Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Boots No7 feedback thread – win a No7 skincare hamper worth £100 NOW CLOSED

(266 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 21-Oct-13 10:46:05

This thread is for the 100 gransnetters who have been chosen to trial No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night serum.

Here’s what Boots had to say, “No7 is the UK’s leading skincare brand. NEW No7 Restore& Renew Day & Night Serum is specifically formulated for more mature skin and actively targets the five key signs of ageing: wrinkles, lack of firmness, uneven pigmentation, fragility and dull skin. In clinical trials, after four weeks of use, both light-reflecting characteristics and levels of natural moisture return to similar levels of younger skin. New Restore & Renew Day & Night Serum is our fourth clinically proven serum meaning that we have a clinically proven serum for every stage of a woman’s life. We have had great results from our clinical trial and user testing, but we’d love to hear what gransnetters think about the product as well.”

We’d like you to use the product each day and night for at least four weeks, but preferably for the full eight weeks. Feel free to post your feedback on this thread as often as you like while using the serums.

When you're ready please answer the following questions:

Q1: What were your overall impressions of No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night serum?

Q2. After using Restore & Renew Day & Night serum for four weeks, how significantly has your skin changed in the following areas? If so please give details.
· Lines and wrinkles
· Firmness
· Pigmentation
· Fragility
· Skin’s radiance

Q3. The RRP for No7 Restore & Renew Day & Night serum is £24.95, do you think you'd be likely to buy the product again or not? If so, why? If not, why not?

Q4. If it came up in conversation, would you recommend the serums to a friend? If so, why? If not, why not?

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a No7 skincare bundle worth over £100.

Please note, Boots may use any comments posted on this thread in marketing, editorial and/or promotional material so please only post if you are happy with this.

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

Marion6 Tue 22-Oct-13 09:10:14

I've now been using the serum for 4 days and am putting on a small amount but I'm not convinced how long it will last. The colour differentiation is useful and the serum goes on smoothly. Too early to tell if it is having any effect. I'm continuing using my usual Simple moisturiser on the basis of only changing one variable. This serum isn't cheap so it will have to prove to be making a noticeable difference by the end of the trial for me to actually buy it.

cupcake1 Tue 22-Oct-13 14:53:01

Started using mine 4 days ago and I must admit when the package came I re-examined it to see if I could find the rest of the product as the two 15ml tubes seemed a tad 'sparse' to last four weeks! confused I made the decision not to use on my neck as it would literally be gone in no time! I appreciate this is to be used under a moisturiser and it is still early days but I would have to think very carefully about splashing out £24.95 - it would have to have miraculous results for me to entertain spending that sort of money every couple of weeks. What I have found so far is it does leave my face feeling soft and I get a definite 'glow' when applied. I will continue to use it until it is gone and report back then with my final deliberations!! wink wink

ChrissyW Tue 22-Oct-13 15:26:43

Well week 1 of the No7 serum trial and the one difference I have noticed is that my skin feels firmer, in fact a little too 'tight' for me! I agree with an earlier comment about the perfume, the night serum is quite heavily scented and not quite to my liking. That said the serums do apply smoothly and absorb quickly but the two tubes will not last the full 8 weeks. Pricewise I probably wouldn't buy as I don't normally use a night cream but I will report more as the weeks progress and if any significant improvement occurs who knows!

DeeWhyO Tue 22-Oct-13 19:35:18

Been using serum for a few days, like the consistency, easy to use & clear packaging. Have been using it below & around eye area & around the mouth, under moisturiser (No 7 Beautiful Skin night cream/M&S Age Repair day cream). Like the results so far although early days, but have noticed skin around the eye area looks firmer. Will have to see how long the tubes last before deciding if I could afford to buy the product regularly.

Wen Wed 23-Oct-13 15:29:00

As with other comments, I was surprised at the small size of the tubes and probably starting using too much of the serum as it takes quite a bit to cover the face and neck area. It might seem a bit obvious but it would be helpful to have 'use sparingly' printed somewhere on the tubes.
The serum rubs into my skin well and is non greasy, and I think my skin is beginning to look smoother. Will answer the specific questions after four weeks or when the serum runs out. Present thinking is that I wouldn't pay £25 for it.

Elegran Wed 23-Oct-13 18:36:56

Still waiting for mine!

Grannylin Wed 23-Oct-13 19:38:01

Me too, Elegran envy

Galen Wed 23-Oct-13 19:42:11

It's a lot cheaper than the one I was using. So if it works I'll switch. Watch this space!

carocon Thu 24-Oct-13 11:05:39

I have been using the serum for three weeks now and it feels so lovely on my skin it leaves no sticky residue and I think it makes my moisturizer glide on a lot easier, I have noticed my skin looks a lot more glowing and fresher but I will see if long term use makes more of a difference.

Busybee Thu 24-Oct-13 11:39:45

I've used the Boots serums for a couple of years, so on my first use of Restore & Renew, I used the same amount as with my Lift & Luminate serums. Restore & Renew seems much thicker, so I am now using only a small amount; a little seems to go a long way.
I am using it with R&R eye cream and under Protect & Perfect Intense day and night creams. The instructions only say use with your favourite cream, but I assume there is some benefit in using products from the same range?
After 4 days, my skin is nice and soft; even after going out in the wind, it continued to feel moisturised.
I like the small size tubes as I travel a lot and they don't take up much space.

Charleygirl Thu 24-Oct-13 12:15:37

The tubes are so small that I thought that they were sample sizes until another GN made enquiries. I have been using them for around 5 days and because I do not think that they will last 4 weeks never mind 8, I have decided to apply to 2 areas only.

The first is under my eyes as I can see the start of lines appearing and the other is my neck. No visible difference at either site but my neck feels silky. The serums are easy to apply and not greasy. I have not noticed any perfume and as I have some impaired sight it is useful that I can easily differentiate between the 2 tubes. It would be helpful to be able to read what is printed on the tubes because I cannot.

I do not normally apply night cream to my face and neck. Will I buy it after the trial? I doubt very much because I think that it is very expensive for the amount given and the time that it will last.

tigerfangran Thu 24-Oct-13 13:00:01

I too have only had my samples a week but like others I find my skin soft and smooth .I also use Boots moisturizers which I only buy on offers e.g. 2 for 3.I do think for the age group they are targeted for they may be rather expensive at £25 a month! That said I do like them.Hope all wrinkles disappear!

whenim64 Thu 24-Oct-13 13:13:14

I've used the serums for one week and find my skin is soft and feels moisturised, but haven't noticed any difference in skin texture yet. I think I've used nearly half of both small tubes, putting a pea-sized amount on each time, which doesn't really spread all over my face and neck. We'll see what another week brings.

newfield Thu 24-Oct-13 16:38:22

I have been using Boots NO7 restore and renew for 1 week. It is so easy to use, not greasy, a small amount spreads easily on face and neck. Rather early to see any visible results yet but I am very hopeful.

Marion6 Thu 24-Oct-13 16:38:47

This is my 2nd attempt at posting my comments and I'm not sure why the 1st didn't appear on the thread. Mine arrived with the box scrunched up too but the tubes were undamaged. I like the fact they're different colours. I'm not sure if they're going to last a month although I'm only putting a small amount on. The serum goes on very smoothly and I'm putting it under my usual moisturiser (Simple). My skin is feeling very soft but a bit greasier than usual. No discernible difference to fine lines as yet but I have only been using it for a few days.

Galen Thu 24-Oct-13 17:33:54

I think, looking at my skin under a strong light today, that the fine lines are less visible. Time will tell with deeper ones. I've only been using it for a week.
I think my skin is brighter as well

nightowl Thu 24-Oct-13 17:49:04

Just playing devil's advocate (I would love to find a 'wonder cream') but do those of you who have been chosen to try this always moisturse twice a day? I have to admit to being very lazy indeed when it comes to skin care, so I have a sneaky suspicion that if I tried anything at all and actually used it regularly, it might make a difference.

This is a genuine question. Is it just me that's a bit of a scruff? blush

whenim64 Thu 24-Oct-13 17:55:02

I moisturise morning and night and have few wrinkles, but my mum and gran had wrinkle-free skin and didn't use anything, so I guess genes play a part, too.

nightowl Thu 24-Oct-13 18:02:17

Oh dear, it is just me then blush

hebrideanlady Thu 24-Oct-13 18:05:19

nightowl I am in the same situation as you. soap and water is all I use, I haven't even used moisturiser with the serum, because the only moisturiser I have, was bought to keep midges at bay. My skin does feel smoother, so does that mean I have to buy it for ever more at £25 a go. I think not smile

Grannyknot Thu 24-Oct-13 18:18:30

Still no sign of mine ... sad

hebrideanlady Thu 24-Oct-13 18:36:23

That is not on Grannyknot you should get on to them flowers for you till it arrives

ange Thu 24-Oct-13 19:05:38

As others have said, it's early days. I've only been using the product for 5 days so haven't noticed any difference yet. Even though I use it sparingly, I do wonder if the serums will last 8 weeks. It is very easy to apply and rubs in well.

BarbaraAbbs Thu 24-Oct-13 19:53:12

The other Boots no 7 products (Protect and Survive?) I have used said 'rub in with circular motion' or words to that effect and I did wonder if that was the thing that helped the skin tone. That being said, those serums and creams did stop you dragging the skin when you did the massaging.

This product sinks in quickly. Really like the texture. Don't know whether I am supposed to apply using circular motion or just leave it. I use it on saggy bits, not nose or chin. Certainly not neck (though that is saggy) because there isn't enough.

Tegan Thu 24-Oct-13 19:59:52

Protect and Survive; meant to potect against uv rays not nuclear holocaust..[I think hmm]..