Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Read GNer feedback on Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion

(275 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 11-Oct-19 14:17:42

This is the feedback thread for the Gransnet users who have been testing the new Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion.

Here’s what Balneum has to say: “Created from soothing active ingredients such as urea and laureth-6.5, our dry skin and itch relief Lotion reduces irritation and locks moisture back into the skin. Easily absorbed, it’s proven to relieve the itch and is suitable for use with eczema and psoriasis prone skin.”

A bit more about Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion:
- An easily absorbed lotion that is specially formulated to hydrate and soothe dry and itchy skin
- Suitable for large areas of skin, or when a lighter moisturiser is preferred
- Leaves skin feeling soft, supple and smooth thanks to the replacement of much-needed oils and locking moisture into the skin
- Relieves itchy skin, this lotion is also suitable for use with eczema and psoriasis prone skin

If you’d like to see allergy and ingredient information, please click here.

Testers, please give your feedback by answering the below questions, as well as completing the short survey we’ve emailed to you:

1. How satisfied were you with Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion?
2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition? Were there any parts of the body you felt it worked best on?
3. Will you continue using Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion following this test?
4. Would you recommend Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion?

All testers who leave their feedback on both the thread and the survey will be entered into a prize draw where one GNer will win a £300 voucher for the store of their choice (from a list).

Balneum would also like it if you could leave feedback on the Amazon page for this product.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Standard Insight T&Cs apply

Suki70 Thu 17-Oct-19 18:45:33

1. It was runnier than I expected and tended to drip, although it was easy to massage in. It was very effective in stopping my skin itching but slightly less effective in preventing flakiness.
2. My shins tend to be dry, flaky and itchy so I have used the lotion on these.
3. I will finish the bottle but whether I would buy it rather than my usual cream would depend upon the cost.
4. I have already recommended the lotion to a relative who has eczema and is looking for something more effective than her current cream.

queenie68 Fri 18-Oct-19 09:41:16

Very satisfied indeed it took the itching away virtually straight away and left my skin smoother

2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition? Were there any parts of the body you felt it worked best on?
Balneum Dry Skin & Itch lotion worked wonders on my skin it relieved the itch and scaly appearance within a few applications and stopped excess dry skin building up but the best bit was getting my husband to put it on my back it has allowed my skin to soften so no more rough scrub to remove dry skin build up but has also made my acne virtually non existent just the odd spot now

3. Will you continue using Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion following this test?
Absolutely i have really enjoyed trialing it and also my husbands friend who gets awful dry skin on his T zone of his face has had a couple of goes and it made a huge difference to his skin and also the redness so he will also be looking for it

I would highly recommend Balneum Dry Skin & Itch Relief lotion to anybody who is struggling with dry skin and i am part of a Thyroid forum and will be recommending it to everyone on there as very dry skin is a side effect of underactive thyroid so i am sure there will be plenty of takers

Inthepink06 Fri 18-Oct-19 09:47:45

I was quite satisfied, it was a bit close to being watery for my liking
I felt it was easily absorbed and my skin on my legs and arms and it felt nice afterwards. I tried it on my face, I didn’t like it when I got it on my lips.
I may use it again
Potentially I would recommend it, if I knew how much it cost in comparison to other products

Iloveironing Fri 18-Oct-19 13:33:23

Like others I liked the lack of perfume. Unlike others I had no problem with the consistency as it rubbed in well. I found it more successful with some patches of itchy skin than with others but will continue using it until the sample is finished. I will then decide whether to purchase or not.

PinkSweetPea Fri 18-Oct-19 13:50:07

I was satisfied with the Balneum lotion . The lotion was not sticky when applied and the right consistence.

I used the lotion on my hands as they were itchy and on my wrists which often itch when I wear my watch and it did seem to help with the itchiness.

I will continue to use the lotion but not sure if I would buy it at full price. I use a cream from a online health store which is half the price and have been very happy with the results.

I would recommend the lotion as I think it does help with eczema and dry skin.

Catterygirl Fri 18-Oct-19 14:13:06

1. Yes, I am satisfied with the Balneum Lotion. Personally, I would prefer it to be perfumed, but then it might cause irritation.
2. I only received it a few days ago and have been using it on a bit of excema on my arm. It's too early to say if it's working but it is less thick and gooey than other creams I have tried.
3. Yes, I will continue to use this lotion especially in itchy areas.
4. Yes, I have already told my grown up son about it. He suffers from psoriasis.

rascal Fri 18-Oct-19 14:38:34

I am satisfied with Balneum Lotion. I would have preferred it to have been a bit thicker.
It did help my skin condition. It was applied to the back of my neck where it gets itchy.
I let my Daughter try it. She suffers from Psoriasis. She said it helped the itch a bit.

Squirrel2019 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:58:44

Very impressed with this product. It absorbs well. I even used it on the little ones. Feels very strange when I washed my hands of it though. I'd probably buy it when mine runs out, depending on the price. And I'll certainly recommend it!

futuregran1 Fri 18-Oct-19 23:32:11

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test Balneum as I have dry skin prone to psoriasis.

I was really pleased that this wasn't a perfumed lotion as my system reacts to certain scents. I found the lotion easy to apply, though I would have preferred it to be a little thicker. It tends to trickle off my hand while I applied it. However, it needed a second application after a few hours as my skin is very dry. I haven't seen any new psoriasis patches, though, and that is a very positive result, so I'll continue to use the lotion.
2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition?
I think it did help my dry skin and psoriasis and I hope it continues to do so. My psoriasis is quite irregular, and I never know when my skin will break out, so I hope the skin stays psoriasis-free with using this lotion.
Yes, I'll continue using it after this test, as long as it keeps the psoriasis away and keeps my skin moisturised.
Would you recommend Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion?
Yes, I'd recommend this lotion, based on its effect on my skin.

joysutty Sat 19-Oct-19 09:11:01

This is the 3 rd time of writing my review on this product as signed in and it would not accept my comments. Anyway once received the product which there was a delay with, i started to use straight away on my arms and legs each night before bed as suffer with dry skin, so stopped my normal prescription lotion from the doctor. I get bit of eczema between my eyebrows, but that didnt flare up, but between my fingers i got flaky skin the other week so used this twice a day and it cleared the condition up. Yes, will continue to buy this product. Thankyou for the opportunity to try it out.

Dannydog1 Sat 19-Oct-19 10:09:36

1. Very pleased with the product. Used it on areas. On my hands which get dry and split- was wary as a lotion not cream but it absorbed really quickly.
2. Definitely skin doesn’t seem as dry. Would use it on larger areas of body as well when necessary.
3. Yes I will keep using it- more versatile that my current cream and love the lotion rather than cream.
4. Yes I would recommend it- my husband has already taken it over!

RedPenny Sat 19-Oct-19 19:58:19

I was pleased with the texture & effect of the lotion.
I used the lotion on dry skin on my arms & legs. I was impressed with the long lasting soothing action of the lotion.
Yes
Probably, it’s one of the best I’ve tried.

NannyC2 Sun 20-Oct-19 15:20:48

Thank you for the opportunity to try this cream.
Answers as follows...

1 It was soothing and softening - very pleasant

2 My skin is drier now, so yes, it did help improve the condition. My elbow area which tends to get dry, felt a lot smoother.

3 I would like to continue using this cream and...

4 Yes, I would recommend to to others having tried it.

Thank you.

Ziggy1914 Sun 20-Oct-19 23:44:42

It was fantastic I have allways suffered from dry hands and they get very sore especially in the winter months but I found this product very good and it doesn't make my hands itch

Conniewonnie Mon 21-Oct-19 07:40:01

I have a few area of dry, itchy skin and can honestly say the product has helped in all areas and in some the dryness is no longer. The itchy has also gone in all areas. My face had a couple of dry areas near my mouth and ear..these are no longer. I also had dryness and itchy on my arms...the itchy has gone and the dry patch definitely reduced. I feel the more I use the product it will continue to clear my skin of dryness and itchy. Definitely does what it says. I have already recommended this product to family and friends.

Bellanonna Mon 21-Oct-19 10:14:07

I felt it left a greasy film but on the whole it was good. I particularly like the fact that it’s not perfumed. I would use again.

chelseababy Mon 21-Oct-19 10:17:43

I used this on one shin and a Dove product on the other. There was no discernible difference between the two so whether I would buy would depend on the price.

Cerys Mon 21-Oct-19 10:32:16

This is very effective and has really improved the condition of my skin.

When I first tried it I thought the lotion was too runny and thin - I usually use a cream - but I have been shocked at the difference it has made to my dry and itchy skin and also to patches of eczema.

Will definitely buy this again.

Annaram1 Mon 21-Oct-19 11:10:53

I just love this product, I use it on my arms, especially my upper arms, and on my very dry shins, and back of the shoulders and neck, which tend to get very itchy at night.
I like the fact that the product has no smell.
I will probably buy this product in the future.
I will definitely recommend it to others.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to test Balneum lotion.

junebabyjen Mon 21-Oct-19 12:09:29

1. How satisfied were you with Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion? Quite satisfied. It was such a light cream but very hydrating
2. Did Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion improve your skin's condition? Yes, my skin was less itchy and more hydrated. Were there any parts of the body you felt it worked best on? my legs, shins specifically
3. Will you continue using Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion following this test? Yes!
4. Would you recommend Balneum Dry Skin and Itch Relief Lotion? Yes

creativz Mon 21-Oct-19 12:12:47

Yes am very satisfied with the lotion, it’s definitely helped to reduce roughness of skin, I applied all over after bathing, I have eczema and urticaria but have had some relief with the itching, the worst areas of dry skin have significantly improved, my hands are loving it. I’ve already recommended to a gardener friend who also has badly chapped hands from overexposure to the weather, I think it would be a useful aid to anyone with severely dry skin. Thank you for the opportunity, much appreciated.

veronicah Mon 21-Oct-19 12:30:26

I was happily surprised by the Balneum lotion. Having suffered with psoriasis for most of my adult life I’ve tried almost every lotion on the market and then some, this is the first that genuinely leaves no residue. I found it worked best on the backs of my hands, but was also very good on elbows and knees. It really helped stop the itchy dry feeling and there was a marked improvement to the texture of my skin. Also love that it has no smell. I’d definitely recommend and will continue to use.

Cherrytree59 Mon 21-Oct-19 12:43:13

Here is my feed back after a couple of weeks using the product.?

1. Very satisfied

2. Yes my skin condition was improved.
Worked on legs, knees, arms and elbows the best (my problem areas)

3. I would continue to use following this test.

4. I would recommend Balneum dry skin and itch relief lotion.

Lynnewil8 Mon 21-Oct-19 14:34:44

I liked the lotion and was surprised how easily it was absorbed although at first I was sceptical that it would be effective as it was thin consistency. I have very dry skin and it definitely has helped albeit I have also started multivitamins in conjunction. Overall, I would recommend This product and will continue to buy it.

jacalpad Mon 21-Oct-19 16:07:28

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to try Balneum lotion.
1. I was very satisfied with this product. It was not sticky or greasy, and left my skin feeling very comfortable. It was quite runny - I would have preferred it to be a little thicker.

2. It made my skin softer and smoother. It was particularly effective on my shins, which were dry, itchy and marbled. Great improvement.

3. I will continue to use this product, depending on the price.

4. Yes, I would recommend this product.