Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Find out how gransnetters got on with testing the INNOVO® pelvic restoration system

(27 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 08-Dec-17 17:15:47

This is the feedback thread for the 5 gransnetters who having been testing the INNOVO® pelvic restoration system.

Here’s what Innovo has to say: “INNOVO® is a revolutionary system that uses proven technology to target the root cause of bladder weakness, not just the symptoms. Suitable for women suffering from little leaks to total loss of control, it is clinically proven to work. INNOVO® has the expertise, experience and technology to understand and help women suffering with bladder weakness and restore their confidence. They do not have to live with it.

INNOVO® is the only solution to treat all pelvic floor weakness problems, it is non-invasive, clinically proven and targets the cause not just the symptoms, so that women don’t need to live a life searching for toilets or constantly carrying pads.”

Feel free to find out more about the product here.

Testers, now that you've been testing the product for around 12 weeks, please give your final feedback by answering the questions below:

1. What symptoms were you experiencing before you discovered Innovotherapy, and how did they impact your everyday life.?
2. What did you find was the hardest symptom to deal with?
3. Was there a specific trigger for your symptoms? I.e. post pregnancy or Prostatectomy
4. How has Innovotherapy helped you / impacted your life?
5. How did you find the experience of using Innovotherapy?
6. How did you introduce Innovotherapy to your daily routine?
7. When did you start seeing results?
8. What has been the most beneficial change?
9. Would you recommend Innovotherapy to a friend

All testers who complete the feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one tester will win a £300 Love2Shop voucher.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

harrysgran Fri 08-Dec-17 17:39:53

I found the set up process ok though i did have to watch the video several times as I found it difficult at first actually putting on the garment now it takes me less than a minuteMy experience has been varied most of the time I find it ok however I found it uncomfortable a few times and was unable to manage full theory minutes on 70 or above as the sensation in my legs and from where the pads where was unpleasant and painful however this has only happened a couple of times in the 5 weeks I've been using it. I can't say I have found any great improvement as yet although in the last week when sneezing there is slightly less leakage. The taking off the garment was quite painful in the beginning but I now have a technique where I stretch skin away from pads whilst gently removing the pads .

MamaCaz Fri 08-Dec-17 18:30:00

Although i'm a lot better at positioning this now than I was at first, I still have to have a few goes sometimes before I am happy that they are correctly positioned - after all this repositioning, I am not sure the gel pads will last much beyond the end of the trial, if that.

I have tried different positions for using Innovo, and found that standing definitely works best for me. Firstly, I find I can tolerate a much higher input when standing (now up to 90), whereas when sitting my max is 70, and even then I sometimes find that one of my buttocks starts twitching uncomfortably.

I suffer from moderate stress incontinence (ever since the birth if my second child 35 years ago). 5 weeks into this trial, I haven't seen any great improvement yet, although I do think that my pelvic floor muscles must be a bit stronger because I can 'feel' them much better now if I do a traditional pelvic floor exercise than I could before. When using INNOVO, I certainly feel them being given a thorough workout!

As a test, I tried skipping today, but still got some leakage, but when out walking I sometimes jog short sections, and haven't had any leaks doing that recently, so maybe it is working ...

I am so pleased to have been chosen for this trial and to have this chance to reduce or even cure my problem, so i will certainly be keeping going with this as planned, and hope to be able to report back with more definite improvements in a few weeks time.

Pittcity Fri 08-Dec-17 19:27:04

How did you find the set up process?
I read the quick set up leaflet and the main booklet, then watched the video. I also arranged a set up phone call.
The set up was reasonably easy if you followed the instructions carefully. You need a measuring tape to position the sticky pads properly. It would have been good to have one included in the box as I had mislaid mine as usual.
I managed to position the garment once I had found the crease under my buttocks...you need to be reasonably dextrous for this...and I can now do this easily. This was a sticky manoeuvre at first but you soon learn to avoid touching the sticky pads.
The set up phone call is well worth having as you are given a discount code for new pads which you will need if you plan to keep using Innovo.

How have you found your experience of using INNOVO so far?
I take the opportunity to read and relax while Innovo is doing it's thing. At first it was uncomfortable but you soon get used to it and can increase the intensity, I prefer to lie down as my legs tend to twitch and I feel wobbly standing up.
I found the sticky pads very cold and as you have to bare some skin I have to pull a blanket over me. I do feel the cold even in a warm room.

How long have you been using INNOVO?
I have been using Innovo for half an hour five days a week for 5 weeks. I use the phone app to keep a record.

Have you noticed any improvements so far?
Yes. I have stopped needing the loo so frequently in the night. I have also had a cold and the coughs and sneezes still mean leakage but I feel confident enough to go down to the lightest Tena pad, even when exercising. DH and I haven't noticed any difference in the intimacy department but we'll keep experimenting.

Do you have any other feedback to share at this stage?
The set up video shows a young lady who recommends thong underwear. I don't own any of these so I just bare all or hitch my knickers up when using Innovo.

gillybob Sat 09-Dec-17 11:57:15

How did you find the set up process?

I found the set up a little tricky at first and I struggled to get the pads in the right place.(You do have to be a bit flexible) and they are so sticky that moving them around is impossible, you have to remove them altogether and start again. I found that one side was easier to get into place than the other, but now do it in front of a mirror which makes it a lot easier, albeit not very attractive!

How have you found your experience of using INNOVO so far?

Well, during the first week of using I found it impossible to do anything else while using it. I couldn't concentrate on anything and found myself reading the same lines of my book over and over, waiting for the pulses to arrive. As time has gone on I am finding it a lot easier (so glad I persevered) and now get myself into a comfy position and read. I am not sure if I will be able to manage the required level of 70+ although I am gradually getting closer. For the first week i couldn't get beyond 35 but found that increasing it gradually is easier. Last week i was working at around 60 (lying down) but I have had a stinking cold and cough this week so have had to reduce it back down to around the 50 mark.

How long have you been using INNOVO?

I have been using the INNOVO for 2 days short of 5 weeks (5 times a week). I did ring the helpline to ask whether i could split the 2 free days (for example Monday and Saturday instead of 2 consecutive days) but they advised against it. I must say I would have found it easier/better to split the days.

Have you noticed any improvements so far?

That's a tricky one as I have had a nasty cold this week and have still experienced little "leaks" when I sneeze although I have to say that I would normally leak when I cough hard too but have noticed that this is not happening (she said touching wood).

Do you have any other feedback to share at this stage?

Like Pittcity I don't have thong underwear but find hitching up my usual knickers works just fine. Not a pretty sight by any means but works well for me.

I wonder if the INNOVO could have been made as one "garment" that you pull into place like tight cycling shorts? maybe with a pouch for a pad for hygiene purposes?

Pittcity Sat 09-Dec-17 12:37:26

gillybob I have had to split my off days as I never know when I'll have a free half hour....much busier life since DH retired....don't see what difference it would make.
The shorts idea is great. They'd have to replace the sticky pads though hmm

constance Sun 10-Dec-17 15:26:29

I found the set up process a bit confusing at first - realised after initial panic when it didnt work that I had not pushed lead into the little box properly! The pads are a bit of a faff to put on the first few times and I have to take off everything to not accidentally stick the pads to dressing gown etc. I did watch the videos to help stop worrying I have put the pads in the wrong place on my legs . It is nice to know that this will work if I do it properly as I want to avoid the operations my mum ended up having!
Once I bit the bullet and got going with the Innovo and stopped being scared of where I stick it I got on ok - but sometimes have to turn down the dial - I am using P1 & P2 - I find P1 less irritating. One time on P2 I felt like the backs of my legs were itching way too much and had to turn it right down, it felt like sunburn.
I also sometimes find that I have to tilt my pelvis to feel the buzz in the pelvic floor, even though I have legs bent. I will try with the standing position (easier when the kids aren't at home)
I wrote about it here:
featherhouse.com/2017/12/03/birthday-presents/
It is mostly about making the time to do it regularly - I've had a lot of running around this month so have probably done it 4 rather than five days a week.
I haven't noticed any drastic improvement yet but that is my fault for being irregular but I did have a bit of a catastrophy at work last week as I got cocky and left it too late to get to the loo = a reminder to crank up the dial and strap the innovo on 5 days a week.

What happens if we do it 7 days a week?

constance Sun 10-Dec-17 15:27:32

I do agree with MamaCaz that I can feel my pelvic floor more when I do old-fashioned "pull-ups" now

cc120 Wed 03-Jan-18 11:12:37

Hi constance

The instructions state that both P1 and P2 intensity levels go from 0-120, however I can't get P2 intensity above 70. Does yours go above 70?

cc120 Sat 06-Jan-18 06:51:45

Would anyone with a medium size Innovo wish to sell to me? Would paypal payment first.

constance Mon 08-Jan-18 10:26:06

Hi cc120 mine does not go above 70 on the P2 even if you try and put it higher. I have not gone above 70 on the P1 setting yet but it does let you go higher.
I still 'feel' the P1 more than the P2 and am still alternating. Though one day I could hardly feel the P2 so did 30 minutes of P2 followed by 30 minutes of P1. (Mostly an excuse to lie down and read a book)
I still find the pads the worst bit - the coldness of them, the sticking to everything if you're having a cackhanded sort of day, and the peeling them off - especially the lower one on the back of the leg. I have found putting my foot up on a chair to tense the leg helps with the ouch factor of peeling off that last pad.

constance Mon 08-Jan-18 10:26:37

what size is yours •cc120*?

harrysgran Tue 30-Jan-18 17:42:00

Still find the set up tricky at times but finding it a lot more comfortable I can get up to 70 quickly now as before I had to do it in stages. I have had a chest infection and cold and when coughing or sneezing really found the benefits as no where near the leakage I had before. I was particularly busy over Christmas and not up to doing 5 times a week when but have got back in routine now.The shorts would be gteat idea also I use mine while lying on bed and therefore they are well stuck on which I sometimes find painful to remove.

MamaCaz Tue 30-Jan-18 18:09:47

Well, the 12 weeks are up. Over that time, I have used Innovo exactly as instructed: 30 mins per day, 5 days per week. I have used an average power level of around 80.

Unfortunately, I can't really claim to have seen any noticeable improvement in my moderate stress incontinence. Jogging still makes me leak unless I empty my bladder first, and skipping still makes me leak even then. Looks like my dream of trampolining is going to remain just that, a dream!
Admittedly, it is harder to be sure about small changes - I haven't had any little leaks on my way to the bathroom recently, but this wasn't an everyday occurrence before, so I'm not sure if its an improvement or coincidence.

To be honest, I was expecting more because when I am using Innovo, it feels as though it is working the pelvic floor.

Maybe childbirth did more to me than just weaken my pelvic floor but I'll never know for sure.

Despite this, I am really pleased to have had the opportunity to try Innovo (I could not have afforded to buy it), and really hope that the other Gransnetters have had much more positive results.

gillybob Wed 31-Jan-18 15:41:22

I too have used Innovo as instructed although I admit to shuffling my 5 days to take into account days when i have a lot of childcare meaning that i take a break in the middle rather than the end. I can get into the 70's (just) but can't do anything else (reading etc.) while I am on that sort of level as I find that I am concentrating on the "shocks" rather than the book i am trying to read. I do think that I have seem some improvement though and can easily make it to the toilet when I am dying to pee (I couldn't before) and no longer leak when I cough (unless it is very hard). I am hoping to stick with it and hope to see even more improvement as time goes on.

Pittcity Wed 31-Jan-18 16:22:17

1. What symptoms were you experiencing before you discovered Innovotherapy, and how did they impact your everyday life?
I had mild stress incontinence, leaking when I coughed, sneezed or exercised. I found it hard to hold a full bladder which was difficult when travelling and needed to get up at least twice in the night.

My leaks could be dealt with using Tena pads, so not hard to deal with just annoying.

3. Was there a specific trigger for your symptoms? I.e. post pregnancy or Prostatectomy?
I first experienced leaks after the birth of my eldest child over 30 years ago. These got worse after my second and third. They were all big and required forceps.

I have experienced a substantial improvement after using Innovo for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 12 weeks. I only have one night time loo trip, which is really early morning. I can hold a full bladder for longer and only leak with exercise when my bladder is full.
I have also noticed improvement in my muscle tone at the tops of my thighs and buttocks. I have spoken to a man who is using Innovo and it has improved his swimming kick-an unexpected bonus!!

It was a bit fiddly at first but I soon got used to putting it on and off. Unlike gillybob I was able to settle into a comfortable position and read as the pulses became familiar and soothing. I nearly nodded off on one occasion. I got up to 85 before it became uncomfortable.

I don't have a regular routine, so I just took half an hour whenever it was convenient.

I first saw an improvement after 4 weeks and it seemed to plateau after 10 weeks. I will keep up the recommended once or twice weekly session even if it is just to keep me where I am.

To be happy to rely on a light Tena liner when I am out and about and nothing when I am at home. Much more comfortable than more bulky products and easier on the purse too.

9. Would you recommend Innovotherapy to a friend?
Yes I would. It's well worth the time and the money. You can pay in instalments.

MamaCaz Wed 31-Jan-18 18:47:19

Now that the questions are up, I will answer in more detail:

1. What symptoms were you experiencing before you discovered Innovotherapy, and how did they impact your everyday life?
Leaks if I coughed or sneezed while standing and bigger leaks if I had to run or jump.
More recently, occasional small leaks on my way to the bathroom.

Leaks caused by running and jumping meant that I have to avoid any unplanned, spontaneous activity that involves these movements.

Hard to say - probably the leaks caused by unplanned running, when I am not armed with pads and don't have the opportunity to empty my bladder in advance.

3. Was there a specific trigger for your symptoms? I.e. post pregnancy or Prostatectomy?
Symptoms started after the birth of my second child, though have gradually worstened, especially since the menopause.

I think it might have reduced the number of leaks I suffer on the way to the bathroom with a full bladder.

Fiddly to begin with. It took quite a few goes to get these in the right position, which wasn't easy while the gel pads were still very sticky. Once I got used to it, it was perfectly ok.

To begin with, I did the 30mins in the evening, and just had to hope no one turned up at the house unexpectedly! Over Christmas and the new year I had to move the times around a bit to fit around our disrupted routine, but still managed to keep to the required 30 mins per day, five days a week.
I found Innovo more comfortable to use standing, so often stood next to the table and used my tablet for the 30 mins.

After 4 or 5 weeks, but no noticeable improvement since.

The reduction in leaks when headingfor the bathroom with a full bladder, but also better muscle tone in my buttocks.

9. Would you recommend Innovotherapy to a friend?
Probably - I certainly intend to keep using it myself for as long as the gel pads last - though they are getting quite dry now - in the hope of either further improvement or at least to maintain the current pelvic strength.

gillybob Thu 01-Feb-18 12:15:47

1. What symptoms were you experiencing before you discovered Innovotherapy, and how did they impact your everyday life.?

Mild stress incontinence. leaking when I sneeze or cough hard. Also found it hard to make it to the loo on time sometimes. Having to wear horrible pads in bed at night for fear of leaking when i cough.

Definitely the leaking when I cough or suddenly sneeze. very embarrassing.

3. Was there a specific trigger for your symptoms? I.e. post pregnancy or Prostatectomy

No specific trigger. Other than maybe getting older and the menopause, although possibly related to constipation? My sister ended up having an operation which I desperately want to avoid.

I feel that I am able to "hold on" much longer than I previously could and no longer leaking when I cough.

Okay really. It was tricky to get right at first with those sticky pads but practise has made perfect and I'm managing fine now. Still not able to get any higher than the 70 mark though as I find that I cannot concentrate on my book for waiting for the pulses. I have also had to adapt the 5 continuous days routine to fit in with my lifestyle.

As above I have had to adapt the routine a bit as cannot do 5 consecutive days. I am doing 2 (then one off) then 3 |(one off) seems to work okay. I do it as soon as I get in from work. Between 5.30 and 6.30 pm .

Much quicker than I expected. Certainly within a few weeks. It can't be coincidental that I can now get in from work and climb 2 sets of stairs to the loo without leaking.

As above, the being able to hold on that little bit when I need to. I also hated having to sleep with knickers and a pad (yuk) for fear of coughing. I find that I don't have to do that now. I now feel confident to wear a small panty liner during the day. Yippee.

Yes, I absolutely would. I hope to continue using it and see even more improvement.

harrysgran Sat 03-Feb-18 08:24:48

Symptoms I experienced before were stress incontinence also leakage during night.
Hardest symptoms leakage when coughing sneezing and exertion picking up a heavy object .
The trigger for me was after my youngest child also weight gain and the menopause.
Innovo has made leakage a lot less I no longer wear thick pads during night and only use a thin pant liner during day .
The experience took a bit of getting used to but once I became quicker at putting it on and off and placing pads correctly was fine the sensation became less noticeable by around the fourth week.
My routine was to use it in the evening more or less as soon as I arrived home from work I would watch news in my bedroom then have a shower after.
I started to see results by the fifth week I noticed was holding on longer with no leakage and even with coughing due to chest infection a lot less leakage .
Without a doubt I feel so much better and less anxious knowing I have more control over leakage I don't wear bulky pads or have the panic when I might forget to use a pant liner makes me feel less of an old lady smile
I would recommend to a friend or family who was experiencing problems my daughter is pregnant with her second child and we spoke about how this might help her after the baby if she experienced incontinence.

constance Sat 03-Feb-18 22:30:53

The worst one was thinking I needed the loo then being frozen in place trying to distract my bladder from immediately letting go - often as I put the key in the front door, so I would be stuck on the doorstep trying not to wet myself and hoping no one would be in my way once i got inside and ran to the loo!. I also used to get up a few times at night. and was regularly wearing tena pads just in case.

Probably the 'letting go' and not being able to stop floods!

I expect 5 children between 1978 & 1999 and lack of muscle tone are the issue. And not exercising my pelvic floor properly.

It's been interesting - definitely, as I wasn't sure I had any pelvic floor muscle left! It has made me think about exercising in between using the innovo, and raised my own awareness. I do want to keep using it.

It felt very weird at first. I am using P1 & P2 and hadn't realised till I talked to the researchers that they ARE meant to feel very different. That was reassuring. It is a weird sensation to get used to but it is also a good excuse to go lie down for 30 minutes (plus the time it takes to get on and off)
I am probably not alone in disliking the sticky pads and wondering whether I have put them in the wrong place.

I still haven't managed to make a regular time to do this as I don't have a regular timetable. It was tricky over xmas with so many visitors - didn't want the grandchildren wondering what I was doing! And also if you go away for a week, as I did, I left it at home. I am trying to make it a regular date.

Not sure. I also put my back out and seem to have gone backwards as it has made it hard to get to and from the loo (up and down stairs) quickly.

I still have problems stopping myself peeing once I have started, but I don't seem to get up at night so often, and have even managed to sleep through, which is pretty amazing.
I am also wondering if I might develop proper buttocks for the first time in years as they get stimulated on the P1 programme.

Yes, it feels like it is working, I just need to be more regular with using it.

I think the results might be quicker if I had just been using P1 everytime, rather than alternating P1 & P2.

Rowantree Tue 06-Mar-18 00:48:36

So why the eff is it so eyewateringly expensive??? I'd love to try it, but there is no way I can afford that kind of money.

Atqui Tue 06-Mar-18 14:25:49

I agree, though if it really worked I'd be willing to splash out... Oh - sorry no pun intended!
Apparently in France all new mothers are provided with such things.

Pittcity Tue 06-Mar-18 14:55:25

I think it is well worth it. Innovo do offer payment in instalments.

Pittcity Tue 06-Mar-18 14:56:42

....plus you will save on not having to buy so many pads!

grandmaz Fri 09-Mar-18 11:48:03

It's really helpful to read the ladies feedback here...I'm just about to go for physio to help things 'shape up' a bit...after five children and being post menopausal, the GP seemed unsurprised that I am experiencing pelvic floor problems - not so much with leakage, as pressure and discomfort low in the pelvis and backache on and off...mutterings about 'slight anterior prolapse' when I was examined. I also need the loo in the night, once if I'm lucky, but sometimes twice. I am determined to avoid surgery and so am very interested to read of others experiences with alternative means of dealing with the problem. Thanks everyone for telling us how you got on with the Innovo. smile