Gransnet forums

Relationships

MIL/IL threads etc.

(103 Posts)
Gonegirl Thu 07-Feb-19 22:51:57

I'm not sure what you are saying there. Do you mean that, because there is dreadful suffering in other parts of the world (which! btw, we all know about from watching the news and reading the papers) we are not allowed to have our own normal and natural feelings?

Why would it work like that?

paddyann Thu 07-Feb-19 22:49:27

With you all the way Izabella so many grans who think the world should revolve around them .I wonder did their mothers expect so much input in their lives? I know my mum and my MIL wouldn't have wanted to have a say in how ours were raised and were happy to spend whatever time they had with the GC .They certainly didn't bitch about each other ,were happy we had a support system that included them both.Maybe its not the younger generation who are the "snowflakes" its the mothers who raised them

Izabella Thu 07-Feb-19 22:41:26

Before I trudge off with my back pack (and so I may make a hasty getaway) grin I just wanted to make some observations.

I cannot believe the sometimes childish and self absorbed threads about trouble with in laws and life not being fair that have been on here over time. Throughout my career and travels I have seen the most terrible things in the world and people in absolute crisis. It makes me realise just how wars and terrible situations arise when human beings with so much, seem to find imagined hurt more rewarding than accepting that as human beings we are all different. These differences are rarely celebrated and I feel saddened.