Gransnet forums

Pets

Intelligent pets

(80 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sat 24-Oct-20 09:38:20

Just sat slobbing in front of the tv as wet and very windy. Watching about pets intelligence.

My question: what is the most intelligent thing your pet has ever done?

My answer: DH and dog got separated on walk. Duncan the Cairn found someone he had previously met and kept on and on nudging the chaps legs. Eventually the chap cottoned on and off they went together to find DH which they eventually did. Meanwhile the chap had phoned for an ambulance as he knew of DHs heart problem But that is another story??. Just to say a lesson was learned!

GagaJo Sun 25-Oct-20 20:43:17

I had a flatmate once with 4 cats. The oldest cat was originally a stray. My flatmate was the cats third owner. The first owner had emigrated, necessitating a LOT of packing.

The poor cat always associated suitcases with being left and would get distressed whenever she saw them being packed. Fortunately for her (and the other 3) my lovely friend is devoted to her feline babies.

arosebyanyothername Sun 25-Oct-20 20:43:44

Our cat has trained DH!

melp1 Mon 26-Oct-20 12:03:57

Love these posts!
Our dog is only allowed on the old sofa in the conservatory, if she wants to change sides and your sitting where she wants to be (and the starring at you doesn't work) she will go to the door to be let out so you get up and then run back to the sofa and pinch your seat.
She is also aware that my husband needs to sit down sometimes when we're out on a long walk and will go and wait beside a bench. He says its uncanny how she knows his legs are starting to hurt. She's a weimaraner.

BelindaB Wed 28-Oct-20 14:19:31

Many years ago (about 4o-ish) my dog, an Alsation named Lucky, opened the front door and let the plumber in.

Neither the dog nor the plumber seemed to find it unusual....