swallowed lots of water.
She’s never weed indoors since she was a baby. I feel so bad, she tried so hard to tell me she needed go out. How can I spoil her to make myself feel less guilty?

grannyrebel7 Tue 17-Mar-20 21:42:21

I'm sure she won't hold it against you! Give her a few treats and a big cuddle. I recognise that guilt you're talking about watermeadow I used to feel like that with my dog too if anything like that happened. It's silly but you can't help it!

sodapop Tue 17-Mar-20 22:03:36

An error of judgement watermeadow that's all, one small lapse in all the love and care you give your dog, she will love you unconditionally don't upset yourself over it.
A cuddle, a scratch and an extra biscuit all will be well.

NanaandGrampy Tue 17-Mar-20 22:43:35

Luckily your dogs love is unconditional watermeadow .it wouldn’t dawn on her to hold a grudge ( but a few extra treats or ball time wouldn’t be turned down ) ?

SueDonim Tue 17-Mar-20 23:00:43

Dogs live in the moment, she won’t remember it tomorrow. In fact, she probably doesn’t even remember it now! Don’t beat yourself up. flowers

ValerieF Wed 18-Mar-20 19:24:47

Agree don't beat yourself up over it! Your dog will forgive and forget. That's what I love so much about our four legged friends. x