Gransnet forums

Pets

”I meant to do that!”

(9 Posts)
grannydarkhair Fri 10-Feb-23 15:50:14

I’m not really a cat fan, but I love this wee clip 😁

twitter.com/buitengebieden/status/1623076705672781825?s=61&t=kmiZke6FykfeOCvQk2IZAA

sodapop Fri 10-Feb-23 15:54:56

Love it - great smile

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Feb-23 15:58:06

He may well have meant to do it - animals love sliding.
I’ve seen cats, seals, penguins and goats all enjoying sliding activities.

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Feb-23 16:02:31

A cat who loves to slide!
www.reddit.com/r/Thisismylifemeow/comments/q86rds/again_please/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

grannydarkhair Fri 10-Feb-23 16:06:45

Fanny I’ve seen several clips of dogs sliding on sledges on the snow, they all really appeared to be enjoying themselves.

AGAA4 Fri 10-Feb-23 16:12:30

Cats have nine lives they are allowed to be dare devils.

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Feb-23 16:18:48

GDH Yes, its wonderful to see animals at play.
It’s supposed to be purely of evolutionary benefit - but I’m sure that they are showing sheer joy too smile

Whitewavemark2 Fri 10-Feb-23 16:37:43

Yes on Twitter there was a video of a dog sliding down a hill on a sledge, picking it up and dashing up the hill to slide down it again.

There is so much on twitter that shows intelligence in animals and the ability to have fun. They are undoubtedly sentient beings and I think misunderstanding of them causes enormous suffering.

Another shows a baby elephant playing with ducks and he trips and falls over. Just like any human child he dashes to his mum who in turn comes running to his rescue.

grandtanteJE65 Sat 11-Feb-23 14:21:36

It would not suprise me at all if my two start that game one day!

My ten month old Trubel still chases her tail and her favourite toy is still a strip of cloth I cut off material I was sewing in to straighten an edge. I knotted it twice in the middle and gave it to her to play with.

Her brother Tigger was allowed by her to play with it today, as his is in the wash! Otherwise he is told smartly to play with his own "rag-doll" or rather "rag-mouse".