Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion – Gransnetter reviewer feedback thread

(39 Posts)
KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 18-Mar-13 09:51:25

This thread is for the 10 Gransnetters who have been trying out Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion.
Here's what Estée Lauder says about the product: "A super-potent serum, with anti-ageing technology, it helps significantly reduce the appearance of signs of damage from environmental assaults. Eyes look more beautiful, luminous, younger."

Below are some questions for you to answer.

Every Gransnetter who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a goody bag of Estée Lauder products worth over £180!

1. After using the Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion, did you see any changes to the look and/or feel of the following areas? If so please give details.
- Fine lines
- Wrinkles
- Dark circles
- Dryness
- Puffiness.

2. What three words would you say best describes this product?

3. Do you think you will continue to use Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion in the future? If so why? If not why not?

4. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend it to a friend? If so, why? If not, why not?

Please also remember to add a review to our beauty reviews section on Gransnet.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw!

GNHQ

* Estée lauder invited 10 Gransnetters to try New Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion for 1 month. The views expressed on this thread are the personal views of these Gransnetters and do not necessarily reflect the views of Estée Lauder.

glammanana Mon 18-Mar-13 10:23:22

Thank you for the opportunily of trying the *New Advanced Night Repair Serum Infusion*After 1 month of nightly use I can report the following......

1) I am lucky enough to have no visable signs of deep wrinkles but can say my under eye skin is definatley smoother brighter and showing no signs of early morning puffines.
2) Best Kept Secret.
3) I will continue to use this product,it feels good on the skin and has tightened under the eye's to some degree,by the time The Wedding comes around I may look 40ish.
4) I would certainly recommend this product to a friend as we should all have the opportunity to hold back the years and feel good within ourselves.

These are my true feelings on the product tested.

Movedalot Mon 18-Mar-13 11:04:43

Thanks for the product, I have enjoyed using it.

1. After using the Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion, did you see any changes to the look and/or feel of the following areas? If so please give details.
- Fine lines - No difference but I don't think I had mane
- Wrinkles - as above
- Dark circles - didn't have them
- Dryness - improved and seems softer
- Puffiness.- improved quite a bit

2. What three words would you say best describes this product? Simple eye solution

3. Do you think you will continue to use Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion in the future? If so why? If not why not? - yes I will

4. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend it to a friend? If so, why? If not, why not? If I were asked the direct question I would defininately recommend it but I am not prone to giving anasked for advice.

I would really like to know why there are different products for day and night. Does our skin know the time of day?

janthea Mon 18-Mar-13 13:50:22

- Fine lines - the lines are less defined and look and have improved significantly
- Wrinkles - didn't really have many wrinkles
- Dark circles - There is more light around the eyes and the circles have nearly gone
- Dryness Skin feels so much more hydrated than before
- Puffiness. didn't really suffer from puffiness

2. What three words would you say best describes this product? OMG OMG omg!!

3. Do you think you will continue to use Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion in the future? If so why? If not why not? YES - definitely. It's a really good product to use and the benefits are clear to see

4. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend it to a friend? If so, why? If not, why not? YES! It's one of the best products I've used. Your skin feels really good after using it

soop Mon 18-Mar-13 14:02:01

What I want to know is...where did my sample go? wink

glammanana Mon 18-Mar-13 14:05:27

soop you are perfect you don't need it.smile

soop Mon 18-Mar-13 14:07:21

glamma you have a way with words...grin

barbadosgan Mon 18-Mar-13 20:46:28

As I live in Barbados I had to wait to get my sample so only started using it on March 4th.
- Fine lines - they are definitely softer looking and less defined

- Wrinkles - not sure of difference between lines and wrinkles so see above

- Dark circles - I get so much sleep here I don't have them

- Dryness - definitely helped with hydration

- Puffiness - didn't have any in the first place

Super smoothing serum

3. Do you think you will continue to use Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion in the future? If so why? If not why not? Yes I will - I already use Advanced night repair on the rest of my face so it will be a natural add on.

4. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend it to a friend? If so, why? If not, why not? I would recommend it because it has made a visible difference.This information needs to be shared!

baubles Tue 19-Mar-13 17:35:40

- Fine lines - can't see any difference
- Wrinkles - no difference
- Dark circles - again no difference
- Dryness - yes, there is a definite improvement in
- Puffiness. - didn't have any puffiness to begin with

Luxurious, hydrating, softening.

3. Do you think you will continue to use Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion in the future? If so why? If not why not?

I will continue to use it as I do feel that the skin around my eyes is fresher looking.

4. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend it to a friend? If so, why? If not, why not?

In the unlikely event of the subject of eye creams popping up in conversation I would recommend it based on the replies to 2 & 3.

Please also remember to add a review to our beauty reviews section on Gransnet.

Thank you for the opportunity to try out the product smile

Noni Tue 19-Mar-13 19:13:34

- Fine lines -Definitely some improvement
- Wrinkles - Luckily I don't have wrinkles around my eyes, unless I laugh, when I haven't seen an improvement sadly.
- Dark circles- Yes, a slight improvement.
- Dryness - Not dry beforehand, so can't comment, but feels hydrating.
- Puffiness. - Sadly no improvement

2. What three words would you say best describes this product? - Light, non greasy, nice to use. (sorry more than 3 words)

3. Do you think you will continue to use Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion in the future? If so why? If not why not? - Depends on the price! If over £50, then no, otherwise yes. It feels good on application and seems to be a slight improvement but not worth more than £50 (although I don't know how long it lasts?)

4. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend it to a friend? If so, why? If not, why not? -I would if asked, because of the results, the way it is easily applied and because it feels good once applied.

NfkDumpling Tue 19-Mar-13 21:25:03

Since I didn't get chosen for a sample, I just looked up the price - £45. Has anyone used Avon Anew? I'd really like to know how it compares as Avon is a whole lot cheaper.

Galen Tue 19-Mar-13 22:04:24

I've just ordered some of the Estée as I didn't get a samplesad but I'll try it then give unbiased feedback!

glammanana Wed 20-Mar-13 09:27:35

Nfk unfortunatley I can't use Avon products as they tend to leave my skin with a burning feeling I have tried a few of their products with the same effect.

Irene16 Wed 20-Mar-13 09:35:35

- Fine lines

I'm luck that I only have a few fine lines beneath the eye and some creases at the outer corner from being in the sun. I did notice that the appearance of these softened and they were not so noticeable

- Wrinkles

Does't really apply

- Dark circles

I don't have these

- Dryness

I have found that the skin under my eyes does get very dry and as most face creams need to avoid the eye area this is a problem. I found that this serum nicely moisturised the under eye area and left the skin looking fresher and applying foundation afterwards was much easier. The foundation sat nicely on the skin and didn't look dried out

- Puffiness.

I don't have puffiness but I did find that I enjoyed following the instructions and tapping the serum into the skin under the eye. I can imaging that if you experienced puffy eyes this would be a benefit

premium, pleasurable, effective

I would definitely put it in my Pinterest list of 'pressies I would like to receive'. I think it is a premium product and is priced as such but I think it could be economical as it only takes a small amount so the pump would last some time.

If I was having a girly shop day with a friend who was looking for this type of product I would certainly recommend it

Ana Wed 20-Mar-13 20:41:41

Irene16 - I am curious as to how old you are if you have no wrinkles, dark circles or puffiness! Are you, in fact, only 16? grin Seriously, you are very lucky if you're a gran and have such good skin!

fluffy Thu 21-Mar-13 09:06:57

Hi - cant seem to work out how to copy and paste in iPad so I'm scrolling up and down like mad to answer the questions - here goes :
1. Did I see any changes in all those areas - not really but then touch wood don't have puffiness etc
2. Three words to describe - luxurious, fragrant, feels nice and silky on skin , nice packaging! Sorry that's not three words.
3. Will I continue to use - I think I might use the sample up but not sure if I would actually buy it.
4. Would I recommend to a friend? Maybe if they had bad wrinkles.
I haven't got a lot of wrinkles but do have quite a few lines when I smile but don't think anything would change these!

baubles Thu 21-Mar-13 17:50:25

Looks like I was the only wrinkly tester envy

Elegran Thu 21-Mar-13 18:10:24

The only one who is admitting to any, Baubles

NfkDumpling Thu 21-Mar-13 18:27:47

Picking someone as a tester with no wrinklies, dark circles or puffiness is cheating. Now, I would have been a real challenge!

soop Thu 21-Mar-13 18:31:42

Baubles You are beautiful. So there! smile

Ana Thu 21-Mar-13 18:49:59

I agree, Nfk! It was wasted on them...wink

Ana Thu 21-Mar-13 18:51:57

Actually, it was quite interesting reading the Mumsnet reviews on this product. Not many were impressed - probably the wrong age-group.

Soupy Sat 23-Mar-13 22:46:42

- Fine lines
- Wrinkles
- Dark circles
- Dryness
- Puffiness.

I think my eyes must be beyond repair as I still have all of the above! DH has taken photos for me each week but I honestly cannot say that I have noticed a difference.

Light, liquid, quality

I will continue in hope but won't buy any more as I don't feel it's making a difference. I also find it too liquid; would prefer a cream.

I would certainly tell others to try it but it just hasn't worked for me although I think it is a quality product.

Elegran Sat 30-Mar-13 00:15:42

If you do the jigsaws on Jigidi DO NOT be caught by an ad for "testers wanted for beauty products". They will send you samples of anti-wrinkle creams etc for "just the postage". If you read the terms and conditions (I did not!! until after I had sent them the postage) you find that you have them to evaluate, and if you don't return them within a fortnight, they will then remove the full value from your account. After that they will send you more each month - and remove the full amount (about £70) from your account each month. Googling them found that many people have been unable to stop this.

I have shifted all but a couple of pounds from my current account to a different accoiunt, so they could be disappointed if they try that on me. It has happened on the evening of Good Friday, so I was lucky to have internet banking, otherwise I would have had to wait until Tuesday to contact my bank.

Elegran Sat 30-Mar-13 00:19:57

I must add that this is nothing to do with the genuine testing in previous posts. I put it on here because I thought that those of us with an interest in eye products might be tempted to "test" other beauty products.

The name of the firms involved are Collagenta and Dead Sea Kit.