Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Suffer with joint pain? Read how the GN testers of GOPO® Joint Health rose-hip supplement are getting on

(94 Posts)
EmmaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Oct-18 17:11:15

NOW CLOSED

We were asked by the team at GOPO® Joint Health to find 40 gransnetters who suffer with joint pain to try their rose-hip supplement and report back. Find out how they are getting on below.

GOPO say “GOPO® Joint Health is made from 100% specially cultivated natural rose-hip and is the only product of its kind to contain a high level of GOPO® - a key component of the rose-hip which may play a valuable role in the care of joints and joint tissues”.

What‘s in GOPO® Joint Health?
- Made from 100% natural rose-hip
- Contains high level of GOPO®
- Rich in Vitamin C which is essential for normal collagen formation, needed by the body for healthy bones and cartilage
- Free from yeast, gluten, wheat, dairy and lactose
- Contains no GM ingredients
- Does not contain shellfish
- GOPO® Joint Health is a non-allergen and is suitable for people with diabetes.

More info here and here

First impressions (added after 2 weeks of receiving supplements)
- Why did you want to try this supplement? How old are you? What other supplements have you tried? Which joints are in pain?
- What were your first impressions of the supplement?
- How were the instructions?
- What do you think about the packaging?

Second feedback (about 6 weeks in)
- How are you getting on with the supplements?
- Have you spoken about them to anyone else?
- How would you describe them to someone who didn’t know?
- Have you noticed any changes with your joint pain or mobility?

Third feedback (after 3 months)
Now you are at the end of the 3 months, please say whether you think...
...GOPO® has helped with joint pain? Yes or no and if so how?
...GOPO® has helped with mobility? Yes or no and if so how?
...GOPO® has impacted on your daily activities and daily life? Yes or no and if so how?
- Would you recommend it to someone else with joint pain and do you think you will carry on taking GOPO®?

All testers who give feedback as required will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list, but includes M&S, Boots, Debenhams, Amazon and loads more!)

Thanks GNHQ

Terms and conditions apply

harrysgran Thu 03-Jan-19 12:25:18

I did have high expectations at the start of the trial however I've had no improvement in joint pain or mobility. However I'm grateful I was given the opportunity to trial them I would recommend to others as they have no side effects and another person may find that they improve their condition. I still have some left to take and I am going to carry on until the end of the course. If I do find any improvement I will come back and give my feedback.

Proseccomimama Thu 03-Jan-19 15:26:49

Unfortunately there has been no significant improvement in mobility or pain since taking GOPO. There were no obvious side effects either.
Thankyou for letting me try them, however I will not be buying any more at this stasge.

midsummermadness Thu 03-Jan-19 18:42:43

GOPO® has helped with joint pain?
Possibly... I have noticed less pain in my thumb joints, but it's difficult to say it's because of GOPO as I have been trying to keep a very low intake of sugar in my diet at the same time.
...GOPO® has helped with mobility? Yes or no and if so how?
Not really... I am still suffering from awful stiffness in my feet and pain in my ankles, which makes walking very uncomfortable.
...GOPO® has impacted on your daily activities and daily life?
To be honest, I couldn't say it has. However, I do think the high dose of Rosehip is good for warding off colds!
- Would you recommend it to someone else with joint pain and do you think you will carry on taking GOPO®?
To be honest again, I don't think I have sufficient evidence to be recommending it to anyone, except for its high Vitamin C content.

genie10 Fri 04-Jan-19 10:10:08

I have noticed no change since taking the supplements so will not be continuing. Not sure that I would recommend them as they are relatively expensive.

jojochurchy Fri 04-Jan-19 12:02:41

i must admit to not noticing much difference while taking the tablets, but have persisted as I felt they would be doing more good than harm. I have also taken up some gentle exercise so perhaps the combination of the tablets and exercise is working well together

halfgran Fri 04-Jan-19 22:22:01

GOPO has helped with my joint pain particularly in my hands and neck although there has been no further improvement since last review. Due to the decrease in pain and stiffness my last monthly prescription has lasted 9 weeks.
My hands have improved due to less stiffness and pain and my ankles and feet are not stiff in the mornings making it easier going downstairs first thing.
Activity and daily life has improved because I can do more and be more active for longer because of less pain and stiffness.
I have recommended GOPO to a couple of friends and my sister, although she is unable to take it due to the high vitamin C content.
I shall continue to take GOPO because of the difference it has made to me, it's unfortunate not everyone has had the same positive experience.

Nannyflo Mon 07-Jan-19 18:10:54

I would love to say that GOPO has worked for me but unfortunately I haven’t noticed any improvement in joint pain or mobility. However, I think that maybe the high vitamin C content may have helped ward off the coughs and sneezes.
Thanks for allowing me to join the trial.

rascal Tue 08-Jan-19 11:42:45

I don't think it has helped joint pain. But pain is no worse.
It may have helped a little with mobility. I don't think I am so stiff trying to get out of the car etc.
Yes I think it has impacted on my daily life. I was with family at new year .One family member had a terrible cold and cough! I did get it from them but it did't last so long as it usually would so I think the GOPO has helped me. Many thanks.
I would recommend GOPO . I will probably start taking GOPO during the Wintertime.

glammanana Tue 08-Jan-19 11:57:49

Third and final Feedback.
I am now on the last of the maintance capsules and have found an improvement in my shoulder joint which was shattered 3.5 yrs ago and given pain ever since,it has lessened considerably and I am impressed with the out come.
I would encourage any friends to try the course it msy not suit everyone but I found it worked for me.
Many thanks for choosing me to be part of the trial,I am going to continue to use the capsules once the last bottle is used.

LadyO Mon 14-Jan-19 18:15:52

I started the programme a little late due to illness so I have not finished all the tablets yet.
Joint pain: My main problem is with my finger joints which are swollen, mis-shapen and painful. I think there has been some improvement but not dramatically.
Mobility: I have been exercising regularly and have found a big improvement in the mobility of my knees, though it is hard to know if it is the exercise or the GOPO which has helped, maybe a combination of the two.
Impact: Again, it is hard to tell as starting the GOPO course coincided with me making a more concerted effort to get fit, including losing some weight.
I intend to carry on taking the capsules to the end, as it may be that it takes the full 3 months to feel all the benefit. Unsure if I will purchase them going forward until I have finished these, but I will suggest them to friends if they have joint pain.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to try them.

Crazygran Mon 14-Jan-19 18:59:41

Hi,sorry I didn’t leave feed back the second time but I had a nasty fall and didn’t feel able to comment.

I have had no probs taking the capsules,they are easy to swallow, tub is easy to open.

I definitely feel that they have helped my athritis,my fingers and hands are not aching as much this year.

Very often you can only tell that something has worked when you stop taking or using.
I am planning on continuing with them, depending on the price.
Once again thank you for giving me the chance to try the product.

Noraturner Mon 14-Jan-19 22:19:27

Yes it help I felt less pain more mobile Can move about with less pain ,I would recommend it.I wouldn’t carry on taking your brand as it’s too expensive but I will try cheaper brands .

BlueBelle Mon 14-Jan-19 23:17:25

Last review and sorry to say nothing changed no improvement, pain just the same, but thanks for the chance to try, but I won’t be buying or recommending in the future

TheMaggiejane1 Tue 15-Jan-19 12:01:39

Unfortunately I didn’t ever manage to take the optimum dose as every time I took more than 3 capsules a day I suffered from very bad stomach upsets. I retried quite a few times and had the same reaction on each occasion after just a couple of days. Very disappointing as I had high hopes of feeling relief in some of the many joints I feel pain in. At least I was given the chance of trying it out.

Jacquelinesdenturesadventures Tue 15-Jan-19 12:05:12

How to have a more positive take on life ladies??

howdidthathappen Wed 16-Jan-19 16:45:26

I am 67 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall and 9 stone 12 lbs with an athletic build. I am a bit of a gym bunny and also enjoy dancing and zumba. I have osteoarthritis in both knees and the left knee sustained a ski injury 9 years ago and occasionally flares up. I tend to work through the pain but occasionally have to wear a knee support to keep going. I have tried many different supplements in the past to reduce joint pain and improve mobility. I have not given the 1st and second feedbacks. In the first two weeks I found that I could not take a twice daily dose of three capsules. I did manage three capsules every evening for the first 5 weeks but then reduced that to two capsules because I was getting stomach upsets. I was delighted that in those first six weeks my fingernails began to grow very strongly and stopped breaking and flaking which I thought was a good sign! Around the two month mark I contracted a stomach virus and had to stop taking the supplements and later I had to travel to New York and did not take the supplements whilst I was abroad. I have not been able to take the recommended dosage over the trial period for the reasons stated above so I feel my input in the trial and ability to comment is limited. However, I do feel that the pain in my knees is not as acute and I have fabulous fingernails, which is a great side effect! Despite my knee pain, I have good mobility and taking these capsules has not improved on this or effected my daily life. I think the supplements are worth trying but on cost alone and the fact that I am unable to take the recommended dosage, I don't think I shall be continuing with them.

EmmaGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 21-Jan-19 16:24:12

Congratulations to Nannyflo who was pulled from the prize draw to win the £300 voucher!

And thanks again to everyone who took part and left feedback smile

marianalma Mon 03-Feb-20 08:29:36

For help on managing osteoarthritis pain, I recommend: www.halfthebattlecoach.com