Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Dyson Digital Slim DC44 Tester feedback review thread – Non testers – you could win a Dyson

(86 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 27-Dec-12 09:51:57

This thread is for the testers currently putting the Dyson DigitalSlim DC44 through its paces this festive season.

Once you've received the Dyson and have had a play please let us know your first impressions.

Then let us know - across the next couple of weeks - how you're getting on with the challenges (do also let us know if you've invented or discovered any other ways the Dyson helped out!).

Here's what Dyson say about their challenges:

The balance challenge - "We know that often busy grandparents need to
multitask. So can you still vacuum with the Dyson digital slim whilst the other hand is doing something else - chatting on the phone, cooking, putting things away (you name it)"?

The versatility challenge - "how useful are the different attachments in cleaning those hard to reach places?"

The cobweb challenge - "can you reach those high up cobwebs that have
been lurking there for a while?"

The family mess challenge - "pets, grandchildren, mud, crisps, crumbs? what family mess can the Dyson digital slim pick up?"

The 20 minute dash challenge - Guests turning up announced?  How much of the house can you clean in 20 minutes with the Dyson digital slim?

You will need to add feedback at least twice - once everyone has added
their feedback on the challenges we'll add some questions to find out your
overall views.

If you're not a tester, we've persuaded Dyson to give one lucky gransnetter the Dyson machine of their choice - all you need to do is, on this thread, share your cleaning tips and/or the hardest place you've had to reach when cleaning and you'll be entered into a prize draw to win a Dyson (could be vacuum, an Air Multiplier fan or a Dyson Hot).

Good luck!

NfkDumpling Tue 15-Jan-13 07:45:42

Having posted that I find cleaning under the middle of the bed impossible as I can only move the bed 18 inches or so before hitting furniture, I've been trying to think of a design for an attachment. Perhaps a long slightly flattened tube with a curvy flattened end? Please Mr Dyson?

I've thought of several other places it would come in useful for too. Like behind radiators, the sides of the fridge or sucking up the loose change down the back of the sofa (reaching down there really hurts as the sofa doesn't like giving me my hand back).

annodomini Tue 15-Jan-13 08:22:25

mrsmopp, I had a look at the DC34, but it seems to be only a hand-held version - ie not an upright. Good for stairs, but not much else.

mrsmopp Fri 25-Jan-13 17:02:46

Oh thanks anno, hadn't realised.
How long does it take to charge up the DC44? It would put me off if it took a long time because the actual run time is rather short.
I think the motor would peter out before I finished....

petallus Fri 25-Jan-13 19:53:43

The DC44 takes five and a half hours to fully charge. Then you get 20 mins run time or 8 minutes if you put it on extra suck.

Ella46 Fri 25-Jan-13 22:49:12

I think the five and a half hours is only the initial charge, after that it doesn't take too long.
Well, mine doesn't seem to take very long.

grannyactivist Fri 25-Jan-13 23:18:50

I have a really big house; five rooms downstairs (plus hall). The DC44 is so quick and easy to use that I now vacuum every day so the floors just need a really quick going over. I've only once run out of juice (during one of the first few days of using it) and it doesn't 'peter out', it just stops dead. I have no idea how long it takes to re-charge because I've never needed to wait for it.

GrannyGoose Fri 18-Apr-14 01:14:48

Solution to "trigger lock" problem:
Paper Mate Pink Pearl Eraser approximately 13/16 inch wide. Insert eraser in the gap between trigger base - the 13/16 dimension will keep the trigger on. Simply twist the 13/16 dimension to the vertical position to release the trigger.

GrannyGoose Fri 18-Apr-14 01:18:12

Correction:
Solution to "trigger lock" problem:
Paper Mate Pink Pearl Eraser approximately 13/16 inch wide. Insert eraser in the gap between trigger and the base - the 13/16 dimension will keep the trigger on. Simply twist the 13/16 dimension to the vertical position to release the trigger.

Coolgran65 Sat 05-Jul-14 03:21:10

love my DC44.
It only ran out of juice the first time I was using it and I was trying to do a whole house clean with it. It was recharged and I finished the full job. Now I never get caught out. It's so easy to being out and use that I use it more frequently but for less time. Do upstairs. Next day maybe do downstairs. Love it to bits. I thought it was just a gimic. Then DDiL got one, showed it to be, I borrowed it for a day and just had to have one.

daisydaisy1965 Wed 25-Nov-15 10:19:20

Hi! I have two cats and hoovering is my everyday chore. Hair are absolutely everywhere and good quality hoover is a must. I use special turbo attachment. i am fed up with heavy corded hoovers and winning Dyson would really make my life much easier. as i am getting older cleaning is so tiring.