Gransnet forums

Pets

Show us your pets Lighthearted post

(73 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Sun 06-Sep-20 12:00:46

My cats mean the absolute world to me and help me so much when I’m feeling under the weather like now , here are my lovelies

Spangler Mon 19-Oct-20 19:33:40

The first one is Lulu, but it's Little Latin Lupe Loo to you. The second one Is Khandi, that's not a fancy way of spelling Candy because Khan is pronounced Carn. Her full name though has Candy connections, She's called Khandi Khoulered Khisses.
And the last one is Ruby-Mae. What else would you buy on your Ruby wedding anniversary than a cat whom you would name: Ruby Red-Sox? So glad we didn't get yet another on our golden wedding anniversary.

Gingster Mon 19-Oct-20 19:21:50

Elsie my little cockerpoo

Sparklefizz Mon 19-Oct-20 19:18:24

Wonderful photos! Feeling a bit down today and looking at these has given me a boost.

gmarie Mon 19-Oct-20 19:11:48

My two geriatric cats (18 and 19 years) and Oscar.

p1nkpr1ncess Mon 19-Oct-20 18:10:48

This is our 15 month old Dalmatian called Bluebell. She is fully deaf and is always up to mischief! She certainly has kept us occupied during lockdown

Toyoungtobeadamnedgran Mon 19-Oct-20 14:50:47

Sorry I'm late to the party, just been here a few days and still looking at the threads but What beautiful cats, I really need a cat cuddle I lost my beautiful baby 2 years ago and it still hurts, he was taken by the road and I wasn't with him when he passed, i still feel bad about that ?
I did collect him and now have his ashes, I still talk to them, sillyarent I. I still have my lovely dogs to keep me company but they are getting old now and I dread the day they aren't around
Nice dogs as well btw

Tigerdove Sun 04-Oct-20 14:47:35

Mickey and Sweep arguing about whose turn it is on the stool.

Ashcombe Sun 04-Oct-20 14:24:31

Cooler temperatures in la Sarthe have led to these siblings - Lola and Cooper - snuggling together! They are 15 years old and belong to DH, who has had them since they were kittens.

Kalu Sun 04-Oct-20 14:13:44

It does I deed Bellasnana, mores the pity.

It is so sad when we see evidence of the issues they still carry, experiences in our rescue pets earlier life. It’s such a joy when we do notice even the smallest change in their behaviour if even one issue no longer troubles them. Your sweet boy will show his loyalty to you for the love and care you give him.

Bellasnana Sun 04-Oct-20 13:57:41

Kalu, time flies doesn’t it! He’s a very sweet boy, still has a few issues due to his unhappy start in life, but he’s settled down a lot.

Kalu Fri 02-Oct-20 15:34:51

Can you please slow down a bit Bellasnana. ? I have only recently discovered what age your darling GD is now and it seems like only a few months ago Buzz had joined you. He is adorable.

Bellasnana Fri 02-Oct-20 11:05:08

This is Buzz. He was a street dog in Sicily where animals are not treated kindly at all.

He was brought to Malta when he was six months old and I adopted him. He’s four years old now and a very sweet boy.

lemongrove Fri 02-Oct-20 10:59:29

Wonderful pics of all your pets, it’s a real ‘lift’ to see them.?
No pets at the moment here ( after a lifetime of them) so I am enjoying seeing everyone else's.

Flossieturner Fri 02-Oct-20 10:16:24

My dog on the right on a play date with her best friend

ScotinOz Thu 01-Oct-20 10:52:47

Here are our 2 rescue Maremmas. 3 year old Charlie (on right) and 1 year old Maggie.

Charlie is so laid back while Maggie barks at everything and anything, and chews whatever we leave around!

Love them to bits ??

Willow500 Thu 01-Oct-20 10:12:26

Ah your 'other one' looks like my diva! I love my cats - we've had 5 others over the years - all special and all different characters smile

Katek Wed 30-Sep-20 23:50:20

The black and white one is called Gus, he’s 16, but as you can see from the pic he shows no signs of his age. The little one is our Persian x called Claudia. She’s half the size of Gus-he’s around 6+ kg! They’re both the friendliest of cats, and Gus in particular insists on sitting on visitor’s laps regardless of who they are!

Kalu Wed 30-Sep-20 22:28:55

Oops, forgot pic. ?

Kalu Wed 30-Sep-20 22:27:25

This is our rescue girl Poppy marking where she thought there might be a chance of sleeping in this chosen spot. ?

We have always had dogs and cats and other pets, sadly now gone and we jumped at the chance to take on this very nervous, mistreated girl who was only a year old and after patient TLC, she is now a very happy 7yr old.

Such beautiful pictures of all these adorable pets who share our lives.

Callistemon Wed 30-Sep-20 21:51:21

I still miss mine too, fatgran

But we made a conscious decision not to have another dog because we go away to visit family.
Sadly, no pets and can't go to see the family either for now.

However, I am enjoying seeing everyone else's much loved pets, thank you.

Oopsminty Wed 30-Sep-20 21:50:51

Alioop

I've just seen your photo of Ivy!

What a gorgeous dog. What breed is she?

Luckyoldbeethoven Wed 30-Sep-20 21:47:31

I went to the rescue centre and said to my husband, 'I definitely don't want a black and white cat'!. We came home with Erik and Sam and very wonderful they are too! I've always had a dog as well but cats are better if you want to be more able to come and go.

MawB2 Wed 30-Sep-20 21:41:18

fatgran57

Our little girl and an ornament lookalike!

She will have been dead one year next week and how we miss her.

You all have some beautiful pets, enjoying the photos.

sadsad fatgran - how we do miss them flowers

kircubbin2000 Wed 30-Sep-20 20:54:22

Thomas, the new cat,was allowed out for the first time yesterday. Today I heard a screaming hoard of seagulls and about 20 magpie. When I went out he was on the roof stalking a magpie and the seagulls were dive bombing him . I thought they might kill him. He is mad.

seacliff Wed 30-Sep-20 19:00:02

OHHH... all so lovely