Gransnet forums

Pets

I have just seen this, don’t look if the sight of a starving dog upset you

(43 Posts)
Shinamae Thu 10-Mar-22 18:04:19

I really have no words except that their sentences are far,far too lenient ?

MayBee70 Sat 12-Mar-22 19:36:52

Yes. Tiggy was taken to BARK, the animal recuse centre in Berwick. Enzo is still there.

Shinamae Sat 12-Mar-22 18:09:52

I’m just glad there are photos of their pathetic faces so people will know who they are and what they’ve done ….. I might be wrong but I think I read they were from Northumberland

V3ra Sat 12-Mar-22 15:13:41

We took on a four year old rescue dog who had been similarly neglected.
He'd been in the RSPCA kennels for three months when we adopted him but you could still see the vertebrae in his spine, he'd been so underweight. He still had bad skin from a flea infestation.
He'd lived with a family in our town and was basically turned out of the house every day and just ran around the streets with all the local children. He nearly went under a bus and the RSPCA took him in, then we found him.
After a couple of months we had a visit from the RSPCA to check if he'd settled in ok.
The inspector had tears in her eyes and said she was so glad she'd made the difficult decision to take him off the previous family.
He had the nicest nature and was wonderful with my minded children. We had him a further fourteen years; he was a legend.
RIP Casper.

Iam64 Sat 12-Mar-22 13:09:25

Ohmother, or with anyone else

Ohmother Sat 12-Mar-22 09:29:38

Please tell me they’ll never have kids together. ??

Shinamae Sat 12-Mar-22 09:16:34

Whitewavemark2

Pity we haven’t got a picture of the recovered dog to cheer us up.

There is a picture of tiggy recovered, it is the small picture in the article.. what I can’t get over is that it must’ve taken months to get that poor dog in that state and they must’ve been enjoying watching him suffer for all that time And yes I would publicly birch them given the opportunity then three years in prison with just bread and water barely enough to keep THEM alive ??

Iam64 Sat 12-Mar-22 07:42:13

Thanks Coastpath and MayBe70 for that information. What strange behaviour all round from the owners.
I hope these dogs can be successfully adopted but a staffing with behavioural problems won’t be easy to place or care for.

My experience of rescues is its 3-6 months before their true personalities show. I’ve been very lucky in having 3 who became legends in our family.

Cruelty to children and animals is so distressing

Coastpath Fri 11-Mar-22 15:38:18

It is so easy to keep a dog well. I'm reminded of A Little Dog's Prayer.

A master who is firm and kind.
And understands a doggy mind;
A walkies and a meal each day -
That's all I ask for when I pray.

Gongoozler Fri 11-Mar-22 15:30:29

Heart rending, terrible to think there are animals about in this condition.
Glad there was a happy outcome for the dog.

MayBee70 Fri 11-Mar-22 15:29:15

Coastpath

Iam64 The couple themselves reported the dog to the local council. They lied and said they had found it abandoned. After an appeal people came forward and said the pair had actually owned the dog themselves.

The rotten swines also had another dog, a staffy which whilst not starved was very thin and had mites. Poor little souls.

The Staffie is still at Berwick rescue centre. They are looking to rehome him but I assume, given it’s taking a long time to do so, he has behavioural problems.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 11-Mar-22 15:25:22

Why do people like these have animals?

Coastpath Fri 11-Mar-22 15:18:59

Iam64 The couple themselves reported the dog to the local council. They lied and said they had found it abandoned. After an appeal people came forward and said the pair had actually owned the dog themselves.

The rotten swines also had another dog, a staffy which whilst not starved was very thin and had mites. Poor little souls.

Iam64 Fri 11-Mar-22 13:59:23

Miss A ‘these people’ seem to find each other and not challeng. I wonder how the rspca got involved. Maybe someone they know couldn’t stand seeing this poor dog and made a call

MissAdventure Fri 11-Mar-22 10:19:46

Do these "people" have friends/family?
Where are they when this is going on?

timetogo2016 Fri 11-Mar-22 10:18:50

Evil scum bags.
I hope the inmates get wind ofwhat they have done,i`m pretty sure they will do something to the evil pair.

Iam64 Fri 11-Mar-22 10:16:49

These are all too often the same type/personality who torture and abuse the children in their care

JaneJudge Fri 11-Mar-22 10:15:46

I'm glad the dog is okay now

JaneJudge Fri 11-Mar-22 10:15:22

why do people do this? I really do not understand.

No one is forced to keep a pet, so why get one and do something like this? It just does not make sense

MissAdventure Fri 11-Mar-22 10:14:14

Pair of absolute scumbags!! angry
I'd spit in their food if I was in prison with them.
Disgusting, foul, lowlifes.

HowVeryDareYou Fri 11-Mar-22 10:12:23

I can't understand how apparently normal people can go about their day-to-day lives - working, cooking dinner, seeing friends, etc., all the while knowing that they haven't fed their pet for days/weeks. People like this vile pair need to go to prison for years, and they should have limited rations of food whilst in there.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 11-Mar-22 09:11:04

I really don’t understand how anyone can treat an animal so appallingly. Presumably they were stuffing their faces whilst it starved. How could they? I’m so pleased that he was saved and brought back to health.

Shelflife Fri 11-Mar-22 08:42:35

Hard to believe how anyone can be so cruel. Makes me wonder what else this couple are capable of!! Good to learn Tiggy is now recovered and happy.

Iam64 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:39:42

Thanks Jaxjacky ?

Whitewavemark2 Fri 11-Mar-22 08:24:57

Excellent?

Jaxjacky Fri 11-Mar-22 08:21:24

WW2
Not a very good one but..