Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Find out what GNers have to say about Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash

(54 Posts)
AbbiCGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 08-Jul-19 16:48:55

This is the feedback thread for the Gransnet users who tested Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash. This test was open to all UK GNers.

Here is some more information about the Listerine® Nightly Reset mouthwash: “In a modern age of increasingly busy lifestyles and diary-filled days it’s easy to neglect things like oral health. Whether it’s healthy foods or sweet treats that you enjoy the most as snacks, tucking into acidic or sugary food and drink weakens your teeth enamel. While brushing does help to take care of your oral health, brushing just your teeth only targets 25% of your mouth*, Listerine® mouthwash targets virtually 100%.”

Testers please answer the following questions:

- What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ?
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store?
- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?

Selected testers were required to test out the product as part of their normal daily routine for 1-2 weeks. Testers are asked to leave a review (whether positive or negative) on the Listerine website and also on this feedback thread. All testers who leave feedback on the feedback thread will be entered into a prize draw** where 3 GNers will win a £100 VEX Gift Certificate which can be redeemed for any voucher on the voucher express website.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw
GNHQ

This product is not suitable for children under the age of 12
*From study representing teeth surface area measurements
UK/LI/19-13725c

**UK residents only, 18+. Must be a registered member of Gransnet. Enter from 10:00am on 8/07/19 to 5:00pm on 29/07/19. To participate, sign up to a Listerine® Nightly Reset product review and give valid feedback (whether positive or negative) on the product on the Listerine® Nightly Reset feedback thread on Gransnet. Only 1 entry per person. Prizes available are 3 x £100 VEX Gift Certificates exchangeable on voucherexpress.co.uk. Prize is subject to voucher express T&Cs. Full T&Cs can be found here. Promoter: Mumsnet Limited of Studio 13-16 Deane House Studios, 27 Greenwood Place, London, NW5 1LB, GB

bluebell58 Sun 14-Jul-19 14:57:18

Overall I was really satisfied with Listerine® Nightly Reset. I found it to have a pleasant taste and although I like other Listerine mouth washes they can burn a little but this was much smoother and didn't burn. It also appeared to reduce the plaque as my teeth felt smooth and clean for longer. I can't say if it strengthens the enamel but I would purchase it in store and recommend to friends and family.

janash1959 Sun 14-Jul-19 15:37:54

I have been using Listerine Nightly reset mouthwash for ten days, and have been very pleased with the results so far.
It has a very pleasant taste, which is in no way harsh like many of the other mouthwashes that I have used. It doesn't leave an antiseptic type taste either, but does leave your mouth feeling fresh and clean. After using it before bed I have noticed that I don't wake up with a nasty 'night-time' taste in my mouth in the morning which is really pleasant. I can honestly say there is nothing about the product that I don't like - apart from not having a measuring cup (I use the lid, but I'm not sure if I am using the correct amount).
I will certainly be buying this in the future, when I see it in the supermarket - I have looked and not found it on sale yet, and I would definitely recommend it to family and friends. smile

Nanz Sun 14-Jul-19 20:20:23

The listerine nightly arrived just over a week ago. I have been using it since. What i like most is that there is no " i need to get this out of my mouth feeling ". I have used mouthwash for years and always feel i need to spit as usually the taste is not nice.
I also like that " you don't have morning stale breath either" . my husband has started using it too and for sure we will continue to use it . I like it very much. Yes i have used Listerine before but didnt stick to it as i didnt like the taste.

Liz46 Mon 15-Jul-19 11:28:38

I have posted my review earlier but have since wondered about using the mouthwash just after brushing because I have sensitive teeth and my hygienist told me not to rinse my mouth after brushing. I have just bought two more bottles (It's on offer at £2.50). I'm not sure if I am allowed to say in which 'drug' shop so ask me if you want to know!

Pittcity Mon 15-Jul-19 13:58:57

I agree with Liz46 that using Mouthwash after brushing goes against the advice on the NHS website.
My own brand toothpaste has over three times more fluoride than the Listerine, so why wash it away?

Clarec5 Mon 15-Jul-19 17:52:34

Have been using this for nearly a week now and can say I was very pleasantly suprised by the taste, having used Listerine once in the past and subsequently stayed away as the taste was vile.

Overall I am quite satisfied with Listerine® Nightly Reset, teeth feel really smooth and squeaky clean after use.

I did find the quantity to use specified on the large size for my mouth and have been using less to ensure that I can get a good swish round my mouth without swallowing it.

The taste is ok for a mouthwash, there are many that are worse but I don't really like the colour it reminds me of screen wash.

Depending on the cost I would continue to use this after the trial if it is not much more expensive than my usual mouthwash.

I would recommend it to anyone who uses mouthwash and doesn't like an overly minty or chemical taste.

Too soon to report if there has been any improvement to the weakened areas of enamel I have.

Lilly1977 Mon 15-Jul-19 19:23:50

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset?
Very Satisfied, 9/10.
The taste was not overpowering like some mouthwashes. It has a pleasant taste that didn’t make me want to spit it out straight away like previous ones I have tried.
- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
N/A
Yes
Yes

gilljack68 Mon 15-Jul-19 20:22:16

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset
I was satisfied with this mouthwash but no more or less than others I have used.
What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ?
I liked the taste as it is not too strong, some mouthwashes I have tried make your mouth feel as though its on fire and you have to spit it out quickly.
If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
I have used other Listerine mouthwashes and they are a bit too strong for me, this one tastes nicer.
Probably not, only if it was on offer. I use supermarket own brand and it is good.
Probably not, it doesn't seem any better than the one I use now. sad

Heather51 Mon 15-Jul-19 22:16:47

Overall satisfaction?
Very satisfied with the mouthwash. Left my teeth feeling very clean.
Liked/Disliked most?
The taste was very pleasant, not too strong, very like other alcohol free mouthwashes.
Would I purchase it?
Only if on special offer. The present bottle is smaller and more expensive than normal Listerine. After just two weeks I was unable to tell whether it was better than my usual Listerine mouthwash.
Would I recommend it?
Yes when it is on special offer.

lildan Tue 16-Jul-19 19:36:09

What was your overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset? ... it was OK, that's the best I can say. What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ? Really didn't like the colour of the liquid, it was really depressing... a more purple colour would have been better. Taste was OK but not minty enough. If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare? Prefer some of the others but if it really does what it says on the bottle I will stick with it. Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? Maybe, not sure. Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family? Not yet.

Pittcity Thu 18-Jul-19 12:17:54

I was not satified.

I disliked the fact that it contained both alcohol and artificial sweeteners.
The price is too high.
The directions to use 15ml morning and night after brushing goes against the guidlines on the NHS website.
I liked the look and the taste.

If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare?
I usually use an own brand which is a quarter of the price, is alcohol free and has less artificial sweeteners.
The Nightly Reset does taste nicer and gives my mouth a clean tingling feeling. Much nicer than the old yellow Listerine.

Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store?
No.

Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?
No.

lexigran Thu 18-Jul-19 14:59:12

Not satisfied

I liked the taste as it was not too strong.
I disliked the ingredients as something in it gave me a nasty taste in my mouth and made me feel unwell. I had to stop using it after 3 days.

I preferred the taste to others I have tried but I don't use mouthwash regularly.

Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store?
No

Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family?
Not sure

CompGirl23 Thu 18-Jul-19 17:11:14

I am a regular user of a mouthwash and I really did like this one. Haven't used Listerine before. I really liked the taste did remind me a bit of the mouthwash in the dentist but was pleasant enough and did leave my mouth feeling clean. I didn't like keeping it my mouth for 60 seconds that's longer than I would normally do so and wasn't easy to do.
I'd definitely purchase it. I suffer with dry/burning mouth syndrome and it seemed to help with this.
Yes I would recommend this to others.

itsmyyearitis Fri 19-Jul-19 14:45:55

Wow! My mouth has never felt so fresh I am amazed! I use this twice daily and it gives me that all day freshness and no bad breath odour.

I love that I wake in the morning and my mouth still feels fresh from using the mouthwash the night before, even my teeth feel free from plaque and food debris.

This Mouthwash out does others by a mile because of it's unique formula to work whilst you sleep and has the ability to deep clean.

I shall be continuing to use this Mouthwash on a daily basis,and have already recommended it to my friends and family.
Highly Recommended.

Grans123 review left on Listerine Page

janney3 Sat 20-Jul-19 19:34:24

Overall satisfaction ?
I liked it and was very satisfied.

What did you like or dislike.
I liked the taste and I really liked its long lasting effects. My teeth felt smoother and better than they do after my usual mouthwash.

How does Listerine compare to my usual mouthwash?
I prefer it. Tastes better, effect seems to last longer too.

Would I purchase again?
Yes definitely.

Would I recommend to family and friends?
I certainly would.

grannydarkhair Mon 22-Jul-19 12:03:18

Overall satisfaction - it did leave my mouth feeling clean, but the taste wasn't very nice. I don't think 7-14 days is long enough to give a considered opinion, needs to be a longer period.
Liked - the feeling it left in my mouth. Disliked - taste; ingredients - seems a bit odd to have artificial sweeteners in a mouthwash; 15ml was too much to be able to swish it around my mouth properly. Also, I've always been told by dentist to not rinse mouth or use mouthwash after brushing with toothpaste.
Never used Listerine previously, so can't compare.
Would I buy it? - no.
Would I recommend it? - possibly, but I would also tell people what I disliked about it.

Alexa Mon 22-Jul-19 16:50:58

Just for a moment I thought it was about Gentleman Jack.

Lxrl Mon 22-Jul-19 23:01:44

- What did you like or dislike most about Listerine® Nightly Reset ? I liked the mild taste as I often find mouthwashes leave my eyes watering, but it didn't make my teeth and mouth feel exceptionally clean.

- If you’ve used Listerine® mouthwashes in the past, how does Listerine® Nightly Reset compare? I am a regular user of Listerine, particularly the whitening one. I do prefer the whitening one, it does leave my mouth feeling clean and I did notice whitening of my teeth.

- Now you’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset, would you purchase it in store? Probably not. My partner however did try it and liked it a lot, so maybe would get it in for him.

- Would you recommend Listerine® Nightly Reset to friends or family? Only for those who prefer a milder tasting mouthwash.

Other observations: I use a water pick as well as regular swishing it about my mouth, and it was really pleasant to use in the water pick as I didn't have to dilute it at all, due to the mild taste. The instructions to use a spoon and glass was odd, why not just drink it from the cap? I understand if you're sharing with others but surely that's common sense and up to the individual family/couple rather than have that stated on the packaging. Also I agree its odd to suggest 15ml, that seems far too much.

As mouthwashes go, it's okay. It's pleasant enough and I'm happy to continue using it, but may stick to purchasing my whitening mouthwash.

Lxrl Mon 22-Jul-19 23:05:32

(also left review on website under same username)

smiffy1062 Tue 23-Jul-19 09:38:28

Despite my reservations that there would be any discernible difference I was very impressed with this product.

I liked the milder taste and found it refreshing.
I disliked the amount you needed to use and the length of rinse suggested, found it impossible to rinse for 60 seconds with 15ml without dribbling!

I do regularly use Listerine Total Care and I did prefer this one as found it milder.

If on offer, I think it is quite expensive compared to my usual Total Care and unless more evidence can be provided to prove that it does significantly improve enamel not worth it.

Yes I could honestly say it is a good product.

Lorelei Tue 23-Jul-19 11:34:40

My overall satisfaction with Listerine® Nightly Reset was pretty positive and I found it quite nice to use, especially the night time before bed use as it left my teeth feeling nice, a gentle after-taste and generally my whole mouth felt more refreshed. Personally I preferred to use it at night than in the morning but can't really pinpoint why! Whether intentional or not one thing I have noticed since I started the trial is that my teeth are not quite as sensitive as they were when brushing them - I don't know if this is anything to do with the claims of re-mineralising / re-enamelling or not but I consider it an extra bonus and it makes brushing less worrisome and more pleasant than previously. I am now hopeful of further reducing sensitivity with continued use of this product. It was excellent at clearing any remaining 'dental debris' after brushing - I was fairly confident it had removed anything stuck in my teeth, on my gums or in my mouth.

I have used Listerine® and other brands of mouthwashes in the past; Listerine® Nightly Reset compares favourably as it is a nicer taste, more refreshing and doesn't have the chemical after-taste I often associate with using a mouthwash. In the past I have woken with a very dry mouth after using mouthwash at night, but my mouth still felt quite good on waking after using this Listerine product.

I like the midnight blue colour that is calming, looks good in the bathroom and for me has an instant association with freshness & cleanliness. The child-proof cap was secure enough to keep the little ones out, but I managed to open it and I often have problems with these sort of security measures due to health issues so I'd say Listerine got this bang-on right.

Now I’ve tried Listerine® Nightly Reset I think I probably would purchase it in store and because it lacks the harsh chemical taste & smell I would recommend it to friends & family?

My trial may be complete but I plan to continue with the routine nightly use of Listerine® Nightly Reset. I'd say this is a pleasant tasting, effective, refreshing product and well worth giving a try. I would be more than happy to test other products for this brand.

Isobelw Tue 23-Jul-19 21:31:59

I really liked Listerine Nightly Reset mouthwash.
I especially liked the taste as I find most mouthwash to minty and antiseptic. I really felt my mouth was cleaner after using. I would not hesitate to recommend it and will be using this now as my regular product.

burwellmum Sun 28-Jul-19 12:33:00

Too early to tell (although have been using it regularly for over a week).

I thought the taste was much less astringent than the mouthwashes I usually use. I wish they had a mark on the lid to measure out the 15ml rather than suggesting you use a spoon and glass. I was a little concerned by some of the ingredients.

Tastes better.

Not sure. It looks quite expensive compared to what I usually use and I noticed that there is 100ml less in the bottle than the similar Listerine products.

Depends whether I think it has helped once I have used it for longer.

I will post a similar review on the website under the same nickname.

Monkey63 Sun 28-Jul-19 18:35:32

The Listerine product was pleasant to use. I cannot honestly say that my teeth felt any cleaner though. I have used Listerine in the past and this Reset product is much "smoother". I dont think I would purchase instore. After a recent visit to the Dentist I was told I seem to be doing everything I should be iro oral hygiene. Therefore I would not go out of my way to recommend it.

jacalpad Mon 29-Jul-19 06:35:31

Thank you for sending me a sample bottle of Listerine.

I found the product easy and pleasant to use.

I thought the taste was pleasant and not too strong. I particularly liked the way my mouth felt fresh through the night. However, I found it difficult to swish for 60 seconds as I have a sensitive tongue. Some mouth washes make my tongue sting so much that I cannot use them. I was able to use this product, but not for the full 60 seconds. I did find my tongue was gradually getting less sensitive to the Listerine, and was gradually able to rinse for longer. This is a positive for me!

I have tried a different brand of mouthwash before, but it was too harsh and burnt my tongue.

I will continue to use this product, which I have seen on sale in the supermarkets.

Yes, I would recommend this product to my friends.