Gransnet forums

Pets

Dog bathing at home or take to groomer

(28 Posts)
Mazgg Thu 16-Jun-22 12:18:39

I am no longer able to put my dogs in the bath and wondered if anyone has one of those dog baths for the garden? Now the weather is warmer it would be possible to do this outside. I would have to carry buckets of hot water and fill up with hose to right temperature. A bit of a palava. The alternative is to take them to a dog groomer which might be expensive and don't know how they would react to this. They are an elderly Jack Russel and a Labrador. I would be grateful for any kind suggestions.

Mazgg Mon 20-Jun-22 08:17:11

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I don't bath them very often - they don't often roll in anything smelly now they are elderly. When they were younger if they rolled in fox poo I was advised to rub tomato ketchup in to neutralise the smell then clean in the normal way. I carried a bottle of tomato ketchup in the car! It made the journey home bearable.
I have located a mobile dog groomer who covers this area so I am going to give them a go.

Barmeyoldbat Mon 20-Jun-22 08:52:26

I only tried once to get my springer into the bath, after that I just use to hose him down in the garden and that was no problem.