Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

(87 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 02-Oct-13 17:37:25

We've been asked by Boots UK to find 100 gransnetters to try out their new No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night Serum.

Here’s what Boots UK have to say, “No7 is the UK’s leading skincare brand who’s ambition is to allow women to tell their story through their own voice. NEW No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night Serum is specially formulated for more mature skin and actively targets the five key signs of ageing: wrinkles, lack of firmness, uneven pigmentation, fragility and dull skin. In clinical trials, after four weeks of use, both light reflecting characteristics and levels of natural moisture return to similar levels of younger skin. We’ve had great feedback so far, but we’d love to hear what gransnetters think about the product as well!”

This product test is open to all UK gransnetters. If you are selected to take part, you’ll be sent 2x15ml No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night Serum to try. You would need to use the product each day and night for at least 4 but preferably 8 weeks and then add your feedback to the feedback thread on Gransnet (we'll send you a link to this nearer the time).

Everyone who takes part and adds their comments will be entered into a prize draw to win a No7 skincare bundle worth over £100.

Boots may use any comments posted on this thread in marketing, editorial and/or promotional material so please only post if you are happy with that.

If you’re allergic to any ingredients found in cosmetics please check the ingredients of the serums.

If you’re interested in taking part please fill out the sign up form here.

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

View the full Terms and Conditions here.

bookdreamer Wed 02-Oct-13 18:36:41

I have tried this before and thought it was very good. Just expensive to keep buying. I have very dry skin and always felt the need to put a lot of it on. When I did my skin felt great.

annodomini Wed 02-Oct-13 19:42:17

I seem to have acquired a few more lines recently. I wonder if this product would help me to turn back the clock. I'll volunteer to take part!

annsixty Wed 02-Oct-13 19:48:43

Only recently*anno*? I have already volunteered and have my fingers firmly crossed,but as they ask for your age I am not holding my breath.

nightowl Wed 02-Oct-13 20:49:24

Boots' animal testing policy is vague and evasive. They do not state clearly whether the ingredients they use are tested on animals. In addition, I understand that Boots have big plans to increase their operations in China. I am aware that any cosmetics sold in China must by law be tested on animals, even when they are not tested in their country of origin. It is not clear whether Boots sell cosmetic products in China but I prefer to use products from companies that are transparent about their policies and certified cruelty free.

shelby75 Wed 02-Oct-13 21:17:35

I always go back to this, just to see. Every time, after a week of use the renew and restore products bring me out in spots. Every time. Think I've learnt my lesson now.

Gally Wed 02-Oct-13 21:30:09

I have tried No.7 products before and like the texture of the serum - very soothing - not sure if it improved my wrinkles but it certainly made my skin feel softer - perhaps it was psychological wink but anything that helps at this stage of life and possibly contains a magic ingredient, can only be a bonus! It is quite expensive compared to some creams and potions but on the upside, the tubes are very lightweight which is good when travelling which I do often. Why do most skin care products come in heavy 'china' type pots - ok if you aren't going anywhere but useless when restricted on weight?

Tegan Wed 02-Oct-13 21:49:09

I've been using Protect and Perfect serum for ages [ever since finding that it was a good base for foundation]. Haven't used the new Day and Night serum, though. Started using a lot of No7 products when I could no longer buy Almay.

glammanana Wed 02-Oct-13 23:23:42

I have used various No7 products for a few years and they have always suited my skin,some brands seem to make my skin feeling far to tight and uncomfortable but No7 has always seemed more sensitive to my skin type.

MaggieP Wed 02-Oct-13 23:53:57

I too am a fan of the No7 serums and hope I have less lines....! Its good value and I no longer use Clarins which I found very expensive and no better.

janthea Thu 03-Oct-13 09:49:37

I'm a fan of No. 7 too. I use their Protect and Perfect and Life and Illuminate products. I love their BB cream and Primer. Their mascara is brilliant.

Charleygirl Thu 03-Oct-13 11:05:40

I have added my name and will keep my fingers crossed. I wonder if they are going to extend the age range or keep within a narrow age margin. Time will tell.

Hebs Thu 03-Oct-13 11:57:42

As there are no chemists or beauty shops here, where I can buy new products to try, I should like to take part so that if it works, and I'm sure it will, I can then buy on line.

janerowena Thu 03-Oct-13 14:41:27

I sometimes think that only an acid bath would sort me out. Still, I live in hope eternal and it would be nice to be able to try something out long term and not just from a free sachet that sometimes doesn't even cover your face.

If I find that something doesn't work I then use it as a skin softener on my feet. grin

Gally Thu 03-Oct-13 15:04:34

Jane grin

cazthebookworm Thu 03-Oct-13 19:51:29

I have used No.7 products for most of my life and currently, their Protect and Perfect range, and their BB cream are in my bathroom. I am very lucky to often be complimented on looking much younger than I actually am in years, whether that is due to the products or to good genes, I have no idea, but I always feel very flattered (and grateful.)

Riverwalk Thu 03-Oct-13 20:35:40

caz I think you'll find that all Gransnetters look younger than their years and are all rather gorgeous. wink

annodomini Thu 03-Oct-13 21:05:47

Oh Riverwalk, that is so touching!

psg1968 Fri 04-Oct-13 14:01:15

Hi have signed up to try as would love the chance to see if it has any effect on my fine lines smile

vivianallman Fri 04-Oct-13 14:02:01

would love to try this smile

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 04-Oct-13 15:03:16

Hi nightowl
Regarding the queries about animal testing and their operations in China, a Boots UK Spokesperson would like to say the following:
“Thank you for your comment – we are disappointed that you feel this way. The issue of animal testing on products and raw materials is one we take very seriously at Boots UK. Let me reassure you that we do not sell any skincare, cosmetics, toiletries or healthcare products in China.
For over 20 years our policy for cosmetics and toiletries has been that we do not carry out, or ask our suppliers to carry out on our behalf, animal testing on either ingredients or finished products. We would like to see an end to all animal testing, and we fully support the development of the ban on further animal testing on ingredients within the most recent 2013 EU Cosmetic Regulation.”

janie123 Fri 04-Oct-13 15:43:04

I have used No. 7 on and off for years, and I would love to try out these creams. I could do with a bit of help to look a bit younger!

nightowl Fri 04-Oct-13 15:52:52

Thank you Lara. And thank you to the Boots UK spokesperson for the answer smile

Pamaga Fri 04-Oct-13 17:27:08

I'd love to test the No 7 serum. I have used the make-up for years but have tended to use products by Yves Rocher serum for other skin care - also products like Eucerin dry skin cream. I have quite a sensitive skin and am concerned about erupting in a rash if I use something different but I trust Boots and certainly the make-up gives me no problems.
I am 66 now and probably need to use a wider range of skincare products than I have done in the past so this would afford me a great opportunity to branch out a bit.

mrsredboots Fri 04-Oct-13 19:02:49

I would love to test it, if there is still space. I have just bought some no 7 night cream - not the Protect and Perfect one - as it is so lovely and light. My favourite moisturisers are from L'Occitane en Provence and Elemis, but I can't normally afford them!