Gransnet forums

Pets

Cat not eating dinner! I really was worried!

(16 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Thu 25-Jun-20 12:04:40

He wasn't loosing weight and eating his dried food and drinking water, but still... I was all het up!

LITTLE BRAT!

He's been hunting!

Mouse for breakfast and feathers all over the door-mat!

I'm off to the vet for worming tablets!

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 25-Jun-20 12:09:27

Can I book him for our first Cold Snap please? I’ll put him in our loft, hopefully he can catch the mice before they unpack their suitcases and move in for the Winter.

Rosalyn69 Thu 25-Jun-20 12:10:44

Good boy. ?
My Lily does that. Sometimes she eats them and then vomits up the undigested rodent.

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 25-Jun-20 12:21:21

Oh, don’t you just love ‘em!

Davidhs Thu 25-Jun-20 12:26:03

We had one that brought half grown rabbits home, he didn’t want his supper either!.

lemongrove Thu 25-Jun-20 13:06:11

Oopsadaisy3

Can I book him for our first Cold Snap please? I’ll put him in our loft, hopefully he can catch the mice before they unpack their suitcases and move in for the Winter.

May I book him for the second cold snap? grin

Oopsadaisy3 Thu 25-Jun-20 13:42:44

Phew I’m glad I got in first! There will be a waiting list

MaizieD Thu 25-Jun-20 13:51:42

Oh, they never catch what you want them to catch. The mice in the loft will be unmolested...

Mine catches baby rabbits, eats a bit, then the dog takes the rest and buries it somewhere. Cat rarely refuses food, though. He doesn't want me to know that he's capable of being self sufficient...

grandtanteJE65 Fri 26-Jun-20 13:03:23

I doubt he would leave the mice in a loft alone, but we live outside the UK, so I can't lend you him.

There reallly out to be a mouse and rat catching service run by cat owners!

humptydumpty Fri 26-Jun-20 13:37:52

My cat's been eating less too, but in her case I think it's the heat...

Chameleon007 Sat 27-Jun-20 11:39:34

My cat's been eating less too, but in her case I think it's the heat...

My car doesn't like the heat at all. Poor thing.

But on the plus side because of her we have no mice in the loft and haven't had since putting a small tub of soiled cat litter up there two years ago. Must refresh it this year just in case.

geekesse Sat 27-Jun-20 12:00:59

My cat isn’t a pet, she’s a hired killer whose job is pest control. I keep her on short rations and she makes up her diet mostly with mice, but on occasion she’ll think big - I’ve seen her with a dead rabbit and a mole in the past.

V3ra Sat 27-Jun-20 12:09:19

My vegan son loves his three cats but can't accept them killing other creatures.
He's put bells on their collars to give the wildlife a chance!

grandtanteJE65 Sat 27-Jun-20 13:14:33

Most cats can walk, run, jump and climb without the bell ringing, or simply take their collars off!

Willow500 Sat 27-Jun-20 21:16:09

I actually think my male cat is frightened of the birds now grin He sits in the garden watching them plodding about on the lawn eating his left over dinner (sometimes even out of his dish). He's not frightened of the mice however and I've found several body parts in our inside passage over the last few weeks. He always goes off his food for the rest of the day - his dad (aka husband) says it's remorse grin

The female is an indoor cat and so clumsy she struggles to jump on anything higher than 2 foot high so couldn't catch a bird if she tried grin

H1954 Sat 27-Jun-20 21:27:31

??????So very glad I don't have a cat! I just get all the ?????in my garden! ????