Gransnet forums

Relationships

Husbands

(19 Posts)
Synonymous Sat 12-Nov-16 17:20:24

Loobs I'm afraid if DH had said that to me I would have been asking if he wanted to drink his tea or wear it! hmm
As you say, ain't love grand!

rosesarered Sat 12-Nov-16 17:09:55

You should have told him that you are now embracing a hippie lifestyle, and it will be all organic salads for dinner from now on!( hit them where it hurts....mealtimes.)grin

LuckyDucky Sat 12-Nov-16 17:01:56

Loobs, how long have you been married? Would it help if you tell him gently his smiling comment was insensitive?

Maybe he should have said, "*I see you're pleased to see me*" and looked [pointedly at your chest grin.

Good luck flowers

Wobblybits Fri 28-Oct-16 19:12:02

Lind, you must be married to a very brave (or stupid) man.

nanasam Fri 28-Oct-16 19:07:23

I'm sure they don't mean it, they just put their mouth in drive before the brain is engaged. grin

Lindill49 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:02:31

I was "admiring" myself in the mirror and said I didn't think my bum was too bad for a lady of a certain age. His reply "it's not as nice as the one I saw at work today"!!! No I haven't forgiven him yet and it was 6 years ago!

Wobblybits Fri 28-Oct-16 18:45:50

Let's just embrace "Droopy" (Sneezy may get jealous though)

Envious Fri 28-Oct-16 15:51:42

I've lost 2 stone since May and everything is droopy! confused. Sure shows maintaining a certain weight through life is ideal!

annsixty Fri 28-Oct-16 15:34:29

Mine once told me I was no oil painting and he was serious.

Luckygirl Fri 28-Oct-16 15:26:41

My OH would have meant it as a compliment!

ninathenana Fri 28-Oct-16 15:21:40

Cheeky £%&*#
Maybe the arsenic is a step to far but I'd have seriously considered salt instead of sugar !

nanasam Fri 28-Oct-16 14:30:57

christine, I'm surprised he didn't end up in hospital!! grin

Christinefrance Fri 28-Oct-16 14:15:57

Oh dear Loobs that was a close call, surprised he didn't end up on the bonfire, get knitting as Rowantree said.

Alima Fri 28-Oct-16 12:44:03

Your name is very close to perfect. It should have been Boobs!

Wobblybits Fri 28-Oct-16 12:39:56

I was going to say, wait until he is naked in the bedroom (or anywhere else for that matter and say, "looking a bit droopy, again" whilst waggling a droopy little finger.

But I have been beaten to it.

Loobs Fri 28-Oct-16 11:40:29

I wouldn't mind but he's more Billy Bunter than Tom Cruise - do I mention that - never!!!

Rowantree Fri 28-Oct-16 11:19:54

Now is the time to knit him a minibra for his 'meat and two veg'. Give it to him and tell him you've noticed he'd been getting a bit 'droopy'lately grin

fiorentina51 Fri 28-Oct-16 11:15:38

Ain't it just!? ?

Loobs Fri 28-Oct-16 11:13:36

Now I am not one to moan but ..... Just walked into the garden where hubby is tending a bonfire - took him a cup of tea (I am baking a cake plus sorting out dinner for tonight so maybe not dressed to the nines) and he said "Thanks love, I see you're not wearing a bra". Not as unusual as you might think as an opening gambit from my husband and as I was wearing 2 thick tops (frosty here this morning) I just said "Wow how can you tell" to which he replied "They're a bit droopy" followed by a huge smile - can he really not tell the difference between a compliment and an insult. Me and my droopy boobs sloped back inside where I proceeded to add arsenic to the icing (OK not really, but in my head) - ain't love grand.