Gransnet forums

Pets

Care to share photos of your garden friends?

(30 Posts)
Dragonella Fri 19-Feb-21 17:34:13

This is Speckled Jim, an exceptionally well-nourished baby herring gull who visits our garden every day to squeak piteously until food is put on the bird table. His parents, Gulliver and Gullible, sometimes get there first, which is probably just as well, as he will soon be too fat to fly! (Perhaps I should change MY name to 'Gullible.')

I'd love to see some of your garden birds and animals.

Greyduster Sat 27-Feb-21 08:49:30

We have had a couple of visits from this chap; we don’t always see him, but he leaves his calling card? ☹️.

seacliff Sat 27-Feb-21 11:05:54

Great photos. I know that red deer come up the field at night, we have seen them on our wildlife camera and I see the footprints at the edge of the pond. Only very occasionally glimpsed a fox but I am sure they are around. Much more likely to see them in cities I think.

OldBiddyVera Mon 01-Mar-21 12:11:21

We seem to have a few Robins ?over here at Christmas?, to be honest I would love❤️ a parrot??. Stunning to look at honestly! I have a cat ?that is indoor, during the summer he loves to have a good look and sniff of the back garden?. He once fell out of the window backwards, poor soul came back running to the front door?!! I don't really enjoy gardening but I guess it's all worth it for the beautiful creatures you see.... Stay safe everyone and hope to see more wonderful creatures in the future❤️?????.

Dragonella Tue 02-Mar-21 10:46:50

Lovely pics - was Dylan a stray, Patsy70?

What sort of bird is that Greyduster?

I need a hedgehog now sad