Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Suffer with joint pain? Read how the GN testers of GOPO® Joint Health rose-hip supplement are getting on

(94 Posts)
EmmaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Oct-18 17:11:15

NOW CLOSED

We were asked by the team at GOPO® Joint Health to find 40 gransnetters who suffer with joint pain to try their rose-hip supplement and report back. Find out how they are getting on below.

GOPO say “GOPO® Joint Health is made from 100% specially cultivated natural rose-hip and is the only product of its kind to contain a high level of GOPO® - a key component of the rose-hip which may play a valuable role in the care of joints and joint tissues”.

What‘s in GOPO® Joint Health?
- Made from 100% natural rose-hip
- Contains high level of GOPO®
- Rich in Vitamin C which is essential for normal collagen formation, needed by the body for healthy bones and cartilage
- Free from yeast, gluten, wheat, dairy and lactose
- Contains no GM ingredients
- Does not contain shellfish
- GOPO® Joint Health is a non-allergen and is suitable for people with diabetes.

More info here and here

First impressions (added after 2 weeks of receiving supplements)
- Why did you want to try this supplement? How old are you? What other supplements have you tried? Which joints are in pain?
- What were your first impressions of the supplement?
- How were the instructions?
- What do you think about the packaging?

Second feedback (about 6 weeks in)
- How are you getting on with the supplements?
- Have you spoken about them to anyone else?
- How would you describe them to someone who didn’t know?
- Have you noticed any changes with your joint pain or mobility?

Third feedback (after 3 months)
Now you are at the end of the 3 months, please say whether you think...
...GOPO® has helped with joint pain? Yes or no and if so how?
...GOPO® has helped with mobility? Yes or no and if so how?
...GOPO® has impacted on your daily activities and daily life? Yes or no and if so how?
- Would you recommend it to someone else with joint pain and do you think you will carry on taking GOPO®?

All testers who give feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list, but includes M&S, Boots, Debenhams, Amazon and loads more!)

Thanks GNHQ

Terms and conditions apply

rascal Wed 24-Oct-18 21:05:07

I wanted to try the GOPO as I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis . I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Coeliac Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, Unstable Angina & Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation. I hope the GOPO can help with my joint pains.
I am 70 and I'm on a lot of medication.
I have never tried any other supplements.
Joints that are painful just now are; feet, toes, knees, hips, lower back, higher back, shoulders, neck, hands & fingers.
My first impression of the supplement was that the capsules are very big.
The instructions were easy to understand and informative.
The packaging is good and fortunately it was easy to open.
I open the capsules and sprinkle the contents on food.
I felt it upset my tummy to start with, but I think it has settled now.
I don't notice it tastes the food. It is pleasant to take.
Thank you for including me in the trial.

Molly10 Thu 25-Oct-18 11:01:16

This is currently my 11th day of taking GOPO, so very early days and I would not expect at this stage to feel significantly different.

In my 60th year and, like many others, I really feel my joints being mildly aching to stiff and painful. In particular my hands are affected and usually at this time of year when the weather is growing colder this will increase.

I am generally not very good at taking tablets and usually avoid so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try something to see what, if any, benefits there are.

My initial thoughts were that the capsules were quite large and the thought of taking 6 capsules, 3 capsules x 2 per day seemed daunting. However, I keep these in full view and have been taking them religiously. I have only swallowed them with water which I am managing but they can be sprinkled on food also.

I am not sure who the target audience GOPO is aimed at but if I were looking for arthritic/age related joint products I could easily have overlooked these as the box packaging looks more sporty and body building style as if it should be in the food supplement/body building aisles.

Now the weather is changing from the balmy weather we have been experiencing, I should notice in the next month whether there is any change due to taking GOPO, as I have some painting and outside jobs to deal with which would cause significant pain and mobility issues with my hands.

genie10 Sun 28-Oct-18 13:01:45

I have arthritis in one knee and have been taking turmeric for that with no apparent effect so was glad to try something else. The packaging was fine. I find the capsules easy enough to swallow though they are quite big. I did try opening them and eating them with food bit found the powder sticks to my teeth so I soon reverted to swallowing them whole! No unwanted side effects so I'll continue with the whole trial.

Nannyflo Sun 28-Oct-18 20:47:39

The capsules are big but slip down easily with no after taste. I suffer with hip pain and stiffness in my back so I’m hoping these capsules help. I’ve only been taking them a few days as I was away when my package arrived so I feel it’s too early to pass comment on their effectiveness. ?

grannymary Fri 02-Nov-18 13:47:02

Apologies for the slow response. I’ve now been taking the capsules for almost 3 weeks. I suffer from arthritis symptoms in my neck, hands and wrists and also one hip and knee.
First impressions: tub was easy to open and instructions were clear. Capsules are quite big but were not difficult to swallow. During second week I have experienced less pain in my hip and knee although this is still present. There appears to be slightly less swelling in my hands. Recent cold weather always increases my symptoms. There has been no change in the pain my neck to date but I plan to carry on taking them and hopefully will see more improvement as time goes on.

halfgran Fri 02-Nov-18 22:00:45

Apologies here too, I have been busy painting and decorating. I am 65 and was diagnosed in my twenties with arthritis in my neck, hands, ankles, knees and now possibly hip have followed over the decades.
I have been taking 6 capsules daily for nearly 3 weeks now. Whilst decorating noticed a lot less stiffness, pain and discomfort especially in my hands and also my neck, so was able to do a lot more than I normally can to the delight of DH. I also notice I did not have to take nearly as many painkillers as usual so here's hoping.

Proseccomimama Thu 08-Nov-18 11:38:36

I have several medical conditions including osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. I was very pleased to be included in this trial. The packaging is attractive with clear instructions. The containers are easy to open unlike many other medications/supplements. I already take lots of medications and was a bit disappointed to note that as many as 6 tablets are needed daily. I therefore open the capsules and sprinkle the contents on food which is easily done.
I have not noticed any significant improvement in pain levels as yet, however my symptoms are variable on a day-to-day basis. I remain optimistic.

BlueBelle Wed 14-Nov-18 08:19:50

I am now a week into my second tub unfortunately I haven’t noticed any difference I ve done the five weeks on 6 tablets
Nothing really has changed at all for me what a shame I hope others have better results

midsummermadness Tue 20-Nov-18 11:38:48

I have now been taking the GOPO tablets for about 5 weeks. I am noticing less stiffness in my feet and ankles and as I'm not doing anything else different would suggest that this may be due to the GOPO tablets. I also haven't succumbed to the colds that everyone else around me seems to have had, which is another benefit. I do find the tablets too big to swallow easily, so it's a relief that they can be sprinkled on food.
I echo all that has been said about the well designed packaging and easy-to-read instructions, but would echo Beacon61's comment about the amount of plastic used in the bottles, which don't need to be so big.
I will definitely continue with this trial.

GrAnne2 Tue 20-Nov-18 11:46:14

So, this is my second feedback report at around 6 weeks. I’m fine with the supplements; haven’t spoken to anyone else about them (no-one I’ve been chatting with has joint problems: eyes; digestion; skin etc!); I’d describe them to someone as tasteless & easy to swallow, similar to an antibiotic capsule; and I’ve definitely noticed an improvement in my finger joints (less swollen & stiff). Thank you for the opportunity to test this supplement.

cookiemonster66 Tue 20-Nov-18 13:08:58

This is my 2nd feedback. I am really struggling to swallow the capsules, they get stuck in my throat and make me choke, this is leading to me dreading taking them every time. I will try sprinkling the contents on food instead as I see some others have done. I have not mentioned them to anyone, because honestly I do not have anything positive to say, and I was always told if you don't have anything positive to say keep quiet. I will persevere however I am finding it really hard work - sorry! Just being honest!

genie10 Tue 20-Nov-18 13:10:36

I have had no problem taking the capsules but also have not noticed any improvement in my joints. Early days, I hope. At present I would not be recommending them unless I notice a difference by the end of the trial.

glammanana Tue 20-Nov-18 13:22:48

This my second review of the capsules and I think I can see some slight improvement in my joints though not a dramatic improvement it is noticeable.
I have spoken to a couple of friends about the trial and the capsules and they await my final thoughts on the trial in a month or so.
I would encourage people to at least try the capsules for a period of time at least as some improvement to your pain relief is a godsend I am not as stiff when first getting up in the morning so am certainly going to continue using them in the future.

Warmthlover Tue 20-Nov-18 13:33:58

I ‘m 68. I wanted to try GOPO as I have joint aches and stiffness but have no tried any supplements since trying glucosophate years ago, with no noticeable difference. My first impressions were; packaging eye-catching (since you asked this question; it does not make much difference to me) and the size of the capsules were daunting. The instructions said to open the capsules if the size was a difficulty, so I did so, with ease; they just pop apart. I’m afraid I haven’t noticed any real difference yet but it’s early days; possibly my fingers are a little less stiff in the mornings. I’ll persevere!

Biddysue Tue 20-Nov-18 14:37:37

Now down to the maintenance dose having taken the full dose for four weeks. My fingers and elbows are feeling much better with the stiffness and pain gone.
My knees still hurt but I am sure not as much. I would encourage anyone else to try this product and I am happy to continue taking it .

Funnygran Tue 20-Nov-18 15:30:26

I am feeling a lot less stiff and my knee is much improved from when I started taking the supplement. It’s hard to decide whether this is due to GOPO or other factors. I have just finished physiotherapy for my knee and the exercises definitely helped. We’ve also just adopted a dog from a family member so I am walking more which is improving my joints. What will interest me is whether the symptoms return when the trial is finished. If it does happen, then I will be buying more immediately. I find the capsules quite easy to swallow with water. I haven’t really spoken about the trial to anyone else as not many of my friends seem to have stiff joints. I really appreciate the chance to take part.

Amee Tue 20-Nov-18 15:30:38

I took the full dose of 6 tablets for the first 5 weeks, I am now on the maintenance of 2 tablets twice a day.

My ankle swelling has reduced and made a big difference to my mobility. Knee pain when stair walking has greatly improved, although not pain free. My finger joints are still painful, but I have noticed a fair amount of improvement in these, and they are less swollen too, except for my little finger which is the worse with pain and stiffness, and I have felt no improvement there as yet. Elbow joint pain seems to be better too.

I have spoken to friends about these and they are interested on hearing the outcome at the end of my trail. I described them as being a natural product from rose hip, to help with the care of joints. I am looking forward to continuing with this and see if further improvements occur.

coffeepot Tue 20-Nov-18 17:45:15

I have now been taking these capsules for several weeks and have not noticed any difference to my joints. I haven’t recommended them to anyone else and am not sure at this stage if I would., they are easy to swallow and have not affected my stomach at all. I will carry on taking them but doubt I will buy them once I have used the 3month supply.

harrysgran Tue 20-Nov-18 17:54:30

I am about to start second lot of capsules I am getting on ok with tablets and finding them easier to take with milk.I have spoke to several work colleagues about them and all of them were interested to find out if they make a difference. I have described them as a natural supplement that are from a plant berry.At the moment I haven't found any difference in my joint pain however the last couple of nights I haven't been woken in the night with shoulder pain so fingers crossed I am going to see a permanent improvement

Angelwhisper Tue 20-Nov-18 18:01:48

My second review of GOPO and have completed approx. five weeks on full dose and now on maintainance dose. Have had no adverse effects from these capsules however as yet have not really noticed any significant change in my symptoms but am aware our bodies being different it may take a little longer for benefits to show for me and I am determined to complete this trial and see the final result. On a positive note I suffer from psoriasis and have had a fantastic result there with my skin clearing up for the first time in years so maybe that in its own would be worth continuing with GOPO after the trial for me. Family have all been aware that I am taking these and have noticed a change in my skin condition. Still being positive that my pain and stiffness will lessen towards end of trial. Thank you for including me.

Valbeasixties Wed 21-Nov-18 05:11:36

* I am enjoying using the contents of the capsules as part of my normal everyday routine as I sprinkle them on my morning muesli and my evening yogurt. I find them very easy to digest this way and like the flavour.
* Since taking them, I have noticed this food supplement in Boots chemists and seen some online advertising for it. However, I have not noticed enough difference to share with others.
* I would describe them as a food supplement along the lines of a prebiotic.
* I am 66 years old and have arthritis and joint pain due to having a connective tissue disease. Currently I have not experienced any real difference but should like to as this is a natural product.

Beacon61 Wed 21-Nov-18 08:34:49

I've now been taking the GOPO Joint Health supplements for 6 weeks, and I've noticed an improvement in my well-being. I live with rheumatoid arthritis which is particularly troublesome in my hands, and so I'm really pleased that the pain and stiffness seems to be reducing. A number of people have commented that I'm more dexterous, and so I've been telling them about how delighted I am to be a Gransnet 'tester' of GOPO. I've been explaining that it an easy to take supplement derived from rosehips which may have a positive effect on joint health.
I'm looking forward to reporting back how continued use will (hopefully) maintain this improvement, and maybe even progress it further...

rascal Wed 21-Nov-18 18:15:43

I am getting on well with the supplements. No problem taking it. I just open the capsules and sprinkle them on food.

I have not spoken about them to anyone else as I don't know anyone who has problems like me. But if I do I will mention them.

I would describe them as listed on the container; GOPO Rosehip Capsules helps maintain healthy & flexible joints. GOPO Joint Health is a unique patented food supplement made from specially cultivated rose-hip. It is rich in Vitamin C.

I have not noticed any changes with my joint pain and mobility. I sometimes waken during the night with horrendous pain and I'm very stiff during the day too.

I live in hope.

smile

grannymary Wed 21-Nov-18 20:21:29

I’m getting on well with the GOPO capsules. I’ve mentioned to quite a few friends that I’m trialling them and that I feel they’re having a positive impact on my joint mobility and that I have less pain in my joints. I’ve tried supplements previously, namely turmeric capsules and omega3 capsules and not noticed such a positive change.

kittykat692 Thu 22-Nov-18 10:43:52

- How are you getting on with the supplements?

I'm getting on with them ok. The capsules are very big and I may try sprinkling them on food tomorrow.

- Have you spoken about them to anyone else?
Have mentioned them to a few friends who are interested to see how I get on.

- How would you describe them to someone who didn’t know?
A rosehip supplement that may help with joint pain.

- Have you noticed any changes with your joint pain or mobility?
I haven't noticed any changes personally but fingers crossed!