Gransnet forums

Relationships

Daughters with children vs daughters without

(31 Posts)
TinyPot Sat 09-Sep-17 23:23:10

Do you think you have a stronger relationship with your daughter/s when/if they've had children of their own?

If you have 2+ daughters and one/some of them have children and one/some of them don't, do you find that you see or talk to the ones with children more? Or that you're closer to them?

Tessa101 Sun 10-Sep-17 19:32:25

I have 2 DD who have 3 Ds between them I am close to all of them, all be it youngest lives in Australia with 2 of my GDS.Our relationship didn't change after children we have always been close.

f77ms Sun 10-Sep-17 21:05:10

I have four sons , we are very close and I see them all at least twice a week (separately) . 2 have no children- 2 have . I would say that I am also close to my DILs and have always made a huge effort to get on with any girls that my sons have brought home . I have become much closer to the youngest since he had his first child this year , he is in awe of me being able to cope with 4 children now he has his own !

MargaretX Sun 10-Sep-17 22:44:26

I have two daughters who after career time each had a baby within 6 weeks. So I was a Gran and still a mother to two new mothers and I think both felt I gave more time and attention to the other. I was exhausted with travelling some way to see them both, stay overnight and push prams.

Thats a long time ago and I get on well with both of them but we don't have daily contact. We always had seperate lives, different interests and I love to see them but would not like both calling twice a week. I haven't got the time.

MTDancer Mon 11-Sep-17 11:43:05

Marnie, I am sure you were a lovely mother. Relationships are funny things. I never see my daughter but am quite close to my son. As a parent, you can only have so much influence

silverlining48 Mon 11-Sep-17 18:07:46

I have two daughters, the younger has 2 children and the older daughter doesn't. I am a bit sad that my grandchildren dont have cousins but have accepted now.
She lives abroad so i see my younger daughter more frequently, because we go over once a week to help with childcare. Otherwise suspect weeks might go by. My neighbours daughter comes in every day, and i think that would be too much, never satisfied are we?