Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Do you have a repeat prescription? Sign up to test Echo by Lloyd’s Pharmacy and get it delivered for free

(45 Posts)
JustineBGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 01-Sep-20 13:05:49

We’re looking for Gransnet users with an NHS repeat prescription to test Echo by Lloyd’s Pharmacy, and get their prescription delivered to their door.

Here’s what Echo has to say: “Every day Echo by LloydsPharmacy helps thousands of people get the medicine they need. We work with NHS England GPs to take care of repeat prescriptions. Using Echo by LloydsPharmacy will give you:
- Handy reminders for when to take and reorder
- Power family medicine management - you can easily manage your child, spouse or parent's medicine.
- Fast and free delivery”

To take part you (or someone you manage prescriptions for) will need to have a repeat prescription. You’ll need to order it online via the Echo app or website and get it delivered (with free delivery). Your normal prescription charges will apply (including if you’re exempt or have a prepayment certificate).

Following testing the service selected testers will need to give their feedback via a thread on Gransnet and a short survey.

Selected testers who give feedback will each receive a £5 Amazon voucher as a thanks for their time.

If you’re interested in taking part, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck!

GNHQ

Insight Terms and Conditions apply

Tinydancer Thu 24-Sep-20 12:26:26

Lloyd's Pharmacy took over from Sainsbury's pharmacy in our local Sainsbury's. From day one they were terrible, totally disorganised, didn't ever have anything in stock no matter what you wanted otc or prescription and a totally unhelpful attitude. If it was busy they didn't get an extra person to help from behind the scenes, you could see them still carrying on as if there wasn't a 15 minute wait. Not very nice when you have just had surgery only to find they don't have the basic dressing you need.I haven't touched them since as fortunately there are still alternatives where I live. My advice is don't use them.

Foxyferret Thu 24-Sep-20 12:49:35

I have used Echo for some time now. It’s great, no more taking prescription to doctors then standing in the queues at the chemist. Mine is delivered once a month and a reminder sent to you to tell you when you are low on tabs.

lizzypopbottle Thu 24-Sep-20 14:28:11

I signed up for Echo at the beginning of lockdown. It's free but others e.g. Boots make a charge. It has worked perfectly well with no hiccups. I'd like to receive the Amazon voucher. I see that insurance companies are no longer allowed to offer better fees to new customers so Echo should reward existing members too!

lizzypopbottle Thu 24-Sep-20 14:28:48

I'm ten miles from my nearest pharmacy btw...

TrendyNannie6 Thu 24-Sep-20 18:05:17

Agree with pippa22

wendybiv Thu 01-Oct-20 00:25:07

I already use Echo. No problems so far

Niobe Thu 01-Oct-20 09:36:27

When I need a repeat prescription I phone our small, independent pharmacy and they get the prescription from the GP and then deliver, free, within 2 days. If by any chance we are not in to take the delivery the pharmacist pops in with it on his way home. He is a neighbour . Doubt if Lloyds can match that and even if they could I would still support the local business.

Charleygirl5 Wed 28-Oct-20 14:14:44

I agree with Niobe I also support my local pharmacist. Mine are delivered, I order online and I find it all very convenient for me.

mernice Thu 29-Oct-20 10:07:40

We use Echo......it’s an amazingly efficient service and I’m not getting anything for saying that.

rowanflower0 Thu 29-Oct-20 11:33:17

My local pharmacy have delivered everyone's repeat prescriptions free of charge and unasked since the beginning of the first lockdown. They said it was a preventative measure.

aonk Thu 29-Oct-20 11:58:27

Everyone has different circumstances and different types of medication. My routine is good for me and also my DH. We phone the pharmacy next to the surgery or leave a request in a box at the surgery door. We then collect ourselves after a text message saying that our meds are ready. Only 1 person at a time in the shop. We’re fortunate to be physically able to do this and feel that we should use every opportunity to leave the house safely. I do appreciate that a delivery would be the best option for many others though.

nipsmum Thu 29-Oct-20 13:08:43

I would be delighted to do it but as it doesn't include Scotland that will not be possible.

Emptynester Thu 29-Oct-20 13:19:55

We used to use the Lloyds Pharmacy within the GPs surgery building however, we found them so inefficient and inaccurate, and when you had to return with a problem (mis-prescribed or just missing) the staff treated you so rudely, we decided to go to the small independent pharmacy in the next village. This was not just us, but quite a number of friends and acquaintances. The new pharmacy is not perfect, but the staff are polite and a vast improvement. So I will not be trying this new service.

BelindaB Thu 29-Oct-20 14:14:34

I, also, feel strongly that we should support local business's whenever we can and I will continue to use my local chemist for my repeat prescriptions. I have never asked for a delivery and hobble on up to them to collect my medications but I'm assured that if I cannot, then they will deliver them to me.

It is quite local to me so it's not that much of a chore. It's the hill to get up to the main road that knocks me sideways!

Plus, I have been using that chemist for over 40 years and the few times when I've got it wrong and not asked for a repeat in time, he has "advanced" me enough of my medication to keep me going until the GP signs it off.

I doubt very much if Lloyds would do so.

Lucy127 Thu 29-Oct-20 17:44:36

My local village pharmacy is superb and looks after me very well. An email to the surgery and then collect from Lunts chemist two days later. In the current climate they also have a great team of volunteers to deliver. All no charge.

NannyMags Thu 29-Oct-20 21:40:31

I tried to sign up to a similar scheme a few years ago, filled in the forms and was looking forward to having my medications delivered and it all fell flat because they cannot deliver opioid medications such as morphine oh well my husband will have to keep collecting it from the pharmacy then, such a shame.

Toadinthehole Mon 02-Nov-20 11:17:19

Our local supermarket changed to LloydsPharmacy, and then I could never get anything!! I think I’ll turn the £5 down thanks?

travelsafar Thu 05-Nov-20 09:29:40

We are perfectly happy with our local pharmacy inside Morrison's they are always happy to help and even know who we are although they must deal with hundreds of clients.

tjlcont Thu 04-Mar-21 05:31:37

they get you to join their free service then they start charging you for it. Clever ploy I think and very devious of Lloyds. Fortunately I am very happy with the delivery service I get from a company in Leeds and wouldn't change anyway and definitely not for a measly £5.
www.tjlcontractors.co.uk/